Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby redline » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:06 am

call of duty black ops 3 just arrived through my letterbox today. :P
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Painmaster212 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Last bought game was a PSN purchase in Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter. Last phyiscal buy was Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes and the Hyrule 3DS console.
Painmaster212
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOH: Trails In The Sky SC

Postby Chaos » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Grabbed that deal from microsoft yesterday

Got a gears of war bundle xbone
they were out of some minecraft ripoff i was supposed to get, so they gave me forza 5
assassins creed unity came with it
got halo 5 and master chief collection

all for $350

pretty good I'd say

Chaos has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Raithos
Chaos
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II, AC:NL

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Got Rebel Galaxy recently. Not the best gameplay wise, but fun in a Skyrim in space kinda way, crossed with a bit of that film Serenity. Just warped to the Second solar system. I thought I was the boss in my light frigate with a lot of the expensive upgrades in the first solar system, but now, Jesus, I'm a littlefish again...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Raithos has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby HedlessChickn » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:34 pm

Raithos wrote: Image

Yeah, pretty much this. Just waiting for the unlock...

HedlessChickn has received a thanks from: Raithos
HedlessChickn
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: HedlessChickn
XBL: HedlessChickn
Steam: HedlessChickn
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby sand4fish » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:13 pm

Got this for a friend and we kinda played it together. And I gotta say, man the Xbox One found its Uncharted!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Pretty sure this is the first retail Wii-U game I've bought since Mario Kart. It also has the original unreleased Wii version of the game. What's funny, is how most games don't even ship with a manual nowadays, this one has two lol one for each version. Can't wait to try it out. I'll have to force myself to stop playing Fallout first though, which might prove difficult :)

Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:52 pm

Plz let us know how you get on with it. It's popped onto my radar since I need an Elder Scrolls-esque fix and since this is their main franchise now making it take longer for the next ES game, I should be interested...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:33 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:

Plz let us know how you get on with it. It's popped onto my radar since I need an Elder Scrolls-esque fix and since this is their main franchise now making it take longer for the next ES game, I should be interested...

I was having a good time with it until an important NPC completely disappeared from the area he was supposed to be during a quest. I ended up finding him a few towns over just wandering around as if nothing was happening, therefore halting all progression of the quest, so I (rather stupidly) overreacted and uninstalled the game, but I instantly regretted doing so. Maybe I just got unlucky - some people have reported not running into a single bug, whereas others have been having similar issues, particularly where performance is concerned - but I'm going to give the game another whirl and try approaching things differently.

I was actually quite enjoying the game before the little niggles started ticking me off progressively more and more. There's still no reason for them to release a game in this state, and I really don't like how the whole "Well, it is a Bethesda game" has become like a free pass in regards to game-breaking bugs and issues.

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:00 pm

That kinda thing is like a Bethesda quirk. ;-)

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Raithos
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:56 pm

I'd have Fallout 4 right now too if it wasnt for the fact it is made by Bethesda. I've been burned too many times by every game ive played from them. No, I will not fall into the hype on this quite just yet. I'll give it some months to be patched and in the mean time play amillion other games that work better.

Axm has received a thanks from: Calshot
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Raithos » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:10 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:Plz let us know how you get on with it. It's popped onto my radar since I need an Elder Scrolls-esque fix and since this is their main franchise now making it take longer for the next ES game, I should be interested...

I'm having a blast with it so far. If you're a fan of Elder Scrolls style game play and like post apocalyptic settings then I think you'll love it. Strange thing to say when referring to a Fallout game, but the world feels more alive than both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Most areas feel drastically different than the others. The weather effects are really nice too. They did an excellent job with some of the side quests, a few rival those found in Fallout 3's main story/DLC's. It was weird to have a voice at first, but it adds a lot to the game for me. The crafting system is very robust, and you can actually build and maintain small settlements. There's a ton of shit to do. I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs, just small glitches and hiccups that are bound to be present in sandbox games this large.

Raithos has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Calshot » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:10 am

Was holding off on getting this until I got a PS4, but I was in a Dark Souls mood and it turns out they made a version for the PS3.

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby OL » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:38 pm

^^Good buy either way, but still consider it for PS4 whenever you get around to acquiring one; the upgrade in performance does big things for it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming