Official Gaming Music Topic

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

Postby Thief » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:00 am

phpBB [video]

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Thief » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:43 am

phpBB [video]

Oh my gosh... i'm too hyped for this re-release. Needs to come out sooner. Anyway, this is my favorite track off of the piano collections. Such a great game, great soundtrack.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr357 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:51 pm

phpBB [video]

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mr357 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 pm

phpBB [video]

Mr357 has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kintor » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:55 pm

With the announcement of Daytona 3 Championship USA for arcades let's celebrate by listening to the musical talents of Takenobu Mitsuyoshi:

phpBB [video]

Kintor has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, Raithos
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Thief » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:43 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

This doesn't really count as video game music, but this is the guy who composed the music to Soul Blazer, and I find that pretty funny/amazing.

Thief has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:37 pm

Since I've been playing so much of SMTIV: Apocalyse lately it made me want to listen to SMTIV's OST again and just realising how damn good it was now, never even really picked up on it before now, think the first time i was just thinking "Meguro is better" (which he is, for the most part) without giving the new guy (Ryota Koduka) much of a chance but he definitely did do a great job overall, here are some of my favourites:

Easy listening synth music:
phpBB [video]

Craaaazy whistle synth and rock guitar wail, fast paced as hell and probably my favourite of the normal battle themes in the game, especially since it's literally set in hell on Earth at this point of the game:

phpBB [video]

Spoilers, I guess, but damn this might be contender for best final boss battle theme in the series (it's only the final boss theme in one of the routes, anyway, second to last in another), it's at points ethereal, gothic and evil sounding in other parts mainly thanks to the chanting and powerful organ, it's quite a simple composition but sounds so raw and a "this is it", honestly sounds like you're fighting a God, just as it should do since
you are fighting literally a part of the God itself. This whole scenario should make you fearful. The fact that what Merkahbah says is so creepy at the same time made the fight even better.
This theme literally gave me chills as I was fighting the boss and made it my favourite in the game.

phpBB [video]

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:44 pm

phpBB [video]

I fucked up and started listening to Suikoden II music last night. Its incredible how many of these songs I remember, and what was going on in the game when listening to some of them. I am surprised so much came back to me, never the less I am taken back to a much younger me and simpler time when I am listening to these. Kind of makes me remember how I really have experienced some of the best games in all of gaming and how deeply invested in it I really am, especially back then. Thanks for all the good memories Suikoden! Here is the link to the full OST on YouTube. How many of these do you remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7CKWhN ... 2A0C9D112C
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:36 am

Just got the Vita remake of the original Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure (retitled Adventures of Mana here, previously remade on the GBA as Sword of Mana; yeah, lotta titles), and man, that re-orchestrated soundtrack is beautiful. You actually have the option of choosing the original Gameboy chiptunes as well, which is nice, but I don't think I'll be changing it. The new stuff is just too freakin' majestic.

phpBB [video]
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Anonymous81 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:05 am

Excluding all the super catchy classic game themes from the 8 and 16 bit days...

My favorite video game compositions from over the years:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
/[spoiler]

[spoiler]
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

At present I'm slightly obsessed with...

phpBB [video]

And, of COURSE...

phpBB [video]
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby OL » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:04 pm

^^Sorry, edited your post a bit with spoiler tags. Not for spoilers of course, we just try to limit the amount of showing videos in a post to one or two, just so the page isn't so taxing on anybody's computers. A hundred videos on a page can slow things down a bit.

OL has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Anonymous81 wrote:
phpBB [video]

I'm not sure if that really counts as a video game track since it appeared on his 1999 album, Hours, but I definitely agree that it's great and a very nice addition to the game. With little else to do in Omikron's open world, finding those underground concerts was very satisfying, although the second and third didn't have nearly the same impact for me as that one (largely because those songs weren't as good). It's rather ironic now though since Bowie is dead (he didn't survive). :sad:

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:48 am

OL wrote: ^^Sorry, edited your post a bit with spoiler tags. Not for spoilers of course, we just try to limit the amount of showing videos in a post to one or two, just so the page isn't so taxing on anybody's computers. A hundred videos on a page can slow things down a bit.

Oh totally cool. Apologies, I didn't know I could do that lol.

Mr357 wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote:
phpBB [video]

I'm not sure if that really counts as a video game track since it appeared on his 1999 album, Hours, but I definitely agree that it's great and a very nice addition to the game. With little else to do in Omikron's open world, finding those underground concerts was very satisfying, although the second and third didn't have nearly the same impact for me as that one (largely because those songs weren't as good). It's rather ironic now though since Bowie is dead (he didn't survive). :sad:

Indeed. :(

But yeah it gave the world this really cool underground subculture vibe. And since he was a character in the game, I figured I'd add it. It was a weird, kind of clunky game, but I got so sucked into it.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Thief » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:37 am

phpBB [video]

the music at 42 seconds reminds me of Nate's theme

phpBB [video]
Thief
LAMEWAD