Official Gaming Music Topic

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

Postby Thief » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:57 pm

Day
phpBB [video]

Night
phpBB [video]

A remix of Wind Wakers dragon roost theme. The music in this game is incredible...
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Rakim » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:11 pm

The music for Gravity Daze/Rush/whatever it's called so so good.

phpBB [video]

I saw that cat commercial for the game by accident a couple of days ago and I've been hooked on the soundtrack since.

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Thief » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 am

With Xrd Rev 2 coming out soon, let's hope bridget finally shows up already.

phpBB [video]
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Mr357 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm

phpBB [video]

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Thief » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:23 am

phpBB [video]
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby younessius » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:53 am

Shenmue Piano Collection will be available around August/September 2017

https://igg.me/at/6MnKQ1xoPgU/x/15261417
younessius
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Beyond words. Honestly feel that the first Drakengard has some music in it that's just as good as NieR's but doesn't get recognised and it's a shame. The soundtrack was done by other Namco composers Nobuyoshi Sano and Takayuki Aihara (Tekken composers) and I feel that it's their best work just like Okabe's best work is on the NieR series. This soundtrack is so weird and the way in which Sano uses reverb to make music from what sounds like a broken music CD really lifts the game as a whole for me whereas Aihara seems to remix classical pieces, Sano provides original music remixed all chopped up and fed into a mixer. The result is one of the most demented soundtracks ever.

You are now in hell: the music
phpBB [video]

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Holy friggin' lord.
I'm a huge, huge, HUGE fan of Nobuyoshi Sano's soundtrack to the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2 game. I've probably mentioned that before. Well, after discovering that amazing nugget of OST goodness, I tried looking into more of Sano's works, hoping to find a similar feel, a similar vibe, all that... but came up a little empty. None of it was bad, obviously, but likewise none of it had quite the same "glitched" style as the SAC soundtrack, making me think it was the only example of his work that sounded that way. Everything else I could find by him had a slightly more "standard" (if that even makes sense) Tekken/Ridge Racer-esque electronic sound to it.
But by goddamn golly, that piece you posted of his (the second video) actually does have the same style to it, though with an appropriate orchestral backing. Felt damn nice hearing something "new" from him with that same charm I was looking for before.
I played a few hours into Drakengard a number of years ago, but never finished, and I've all but forgotten everything about it by now. Just that track alone has made me want to go tackle it again sometime soon. I know there's not a ton like it in the soundtrack (looked up the rest, and the one you picked seems the closest) but it's still nice just to hear a little more. I'd thank your post ten times if I could.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:08 pm

OL wrote: Holy friggin' lord.
I'm a huge, huge, HUGE fan of Nobuyoshi Sano's soundtrack to the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2 game. I've probably mentioned that before. Well, after discovering that amazing nugget of OST goodness, I tried looking into more of Sano's works, hoping to find a similar feel, a similar vibe, all that... but came up a little empty. None of it was bad, obviously, but likewise none of it had quite the same "glitched" style as the SAC soundtrack, making me think it was the only example of his work that sounded that way. Everything else I could find by him had a slightly more "standard" (if that even makes sense) Tekken/Ridge Racer-esque electronic sound to it.
But by goddamn golly, that piece you posted of his (the second video) actually does have the same style to it, though with an appropriate orchestral backing. Felt damn nice hearing something "new" from him with that same charm I was looking for before.
I played a few hours into Drakengard a number of years ago, but never finished, and I've all but forgotten everything about it by now. Just that track alone has made me want to go tackle it again sometime soon. I know there's not a ton like it in the soundtrack (looked up the rest, and the one you picked seems the closest) but it's still nice just to hear a little more. I'd thank your post ten times if I could.

Haha, no worries. That's my favourite of Sano's styles too (I really like his work on Tekken and Ridge Racer too but still, this is better). I love the Stand Alone Complex soundtrack as well. Speaking of Cavia games he composed for, I'd also advise checking out the Resident Evil: Dead Aim (Gun Survivor 4) soundtrack as well.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

I think Sano's work meshes so well with Cavia's games since some of their games are so batshit insane and weird. His music really makes the games something more. I think his work at Cavia is some of the most underrated in the game industry. I wouldn't love half of the Cavia back catalogue if it wasn't for his work on them.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 am

phpBB [video]
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Having gotten three out of the five main endings now for NieR: Automata, I can safely say that the OST is absolutely amazing just like the original's:

Overwhelming power (favourite boss theme in the game):
phpBB [video]

New Age+Techno combo:
phpBB [video]

Probably my favourite of the lot:
phpBB [video]

Okabe fucking delivered with this soundtrack.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43 am

phpBB [video]
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Recently got a new acoustic guitar and figured I'd take the opportunity to leave it in standard tuning for once (only had electrics before, and always downtuned them, so I haven't bothered with standard E in years). With that being the case, I started looking for music I legitimately love that's tuned in standard, and of course a whole lot of soundtrack stuff came to mind.
Some of the stuff from Crisis Core will provide a nice way to ease into finger picking and more traditional chords. One of the most underappreciated soundtracks I know of in gaming; in some areas, I even love it more than the original FFVII soundtrack, and that's saying something for me. And yet, the majority of it is all pretty simple.
Takeharu Ishimoto's acoustic rendition of Aerith's theme is amazing, and his main "theme" for the game (there are actually a couple different ones) gives me the feels, even though it's easy as friggin' pie to play.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Makes me want to finally replay the game again. We haven't gotten a remaster in all this time, so maybe I ought to just buy it digitally so I can play it on the Vita or PSTV.
EDIT: Nevermind, it's not on the Playstation Store.
Baffling.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Wed May 03, 2017 5:02 am

phpBB [video]

Calshot has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo