Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Yusef is a character that I created as "insurance". I wanted to have a rich story for organizations and world building but also its a dream of mine to draw parallels between the 1979 revolution and Terrorism in the Caribbean.

Also Ahmed is kinda based off the little bits I know about Wude (hence he is not a negative character. I'd actually like Ahmed/Arthur to be seen as likeable despite switching sides)

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: wude
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:25 pm

phpBB [video]

Bizarre..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:03 pm

so the N64 making the dog noises and the red expansion pack... what exactly is that red expansion pack supposed to signify? *remembers red rocket from south park*
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:33 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote: so the N64 making the dog noises and the red expansion pack... what exactly is that red expansion pack supposed to signify? *remembers red rocket from south park*

His tongue.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:56 pm

I have a pretty steep list of games i wanna buy and play this summer. and goes as follows

Need to finish:
Zelda Link Between Worlds
Bravely Default
Yakuza 3

Need to start:
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
Uncharted 3
God of War Ascension

Hopefully I can get through these games over summer, shame school came around and the basketball season started heating up, so I havent really gotten to play any games, but I need a gaming break. I think i'll start by finishing a link between worlds and BD, but I might skip to FFX after zelda, not sure yet. we'll see if i actually have time to finish all of these, would feel great to knock them all down.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Axm
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:25 am

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Sonikku » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:20 pm

I see Zoidberg is doing well for himself these days. =D>
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:23 am

phpBB [video]

Anyone seen this game or played it? Its coming out for 3DS and PC soon apparently. Looks like a 16 bbit JRPG, and alot of that reminds me of FF and Chrono Trigger, and alot of other games from that era. Anyway it looks interesting, I wonder if it will be any good?

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: wude
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Giorgio » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:58 pm

Watched a Twitch livestream by AtlusUSA about its latest title Daylight. On the chat you can actually select "interactions", like: scream, hello, light, feet, static ... They played on the hard mode of the game. Almost all said that they jumped from fear and need to change their pants... Didn't find it that scary, unless maybe if you can play it in Project Morpheus... As well, didn't find it that interesting. The "interactions" was somehow interesting, but that is from the point of view of the watcher, not the player.

It seemed to only going around, in a procedurally created environment, looking to find some notes (but where was not clear), while some meant to be scary creatures suddendly appear or sound to lurking just behind and following you and, when you meet them face-to-face, the screen turned semi black with some red artistic lines (and when it goes completely blank then you die).

Also, some objects appeared to fly over you. The hero/ine of the game had a light/glowing stick and a cellphone caring around, with the first illuminate the ghost-like creatures and with the cellphone looking on a map. Other than that, didn't find something new to captivate your interest.
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri May 02, 2014 6:08 pm

Giving out beta version of beatdown city to backers.

https://twitter.com/aNuChallenger/statu ... 0114118656

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Raithos
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby lavrentis » Sat May 03, 2014 5:16 am

Me and a uni mate are gonna make an android game, something along the lines of a battle game in an arena on a platform with powerups lol I know its been done but we're mainly doing it for the experience to start.

Got a job recently as a software developer as well, mainly in PHP and all the other languages that go with it (PHP dev's know the score) but some other ones like Java etc
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 03, 2014 7:17 am

What's the deal with the disk version of Ratchet & Clank Nexus? Does the game come on the disk or is bundled with a download code where you need the disk inserted to start the game? Amazon doesn't make it very clear.

I'm buying it as a gift for my little brother and want to make sure he can trade it in when he's finished with it..

lavrentis wrote: Me and a uni mate are gonna make an android game, something along the lines of a battle game in an arena on a platform with powerups lol I know its been done but we're mainly doing it for the experience to start.

Got a job recently as a software developer as well, mainly in PHP and all the other languages that go with it (PHP dev's know the score) but some other ones like Java etc

Keep your groovin, man!

A friend of mine started to make an XBLA game using XNA Studio a year or so ago.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: lavrentis
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat May 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Yeah, R&C:Nexus is on the disc. The DLC code it comes with is for Quest for Booty, the middle part of the Future trilogy.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat May 03, 2014 2:29 pm

OL wrote: Yeah, R&C:Nexus is on the disc. The DLC code it comes with is for Quest for Booty, the middle part of the Future trilogy.

That's cool. Thanks, OL!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Sat May 03, 2014 9:13 pm

Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming