Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Raithos » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Its the Switch port of "Girlfriend Trainer 2017" lol

Nah but its called 1-2 Switch. Collection of mini-games that take advantage of the hardware. They showed a western dueling game during the presentation. Not sure what else is included though.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Mr357
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:54 pm

For some obscure reason Puyo Puyo Tetris is only available on disc for PS4 but in both physical and digital on the Switch.. Christ I hope this changes, I hate physical releases!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Nearly pissed myself when I watched this.

phpBB [video]

myshtuff has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, sand4fish
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:12 am

Aw, nice.
phpBB [video]

Missed that this was announced last month. I haven't played particularly far in the original game (only about three levels), but I always liked the idea of it, being like a big, flashy boss run of sorts. New one looks like it might have some slightly more involved levels though. And man, dat art design.
This gives me the urge to pick up my Vita and finally play all the way through Malicious Rebirth.
Really hope the new one gets localized. The first game seemed like an unlikely candidate for it, but we actually managed to get both the original PS3 version and the expanded Vita version in the west. So I've got hope for this one (even if it is strictly digital, like the others).

OL has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Ziming » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:17 pm

phpBB [video]
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:53 pm

Now that I'm finally on book 5 of dreamfall chapters I read that there will be a "final cut" version in march :roll:
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Raithos » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:52 am

Man, when you snooze you loose. I have/beat the original Gravity Rush, so wasn't that tempted with the remaster when it came out. Planned on picking up GR2 next month, so just tried to order it to play it again. Amazon is sold out. Took a look on eBay and out of no where it started selling for $100+ :shock: Hopefully they print more and it comes down in price lol.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:17 pm

That's really weird. I can't imagine it's particularly rare (wasn't even sure if the remaster sold well at all).
Hope it goes down eventually so you can get it (it's a pretty much perfect port), but I have to say, at least it's kind of nice to see there's supposedly such a demand now anyway. When the original game came out, I always felt like it never got the audience it deserved. Me, I bought a Vita specifically for that game, but so many other people didn't even look its way. Now with the second game coming out, I guess it's gaining a bit more of its due popularity.

On that note, here's the anime they made to bridge the gap between the two games.
Kind of a bummer, the Japanese got a special edition with this on a separate bluray, but us lowly westerners have to make due with a youtube video.
Haven't even watched it myself yet, because I wanted to wait until the second game's release was a little closer (it's actually out in a few days). Guess I'll go grab some coffee and watch it right now.

phpBB [video]

EDIT: Great little anime. Got me even more excited for the second game.
Can't freakin' wait to play as Raven in the free DLC they're gonna be putting out.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:27 pm

OL wrote: That's really weird. I can't imagine it's particularly rare (wasn't even sure if the remaster sold well at all).

Dont take it for granted. There was actually a Twitter campaign that happened to make sure the physical copy of the Remaster came out, it was originally digital only, if not for those fine folks we would have had no physical copies. That being said, im not surprised the print run was small and the game is rare and expensive now.

@Raithos you should at least be able to still get it on PSN for cheap. Probably not what you want to hear, but if you want to play it, there is at least that option.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:26 pm

What exactly am I taking for granted? I'm probably happier than anyone that we've gotten, and are getting, as much Gravity Rush as we are. It might be my favorite game/new series of the past decade; certainly top three, if not number one.
I just know I've seen plenty of extra copies of the remaster at local stores and whatnot, so the idea of it being "rare" seems odd. Must be a really sudden, recent thing, due to whatever hype the second game is finally building up. High demand (and thus, high prices) isn't necessarily the result of "rarity" anyway. Some of the more expensive games on older consoles are proof enough of that.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:35 pm

OL wrote:
I just know I've seen plenty of extra copies of the remaster at local stores and whatnot, so the idea of it being "rare" seems odd.

I thought it was exclusive to Amazon? I've never seen it in stores other than a used copy at Gamestop last year with no case. I know it was OOS a few times right after release, which means the print run wasn't that high. They may have even reprinted it once or twice I'm not sure. Hopefully the demand dies down. I mean it was selling a few weeks ago for $35 lol. No way in hell I'll pay what its going for now.

If you have seen a copy, snatch it up and help a brotha out! :)
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby OL » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Was it exclusive to Amazon? If so, it must have been used copies at Best Buy or Walmart or something.
I always hate that, how those companies repackage their used games to look new. Misleading if you're not looking closely at the label.
If I see another, I'll keep you in mind. ;-)

Anyway, it just occurred to me that this is the first time in a long damn while that the grand majority of the games I've been looking forward to are Japanese.
Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Persona 5, Berserk, Nier: Atomata, and recently The Last Guardian, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, Final Fantasy XV, and Wild Guns Reloaded.
Only western ones I'm really excited for (that are releasing any time soon) right now are Styx: Shards of Darkness and maaaaaybe the physical release of the new Hitman. Some stuff at the end of the past year too (Dishonored 2 chief among them, though I still haven't finished it), but the Japanese ones far outweigh everything else. Been a while since that last happened. Maybe a good sign.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:01 pm

OL wrote: What exactly am I taking for granted? I'm probably happier than anyone that we've gotten, and are getting, as much Gravity Rush as we are. It might be my favorite game/new series of the past decade; certainly top three, if not number one.

Im just saying dont take it for gratned we got a physical release of this game, I feel like many gamers took this release for granted and didnt realize how hard the Twitter push was to get the Physical version (some of my buddies on other forums were part of it and kept me up to speed about it), people just saw it listed on amazon and thought same old same old, when we actually got extremely lucky with the physical version of Gravity Rush Remastered, probably only because it was a Sony first party game with sony recognizing the buzz on twitter and like I said it was originally announced as digital only so its no surprise this thing is this rare and expensive now taking everything into consideration. GameStop doesnt even have used copies on their website.

And yes GRR Physical was an Amazon exclusive. Also Raithos there are Hong Kong versions of the game that are in English on ebay for around $40 or $50, thats going to be your best bet I would think.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:37 pm

phpBB [video]
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Man, I'm late as hell on all the news lately.
Ys Origin out on PS4 and Vita next month.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/ ... y-21-2017/
Digital only so far, but whatever. I'd like to have it physically, but at least now I can play it. I have it on Steam, but it's just hard for me to play such console-y games like this on PC. I'll download it first day.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming