Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Calshot » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:51 am

OL wrote:
It's not a problem at all, except that I was expecting to get GR first, so that whenever Yakuza showed up it'd be a "Sorry Yakuza, let me finish Gravity Rush first" kind of deal.
But now I'm going to have both in front of me at the same time... and now I don't know which to play first.

My life is so hard. I think I'll just kill myself to avoid all this difficult decision making.

"Sorry sweet embrace of death, let me finish Gravity Rush first."

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Monkei » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:28 am

Maybe Yakuza first? There's another Yakuza coming out this year, and the more games you play inbetween, the better. Who knows when they'll make another Gravity Rush. No need to.. rush it?

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Thief wrote: Image

Raithos has received 3 thanks from: Monkei, OL, Sonikku
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Good Christ, this trailer is sexy.

phpBB [video]

I suck at classic-style fighting games. It's a genre I want so much to love, because the aesthetics are always so great, because I love watching other people play, and because I can appreciate the effort put into mechanics and balance and all that... but I'm just never any good at them myself. Because of that, I usually don't get around to buying many of them at all (though I do occasionally get odd impulses to bust out some old Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting, and try for a few days to build up some skill, usually to no avail).
But man, I'm so tempted by Tekken 7. Not just because this trailer is amazing; I looked up more gameplay, and I do indeed love how it all looks otherwise. Plus, I used to play Tekken 1 and 2 on the PS1 all the time, so I am nostalgic for the series, and somehow seeing all this drama built up around Kazuya and Heihachi has got my blood boiling with excitement.
I dunno. Maybe if they have some kind of worthwhile training mode included, I'll be able to get into it more. I really want to.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

^ That's why I like Dead or Alive - you can look good by pressing punch-punch-punch-kick and timing one or two counter moves right. At least when playing with your offline friends. Online I still get torn to shreds, but that goes for most games I guess.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:30 pm

I love sleeping dogs but the definitive edition on PS4 is such a shit port, the amount of bugs I've encountered while playing it is ridiculous.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:53 pm

^^I got and started playing that a while ago, but just couldn't enjoy myself. I don't think it was because of it being a bad port though; don't really remember any bugs.
It was just that the driving is so bad. Good god, just... just the worst driving ever. Wanted to dig it otherwise, but the driving is thrust upon you constantly.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Fuck yes, after I posted the trailer not too long ago, it seems Sony has announced Malicious Fallen for western release now.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/ ... bruary-21/
Next month, no less.
And, given a few extra details, it seems it's not only a sequel, but also a full remaster of all the content from the PS3 and Vita versions of Malicious as well. Been playing the Vita version here and there lately, and I love it.
Really looking forward to this one.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:43 pm

OL wrote: Good Christ, this trailer is sexy.

phpBB [video]

I suck at classic-style fighting games. It's a genre I want so much to love, because the aesthetics are always so great, because I love watching other people play, and because I can appreciate the effort put into mechanics and balance and all that... but I'm just never any good at them myself. Because of that, I usually don't get around to buying many of them at all (though I do occasionally get odd impulses to bust out some old Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting, and try for a few days to build up some skill, usually to no avail).
But man, I'm so tempted by Tekken 7. Not just because this trailer is amazing; I looked up more gameplay, and I do indeed love how it all looks otherwise. Plus, I used to play Tekken 1 and 2 on the PS1 all the time, so I am nostalgic for the series, and somehow seeing all this drama built up around Kazuya and Heihachi has got my blood boiling with excitement.
I dunno. Maybe if they have some kind of worthwhile training mode included, I'll be able to get into it more. I really want to.

Weird. I always found Tekken one of the easiest to pick up and play especially when put against the complication of Street Fighter (I'm pretty decent at SF2 though, which is definitely my favourite, the ones after that just get too tied up with complicated technical combos). I've always been a Tekken head since the PS1 days as a kid but could never master Street Fighter. Virtua Fighter wasn't in many arcades back in the 90s but I always played it whenever I went to my local seaside areas (was normally Virtua Fighter 2). I frequently saw Tekken 3 cabinets and played on them (of course I played all three Tekken games on the PS1 back then too and continued playing them since then). I'm mainly a Jack or Lee Chaolan player but like to change it up with Forest Law/Marshall Law (Bruce Lee) and Baek Doo San every so often.

With regards to Dead Or Alive, I always felt that the series peaked with 2 and 3 and went downhill after them. I did try playing 5 but couldn't get into it in the same way I can with Tekken or Virtua Fighter.

When I went to Kyoto last year it was great getting to finally play Tekken 7 and Time Crisis 5 in the arcades over there. Namco has still got it, for sure. Legendary arcade developer forever. They've never lost that lustre and 7 looks great. Definite buy when it releases.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Monkei » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:33 pm

OL wrote: Fuck yes, after I posted the trailer not too long ago, it seems Sony has announced Malicious Fallen for western release now.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/ ... bruary-21/
Next month, no less.
And, given a few extra details, it seems it's not only a sequel, but also a full remaster of all the content from the PS3 and Vita versions of Malicious as well. Been playing the Vita version here and there lately, and I love it.
Really looking forward to this one.

What's Malicious Fallen?
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:48 pm

Man this month was packed with games I wanted... bad. And when will I actually get them? Who knows, but not any time soon. I need to catch up on what I own already and need to catch up on (Tales of Zesteria, Valkyria Chronicles Remasterd, and if I can squeeze in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 that would be great). I really wanted to buy Dragon Quest VIII on DS, Gravity Rush 2, Tales of Berseria, Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 but lets face it, I take alot longer to get through games these days (and especially last year when I was hospital and bed bound and could barely move much less put effort into games alot of the time but I played when I could). So its basically just when ever I get to them.

Also small rant, im kind of frustrated with Square for making the Kingdom Hearts story line so convoluted, and having so much mandatory story material even in the spin offs and over so many games, and STILL taken over 10 years to release Kingdom Hearts 3. Think they could have done a better job with this I feel or ya know just made KH 3 4 5 and 6 by now instead.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:45 am

Monkei wrote:What's Malicious Fallen?

The original Malicious was a digital-only title on PS3 that plays out like... sort of a big, stylish boss run. It only has a few levels, but each one essentially centers around a boss right from the start, with a variety of soldiers and other enemies attacking at the same time. It's all about taking out smaller enemies to build up power, then using that power to unleash stronger attacks against the bosses. Pretty simple stuff, but it's all wrapped up with some really beautiful aesthetics and whatnot, and the action can get surprisingly intense.
It was then ported to the Vita as Malicious Rebirth, which had all the content of the original, plus an entirely new episode full of new bosses, and the ability to play as a female avatar along with the original male one. That's the one I'm currently playing off and on, a boss here, a boss there.
So now Malicious Fallen seems like it's going to include all of the content from the previous ones upgraded onto the PS4, with yet another new episode worth of content, new abilities, all that jazz. Sort of a sequel, but also an "ultimate" edition of all the stuff they did before.
May as well just watch the trailer.

phpBB [video]
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:01 am

Uhh I fucked up.. lol Image

Axm has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Sonikku
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Himuro » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 am

Can't wait to go in the trenches Tekken 7. Comes out right before EVO too. As much as I love SFV, season 2 is proving to be wtf so I need a new fighter and T7 looks so fucking amazing that I think it's going to be my pick. About time it's out on consoles too. Been out in arcades in Japan since 2014 or some thing? Jesus Christ. Gonna have to get a new local fighting game scene because my old place closed and I know those dudes are going to be jamming out dat Tekken. I've never gotten deep with Tekken but people say it's either too complicated and you need a college degree in Tekken Philosophy to understand its frames and then others say it's more simple than other fighters but with a deep well of depth. So I'm looking forward to it a lot.

I forgot how HYPE Tekken 7 is. I cannot wait for this game.

phpBB [video]
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Raithos » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:38 am

Axm wrote: Uhh I fucked up.. lol Image

What do you think of the pro so far? I've been contemplating getting it. Might try and and sell my Destiny CUH-1200 model for around $200-ish. Take out the 2TB and slap a 1TB in it before selling it though. Was hoping for a decent trade incentive at Gamestop but never saw one.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming