Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:20 pm

I will play that eventually, in about 5 years, since there isn't a single Switch game outside of BoTW that i have any desire to play. I can't justify buying a console just to play a single game.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bambi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Peter wrote: I will play that eventually, in about 5 years, since there isn't a single Switch game outside of BoTW that i have any desire to play. I can't justify buying a console just to play a single game.

I've heard it's very playable with on cemu with a decent PC.

Not that I'm advocating piracy, if you play a game you should always own it.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Not bad. Not bad. Think i will check it out.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:37 pm

I like the idea of emulating Breath of The Wild because it gives me hope of playing the game with a stable 60fps.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:30 pm

http://www.screamingvillains.com/
phpBB [video]

Night Trap, the game that is one of the main reasons for the creation of the ESRB is going to be released on the PS4 and XBox One, with a PC version also being hinted at.

Ash has received a thanks from: Mr357
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonikku » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:52 pm

Sonikku has received 3 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, FlagshipFighter, KiBa
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:37 am

Leaving now to go pick up this Horizon Zero Dawn. Apparently it's a good game...

Peter has received a thanks from: KiBa
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 am

Persona 5 is boring me so I've stopped playing it.

I got Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap remake and it's totally the bees knees and I cannot gush enough. I had never had the opportunity to play this one. I've only played Wonder Boy 1, and Wonder Boy in Monster World. I'm a fan of the series but haven't been able to play them all and had been anticipating this one. It's really fantastic and I highly recommend it.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:02 pm

Peter wrote: Leaving now to go pick up this Horizon Zero Dawn. Apparently it's a good game...

Know what I loved about buying this game, is that I walked in and seen that the retail price for this was £49.99, but the amount of preowned copies was firstly ridiculous, but even more ridiculous was the fact that they were charging £45.99 for a PREOWNED copy.
I didn't even lift a case off of the shelf of my local GAME store, I walked up to the counter and asked for a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn. The guy said sure, walked over, and began flicking through the drawer... Ya know where they take out the game disc and a manual of a PREOWNED copy. I filled with anger watching him do so, and when he came back to me I just stared into his eyes and with venom, I said, "I don't think so, I want a new copy". His reply was, "oh you don't want a preowned copy sir? It's 4 quid cheaper. Could get you a pint mate"

I just lost it. I said firstly sonny Jim, I don't drink. Second, I want my money to go to the people that actually make the game, and not you who have already sold a copy and are looking to completely rip off the developers by peddling preowned games at almost full price!

His look of disgust was priceless, I think he was the manager too but I didn't give a shit. He sulked out the back door, one of them doors with a key code, and got me a sealed new copy. I understand it's getting harder for game stores to stay in business, but the preowned culture is disgusting. I always buy games new, to make sure my money goes to the people that actually made the thing.

Peter has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Mr357, Raithos
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Mr357 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Peter wrote:
Know what I loved about buying this game, is that I walked in and seen that the retail price for this was £49.99, but the amount of preowned copies was firstly ridiculous, but even more ridiculous was the fact that they were charging £45.99 for a PREOWNED copy.
I didn't even lift a case off of the shelf of my local GAME store, I walked up to the counter and asked for a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn. The guy said sure, walked over, and began flicking through the drawer... Ya know where they take out the game disc and a manual of a PREOWNED copy. I filled with anger watching him do so, and when he came back to me I just stared into his eyes and with venom, I said, "I don't think so, I want a new copy". His reply was, "oh you don't want a preowned copy sir? It's 4 quid cheaper. Could get you a pint mate"

I just lost it. I said firstly sonny Jim, I don't drink. Second, I want my money to go to the people that actually make the game, and not you who have already sold a copy and are looking to completely rip off the developers by peddling preowned games at almost full price!

His look of disgust was priceless, I think he was the manager too but I didn't give a shit. He sulked out the back door, one of them doors with a key code, and got me a sealed new copy. I understand it's getting harder for game stores to stay in business, but the preowned culture is disgusting. I always buy games new, to make sure my money goes to the people that actually made the thing.

phpBB [video]

Mr357 has received a thanks from: Raithos
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sokora » Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 am

Peter wrote:
Peter wrote: Leaving now to go pick up this Horizon Zero Dawn. Apparently it's a good game...

What d'you make of it? Enjoying it thus far?
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Raithos » Thu May 04, 2017 8:52 am

Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Thu May 04, 2017 4:52 pm

I played The Silver Case today for about three hours and was pretty disappointed. The gameplay is incredibly sparce, I thought this game was more like an adventure game and less like a visual novel... and I was wrong. The little gameplay I did get was needlessly complicated, and the puzzles were boring and unintuitive. The dialogue is pretty bad and the game just jumps around all over the place—I have little idea what's going on half the time, other than there's a serial killer and we have to go find him. I don't think I'll finish the game, honestly. Oh well.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 07, 2017 11:36 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/04/on ... um=twitter
phpBB [video]

This game may as well be the successor to Bushido Blade. Just in 2D. Awesome art style.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Himuro » Mon May 08, 2017 3:09 am

Thief wrote: I played The Silver Case today for about three hours and was pretty disappointed. The gameplay is incredibly sparce, I thought this game was more like an adventure game and less like a visual novel... and I was wrong. The little gameplay I did get was needlessly complicated, and the puzzles were boring and unintuitive. The dialogue is pretty bad and the game just jumps around all over the place—I have little idea what's going on half the time, other than there's a serial killer and we have to go find him. I don't think I'll finish the game, honestly. Oh well.

Feel the same way. I kind of think it sucks.

Was gifted steam version at launch.

Would love Killer 7 HD.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming