Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Axm » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 am

Wow. Just went through the first few hours of Horizon Zero Dawn and its freakin great. Its Witcher 3 meets Rise of the Tomb Raider meets Far Cry meets its own very original and compelling story. In love.

Axm has received 3 thanks from: Coromasta, Monkei, Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Monkei » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:24 am

Some current metacritic.com average scores:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 98
Nier: Automata - 93
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 88
Nioh - 87
Night in the Woods - 87

Pretty cool to be a gamer right now. Especially one with a PS4.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Coromasta » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:14 am

Axm wrote: Its Witcher 3 meets Rise of the Tomb Raider meets Far Cry meets its own very original and compelling story. In love.

Couldn't have said it any better.
I'm 10 hours in and around every 10 min I find another breath taking scenery and popping up photomode.

I'm gonna wait talking about the machines cuz of spoilers but they are crafted with alot of passion.

Fun fact: guerilla games is located in holland and so am I, last monday the biggest news network of the country made an item regarding horizon. They showed us how they developed and designed the machines really cool.
Link:

Coromasta has received a thanks from: Axm
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Raithos » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:19 pm

Spike Chunsoft is releasing a new Fire Pro Wrestling for PS4/PC. I haven't played one since Fire Pro Wrestling D on Dreamcast.

phpBB [video]
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby sand4fish » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:25 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Raithos
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Raithos » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:17 pm

My new coffee mug :D

Raithos has received a thanks from: Mr357
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Axm » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Horizon continues to impress me on so many levels. I didn't expect to like this game so much. I kept myself in the dark abit about this game and thought it would be more of a light hearted throw away action game to pass the time until Persona 5. In reality this could be my GOTY in running with RE7.

It's really more of an RPG than I thought. Really alot more Witcher 3/Dragon Age than Tomb Raider/Far Cry.

Well its really all of those things but just so much more RPG elements that make it a really addicting game to play. It's one of those "just gonna do one more thing before I stop playing... oops I did 10 more things.." kind of game.

And wow the voice acting, the facial expressions, that lighting, the huge open world, the fun satisfying combat, the story! All top tier. This is easily one of the best if not THE best PS4 exclusive game. An absolute powerhouse show case of this gen.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby sand4fish » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:29 am

Axm wrote: Horizon continues to impress me on so many levels. I didn't expect to like this game so much. I kept myself in the dark abit about this game and thought it would be more of a light hearted throw away action game to pass the time until Persona 5. In reality this could be my GOTY in running with RE7.

It's really more of an RPG than I thought. Really alot more Witcher 3/Dragon Age than Tomb Raider/Far Cry.

Well its really all of those things but just so much more RPG elements that make it a really addicting game to play. It's one of those "just gonna do one more thing before I stop playing... oops I did 10 more things.." kind of game.

And wow the voice acting, the facial expressions, that lighting, the huge open world, the fun satisfying combat, the story! All top tier. This is easily one of the best if not THE best PS4 exclusive game. An absolute powerhouse show case of this gen.

I played it for a while over a friend's house and it pleased me from what I've seen so far. What I liked most about it is not the combat, but the dialogue tree which renders a better immersion with the game as you get to choose what stance Alloy takes in with her world, and the decision of life or death over her enemies a la Mortal Kombat. More games could use that. All said and done, there are just too many solid titles coming out one after another in these past few months alone and not enough free time to play them all, so I had to choose between Horizon or Zelda for now, decisively picking the latter thanks to the opinions of a few members here. I didn't get to finish either Nioh or RE7 yet and Automata is coming out in a few days too, with that one being a definitive lock for me. I just can't keep up with the pace the industry is pumping up solid title after title. I'm really surprised that there are people out there saying the gaming industry is growing old and boring.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Axm
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby redline » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:43 pm

phpBB [video]

:lol:
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:59 pm

Man if you figure the Switch, the pro controller, the controller charger, a bigger memory card (because 32gb isn't enough, sorry) and $60-100 for Zelda, you're looking at over half a grand for just a damn game. :shock: We're not even talking DLC pack or Amiibo or the new artifacts book. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Raithos wrote: My new coffee mug :D

Jesus christ I swear that said "Fetus Flask" at first glance. :shock:

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:51 pm

I thought Horizon looked pretty lame by the footage from E3 but after looking at the dialogue system (reminds me greatly of Mass Effect) and hearing how good the story is I really feel the need to try the game out. Then I saw an email from Amazon saying Zelda is on the way (Wii U edition) and then realised Persona 5 is out early next month, needless to say I am knee deep in Nier: Automata and finishing Yakuza 0 off soon... There's not enough time for all these games, dammit.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby sand4fish » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:01 am

"I'm also working on a story about a high school girl detective who uses the imagination (fantasising) energy from masturbating to help her solve murders. But all the publishers keep telling me 'There's no way we could put out such a perverted game!'...I wish someone would let me make it."

- Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro, writer and director of Deadly Premonition

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: redline, south carmain
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:29 pm

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Mr357, redline
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby south carmain » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 am

sand4fish wrote: Image

"I'm also working on a story about a high school girl detective who uses the imagination (fantasising) energy from masturbating to help her solve murders. But all the publishers keep telling me 'There's no way we could put out such a perverted game!'...I wish someone would let me make it."

- Hidetaka "Swery" Suehiro, writer and director of Deadly Premonition

Never change Japan :lol:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming