Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:13 am

I'll be buying a PS4 when they release a 1TB model.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Locke_cole » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:45 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: I'll be buying a PS4 when they release a 1TB model.

Unlike the xbox one, the Ps4 is super easy to put whatever harddrive you want in it.
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:54 am

Locke_cole wrote:

Unlike the xbox one, the Ps4 is super easy to put whatever harddrive you want in it.

I realise that. The newer model will be more power efficient, and hopefully would of fixed the problem the first batch had with the HDMI port coming loose. Apparently there'll be a stronger Wi-Fi antenna, too..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Locke_cole wrote:

I realise that. The newer model will be more power efficient, and hopefully would of fixed the problem the first batch had with the HDMI port coming loose. Apparently there'll be a stronger Wi-Fi antenna, too..

Ya I will also spring for a new model when they make improvements.
Every once in a while, like once a month, I get the disc eject issue. I have to open the slide cover, adjust the screw and or keep it standing vertical. I think it's just an issue with some of the launch units.
Also ya, the storage. Although SSD's keep getting cheaper every month. Eventually ill go 1TB Solid State.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby myshtuff » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Just downloaded Unity and started their programming tutorials. On my way to making my first game. Woo!

myshtuff has received a thanks from: OL
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:24 pm

This isn't one that anybody will get overly excited about, but I'm weirdly really looking forward to this little game.

phpBB [video]

Maybe it's not particularly original; it's basically a Rune Factory-style game.
But I think it's the overall style of it that sets it apart. Popolocrois has been a franchise since... I wanna say the mid-to late-80s? And the art style and design work really hasn't changed or been "updated" since then. It remains a complete and utter reflection of the time it original came from. This was what kids' comics and anime looked like back then. So it's not quite the pedo-bait junk you see in so many anime-styled games and anime properties nowadays. Instead of making me gag, it gives me a weird nostalgic feeling, like this is the kind of thing I would have loved when I was about 8 or 9.
Been meaning to play the PSP version one of these days; I remember Jokatech hating it, but that's because he was approaching it as an adult, complaining that it was "talking down to him." I like Joka, but I gotta say, it's kind of obvious the game was intended for kids. Either way, it's the kind of thing I might have a lot of fun with, even at the ripe old age of 30, so I may give the PSP game a spin sometime soon.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:10 am

Square Enix was the best E3 game conference outside of Sony's, I reckon, thanks in large part to this:

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Thief » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:00 am

^ I just ordered the original Nier. I had always meant to play the game and now seemed like the perfect time.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:22 am

All this rekindled Shenmue talk makes me wanna play it again.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Rakim
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Rakim » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:58 am

Me too man. I just wish those SEGA cunts would put it up on the PSN/Live Arcade/etc already so I don't have to buy a Dreamcast just for one game.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:48 am

Its funny that I am so the exact opposite. I went the entire PS3 gen with the 40 gig hard drive with no problems. Currently the 500GB drive in my PS4 is way more space than ill ever need. Biggest plus this time around is I probably wont have to uninstall my games to make space for new ones, i bet I dont even use 200 gigs on it by the end.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:12 am

Kenny wrote: All this rekindled Shenmue talk makes me wanna play it again.

I'm holding out for the HR re-release. If it get's to about summer 2017 and SEGA still haven't done anything I'll play the originals to brush up on the series.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:19 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:

Its funny that I am so the exact opposite. I went the entire PS3 gen with the 40 gig hard drive with no problems. Currently the 500GB drive in my PS4 is way more space than ill ever need. Biggest plus this time around is I probably wont have to uninstall my games to make space for new ones, i bet I dont even use 200 gigs on it by the end.

Main problem I foresee is running out of space since I don't buy discs.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Locke_cole » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:50 pm

Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:09 pm

I am trying to figure out what to play next. The last game I played was Final Fantasy Type-0, and I spent a good 30 hours playing that, but I never finished it. I put that game down a few months ago, while it was fun and battles really had me sucked in for a time, the characters and story werent quite there enough to really engross me into playing the rest of the game like many Final Fantasy of the past. Im trying to convince myself to move on to another game right now, although I had kind of been planning to continue Type-0 at some point, and im kind of on the fence.

Right now I feel like maybe I should go back and play some PS3 games that I never got around to finishing. I wouldnt mind giving Nier the proper play through it deserves, since I never finished that game but was really enjoying what I played. Uncharted 3 is also another game (that I need to buy first, actually) I never got around to playing and I need to experience that story sometime before the 4th game comes out. Maybe I need to knock out a few of these games soon, I have alot I could potentially play, I never finished Tales of Xillia 2, or Fairy Fencer F, the Kingdom Hearts HD games (which ill probably save for a KH marathon or something some time down the line), there is FFX HD collection I never finished. My back log goes on... what should I play next? I think im gonna narrow it down to trying to continue Type-0, nier, or buy and start uncharted 3. All those other games are more on the back burner or a series with too many games to play at once right now (KH and FFX). Hmmm.....
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming