Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 pm

From the reviews I've read people complained CD is hard and old school. Not sure what they expected?

The new dash is really slick and not a cluster fuck the 360 one can be at times. And using Kinect to scan codes is a massive plus. Takes less than a second to scan it.

Installing games seems to take a while so its a good thing you can start playing at a certain %. Read Ryse takes 2 hours to fully install.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Not that surprised reviewers are crapping on Crimson Dragon, then. Yeah Ryse is a big game. No doubt Microsoft will release patches down the line to improve system performance/download. How's the voice recognition on Kinect? Was the queue waiting for it big?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Only tried a few commands but it worked perfectly. You just have to say the full thing, example being ''Xbox play Ryse son of Rome'' rather than just ''Xbox play Ryse''.

Console came by post and when I went to get the games a few people were in but I heard one member of staff mention to another how they hadn't seen them all day to which the other replied because they have been so busy.

The pad feels different but just as nice as the old one.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:45 pm

I want to get a gaming PC but with all this talk of Shenmue possibly going to be a PS4 exclusive I'm not sure if I should keep the money and get a PS4 if it's announced instead.

ah well, even if it's announced it probably won't be released for another year or so so might as well just get the PC
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:30 pm

This is the first Crimson Dragon review I happened upon:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... gon-review
...and I only had to read the very first line to be able to tell I shouldn't take it seriously.
"You couldn't tell from its unappealing looks, but Crimson Dragon's heritage is sublime."
Unappealing looks. Yeah, okay.
:lol:
Behold the apparent ugliness.

OL has received a thanks from: Who Really Cares?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:55 pm

I'll be buying that after my next pay or once I've finished my Christmas shopping.
Lococycle also looks fun and not sure if I'm going to wait for story mode before getting Killer Instinct.

Really hope they sort the install times out sooner than later.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:12 pm

Well, with crap like this:

I can't say that I am looking forward to a "digital future" with gaming. Such a future will only benefit the greedy publishers. At least I will be able to get games on the Wii U at decent prices and even Microsoft are releasing the likes of Crimson Dragon for £20-£30, so why the fuck are Sony/EA/Activision being so damned greedy?

And looking at prices in GAME, the PS4 games were going for £59.99 each new! That's an extra £10 over new releases from last gen! £53 = $85, or if you look at the most expensive game on there, FIFA 13, that'd be over $100 when converted. Good job I am not a footy fan.
Shit like that was why I was totally against Microsoft (and Sony) stopping used game sales/rentals from happening. Gaming would become far too expensive to be a part of with nonsense like that.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Forza 5 costs £45 off the store and Ghosts £55.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm more pro-digital than I was in the past, but at those prices I'm still cautious of buying full day one games incase I finish them in a week and didn't really enjoy the game. Batman..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:53 pm

Ordered a game on ebay that I thought was going to be used and it arrived sealed and brand new. #winning

Rakim has received a thanks from: Kenny
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:54 pm

Got my XBOne last night and have been playing all day. Impressions coming soon. So far love it.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby ShenmueTree » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 pm

So Microsoft has sold 1 Million consoles day one, world wide.
Sony has sold 1 Million consoles day one, in NA alone.

While I think that Sony clearly won the day one game, it's obvious the biggest winner is the console industry as a whole. It's apparent that people don't just want mobile games, they want a space to game and that is their living room.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Yeah last gen was sluggish at time, so the mobile ppl payed some press to talk shit about the console industry. Fools, they dont realize this is where gaming started, their mobile crap is for down time on the go and nothing more. Guess thats why I never got into it, not much of a fan of the pick-up-put-down style that the tablet and phone games seem to have mastered.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:52 am

south carmain wrote: I want to get a gaming PC but with all this talk of Shenmue possibly going to be a PS4 exclusive I'm not sure if I should keep the money and get a PS4 if it's announced instead.

ah well, even if it's announced it probably won't be released for another year or so so might as well just get the PC

Do it man. I want Shenmue 3 as much as the next guy, but don't let a small possibility stop you from getting a PC. by the time it does release, if ever, the PS4 would surely have gotten a price drop/hardware revision by then. That's what I'm waiting for before I buy one. But without that exclusive I won't. No sense in playing multi-platform games on slower hardware if you don't have to. Please don't take that as console bashing, I'm just being honest. I love my consoles too
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:34 am

ShenmueTree wrote: So Microsoft has sold 1 Million consoles day one, world wide.
Sony has sold 1 Million consoles day one, in NA alone.

While I think that Sony clearly won the day one game, it's obvious the biggest winner is the console industry as a whole. It's apparent that people don't just want mobile games, they want a space to game and that is their living room.

Nice to see someone not being caught up in 'console war' BS.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming