Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:14 pm

ImageImage

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Rakim
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Rakim » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:13 pm

I wish that Outside "game" had the same rules as others. I always have fantasies of being able rummage through all the shit in other people's houses with no consequence like Ryo.

If the world turned into I Am Legend that would be my main hobby.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:14 am

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenob ... sive/98535

phpBB [video]

this is a pretty fucked up situation. smh, gamestop has hit a new low. So you are telling me, randomly, out of no were they have used copies of Xenoblade in stock, and they are $90 used? Not even gamestop would have ever done that a few years ago... buy yeah opening new copies to sell them used at a jacked up price, just because they distributed all the original copies and they are going for crazy amounts on ebay so they want in on the deal, so they reprinted more copies and opened them all to sell them used for $90. Thoughts on this?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:19 am

They've been doing it for a while actually, they tried it with SMT3 Nocturne. Its pretty fucked up man. Thats part of why I think Digital+Physical is a good idea, you can avoid situations like this.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:27 am

Really pisses you off because if they were to sell them new, they would actually be supporting Monolith to help development of X. How the hell can they do this? I guess if they own the distribution rights... but its still nintendos game and dont they have the right to step in in this situation, and stop this madness?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 am

Nah, its like the guy says, once the copies are open the MSRP doesn't apply, they're buying the copies off a company that got the go ahead from nintenodo.

if the distributor were allowed to sell to other stores this wouldn't be a problem like with SMT3 it was 70$ at Gamestop and 30$ at Play and trade, so it didn't last long.

This is all a real bad situation, I hope nintendo does something about it, shit they should go the extra mile to provide copies and spin it as a reason to buy a wiiu (backwards compatibility an all that)

Also, fuck gamestop

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:50 am

They did this with Mario DDR and one PS2 game but don't remember what when i was there. Gamestop just sucks so meh. There is a mile long laundry list of what's wrong with Gamestop and most of it is from the employment side. Like Segata said it will end up at PnT for 30$ used or something. I have seen the LE TLS there for 20$ once.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:00 am

I got seven quid for it from CeX -_-
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Sonikku » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Nintendo should have been pushing hard as all hell to make the game a major release in the States. It's not like the Wii was just bursting at the seams with must have content in that last year or two after all the Nintendo front runners got their big releases. Instead they grudgingly give an extremely narrow release to one B and M retailer after a huge fan campaign. I don't so much blame Gamestop. Gamestop is a business just doing what businesses with no competition on this front do. Price gouge. Expecting reasonable accommodations from a business with no competition for a popular title is like expecting compassion from a sociopath.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:48 pm

phpBB [video]

:rotflmao:

Also used to have that shirt the clerk is wearing. Video isn't even exaggerating. They go down by the minute which is why I don;t get why people pay 60$ for a sports game. I recently bought a couple for 2$
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:20 pm

Dammit all. I just don't think I can justify spending 150 bucks on the LE for Armored Core: Verdict Day. Been mulling it over for weeks now. I'd love to get it (there's never been an LE for the series outside of Japan, so it really is a cool opportunity), but for the content included, I just don't understand why an extra 100 dollars had to be tacked on to the price. I mean, the regular edition is only going to be 50 when it comes out. I don't care how nice the little action figure that comes with the LE might be, there's just no reason to add 100 bucks to the price for that, a selected soundtrack, and a short artbook, especially when the LE's for games like Ni No Kuni and Xillia had similar extras and were only 40 bucks more than the regular editions.
Fucking hell. I'd love to support the Armored Core series as much as possible, but unfortunately this is just a bit too much.

Still getting the regular edition at launch regardless.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

Been on a Tekken binge. I've gotten to the point where i'm watching vids of Anakin and JDCR (two of the best Tekken players in the world) to see how they play their Jin Kazamas. Turns out there are a couple of new things about that character I didn't know about.

I just about gotten Lili down and now moving on to Alisa.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:40 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Nah, its like the guy says, once the copies are open the MSRP doesn't apply, they're buying the copies off a company that got the go ahead from nintenodo.

if the distributor were allowed to sell to other stores this wouldn't be a problem like with SMT3 it was 70$ at Gamestop and 30$ at Play and trade, so it didn't last long.

This is all a real bad situation, I hope nintendo does something about it, shit they should go the extra mile to provide copies and spin it as a reason to buy a wiiu (backwards compatibility an all that)

Also, fuck gamestop

But if they are just opening new copies, isnt that basically stealing from nintendo/game industry itself? I am sure nintendo would see some kind of money if they scanned it in normally like a new game for msrp and not the stupid GameStop sku. Why Would nintendo agree to something like that?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 am

No, they've already bought the copies, they can do whatever they want with them in terms of the physical object. Kind of like how when Deus Ex 3 came out, they had employees remove the voucher for the onlive version in the physical copies.

Even with the MSRP Nintendo wouldn't have a lot of options, and if they agreed to a certain run they can't tell the company making them to stop.

Basically theres little Nintendo can do about it which is kind of funny considering. I mean they go after people for really dumb things like lets plays and streaming but this is a big issue and they're looking powerless.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:02 am

Nintendo quickly dropped the ads on Youtube. This really us GS issue. Retail does not just get games for no reason, they have to order them in.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming