fave video game characters (3 per post)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

fave video game characters (3 per post)

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Dogi from the Ys series
I just like him as he is the brute but also a gentle guy. Also teases the living hell out of Adol for being so pure. There is no wall or even mountain safe from him crushing. Not even a sword through the chest stopped him.

Mega Man
A great 80's styled anime character and blue blows up robots and could challenge Samus to a fight. I think he's a cooler version of Astro Boy even if maybe Astro Boy is tougher.

Sonic (classic)
Classic Sonic is where it's at. I like Modern Sonic as well. I like Classic Sonic design better. I also love how she could show some tude without words. Tapping the foot,evil and and saying hey asshole MOVE IT pointing. Sega CD after 3 minutes says fuck it and leaves. He also had an innocence as well.

I love many video game characters but I gravitate towards the more simple era ones as tops. I can't list them all but these are the ones to games I play the most.
Last edited by Bluecast on Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Top 3 fave video game characters

Postby Retro Gamer » Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 pm

It is tough to pick 3, but I will go with Mario, Alucard from Castlevania: SOTN, and Sonic.
Retro Gamer
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri May 10, 2013 5:03 am

Those lists suck now watch me leave without leaving a list :P
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Rakim » Fri May 10, 2013 5:06 am

Wow Ryudo that is one overtly blue list.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri May 10, 2013 10:00 am

Me in FIFA 2013
Me in Football Manager 2012
Me in Oblivion

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Master Kyodai » Fri May 10, 2013 10:22 am

1. Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3 - best psycho ever

2. Bull from jagged Alliance 2 (Forget this!)

3. Dirk the daring from Dragon's Lair (ahhhhhhhhrghhh)

Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 10, 2013 11:21 am

Rakim wrote: Wow Ryudo that is one overtly blue list.

Just like my balls.
No really I have blue dodgeballs from the game bully 8-[
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Fri May 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Him, hard to choose but probably these three... I guess.

Banjo & Kazooie (I'll just make them a pair...)

April Ryan

Tron Bonne

Thief has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Taro Yamada from Rent a Hero:
I love everything about his design, I'm really into super sentai rangers, kamen raider and stuff like Karas so as a kid this was totally up my ally. Also just love the context he provides, he's a normal dude with a power suit that he has to pay off.

Kain Highwind:
I just love this guy, he's such a Ham. Theres no way to really know which of his actions were genuine, or were controlled by Golbez because he's got a mean streak, but is still a good guy for most of the game.

Kalas from Baten Kaitos:
The game starts with Kalas looting the dead bodies of a group of travelers, and then offering the survivor of the group a share of the plunder. Kalas is an insensitive, evil, conniving bastard, and he's also the main character of the game.

Runner up: The entire cast of FF6

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Henry Spencer
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 10, 2013 5:32 pm

^ No Fire Emblem or Phantasy Star? Kinda shocked.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Giorgio » Fri May 10, 2013 6:40 pm

1. Ryo Hazuki

2. Alex Kidd
(the one from Alex Kidd in Miracle World and only him)

3. Sonic
(Classic form, especially his appearances at Sonic the Hedgehog 1 (1991) & Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992), my memories of him has been formed from Sega Master System (8-bit)]
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri May 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Ryudo wrote:^ No Fire Emblem or Phantasy Star? Kinda shocked.
Too big of a pool, plus there'd be paragraphs and spoiler tags everywhere

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Hereby SPOILERS:

Caim from Drakengard. Looking at the guy from afar, you'd be tempted to think that he looks like just another JRPG pretty boy, but you couldn't be anymore wrong. He loses his voice due to his pact with the one creature he hates above all others: a dragon. And instead of initially being a guy who cherished those around him, he soon turns into a right psychopath who kills everything in a blind rage from knights, dragons and monsters to children and giant demon babies. His sister loved him too. A little too much. And in the sequel, he kills everything. Old men, villagers, knights, he doesn't discriminate. Kill, kill, kill. Even the Grim Reaper. That's right, his blade strikes one character so hard in the sequel that he kills "Death" himself in the process. I'm not lying. What a bad ass.

Dycedarg Beolve from Final Fantasy Tactics.
Just a glorious villain all around, he is evil to the very core and I've yet to come across a villain more repulsive than this guy. You hate the guy's guts and as one YouTube comment put it: "Dycedarg was a sneaking, conniving, backstabbing, intriguing, lying, selfish, murderous, treacherous, patricidal, fraticidal douchebag. And he's a jerk and I don't like him." (I know, pooling comments from YouTube? Blasphemy. But it's true.)

Garcian Smith from killer7. Such a marketing ploy by Suda, since Harman Smith isn't actually the main character, it's Garcian. And Garcian's story sure is fascinating. His style is very reminiscent of Sumio Mondo, Edo Macalister even mentions this at one point and their design is similar too - they are running from their past which by the end of the game they have to confront and "Kill the Past" to set themselves free from the chains that bind them in their life. Won't spoil it, but the ending is rather mindblowing. I generally really like the cast of killer7, but Garcian is the most interesting.

Runners Up (And tbh, I like these people just as much as the "top 3"):
The Four Snake characters from Metal Gear. Raiden also. FOXHOUND too (heck, the entirety of the cast from MGS1 & MGS2).
Francis York Morgan. What a character development.
Ash Riot. I mean, just look at that name! How couldn't he awesome with a name like that. He is the reinforcements. Probably my favourite protag in a 3D RPG ever.
Ramza Beolve. This guy, man, this guy practically does everything in Ivalice. He's everywhere. Meets everyone and defeats every foe (and there hasn't been an RPG with a cast of villains this large, that I've ever come across). He saves the world of Ivalice more times than any other protag in that saga. The guy is a walking death machine. Oh, and he has great character development - goes from rich nobility to living in the shadow of his brothers/father to self-righteous bigot to finally becoming his father's son and being unstoppable;
heck, even the Devil, the Church and a fake God couldn't stop this guy.

Goemon. All four of the playables are awesome.
Demi-Fiend.
He kills the Devil AND God. And reshapes the world as he sees fit. Beat that.

Sumio Mondo. Best Suda character next to Garcian. He names his car "Giggs" and his suitcase "Catherine". Fans of Deadly Premonition can probably see some resemblance here with his design, but Sumio came first and I like them both myself (as in these quirky detectives). His character development is vintage Suda and the guy is just really funny. Probably the funniest character I've seen in a video game, actually.

Okay, I'll stop there. Seriously though, top 3? Pffft, boring.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby QWERTY » Fri May 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Ninja from Metal Gear Solid

That first scene where you see the corridor with all the corpses strewn everywhere and it makes you think "Damn. What kind of badass motherfucker am I gonna face off against now?". Not a single ounce of disappointment is experienced when he makes his full entrance. Twin Snakes diluted the experience somewhat by showing him offing all the soldiers but that doesn't detract from his overall brilliant design.

The Licker from Resident Evil 2

Kinda similar reasoning to the above choice I guess and you'd argue that it's not really a character but that design coupled with that first experience will stick with me forever. I can remember playing Resident Evil 2 for the first time with a mate and we both shat ourselves when we saw that brief scuttle of the Licker across the window prior to your first encounter. We were both sucked in after that and completed the whole game in a very long afternoon.

Kilik from Soul Calibur

Back in the day when I would play fighting games I always liked to vary my character selection rather than stick to the tried and tested favourite. That all changed with Soul Calibur though. The guy is a straight-up G. While everyone else uses swords, nunchucks and shit this guy relies on a staff. A fucking staff. He's that badass.

Honourable mentions for:

Falcon from Power Stone
Han from Guardian Heroes
NiGHTS

QWERTY has received 4 thanks from: Axm, Henry Spencer, Mitsuzuki, Segata Sanshiro Jr.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 10, 2013 7:50 pm

^RE2 has the best monster design in the series. Birkin and his various forms, Mr. X (AKA the Tyrant who stalks you throughout), the Alligator. Just incredibly varied and excellent designs all around. But yeah, the Lickers really are horrendous creatures to look at, the most disgusting in the series. Makes you wonder what kind of f'd up person comes up with such designs? :/

Great choices though, QWERTY.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Next

Return to General Gaming