Bloodborne

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Bloodborne

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Somebody has leaked info and screens of a new game they are claiming is From Softwares next big release, for PS4. This must be Miyazaki's new project. It has to be, right?

This comes from /v/ so take it with a grain of salt...but it looks pretty damn legit.
And the main character is using a shotgun!?

he walked around

fought enemies

i can describe a giant mindflayer type enemy

a character placing a shining magic sword into a pedestal at the base of a statue

a huge pyromancy fireball

shotguns

there was text "This is a nightmare."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=812089

Bring on E3!

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Project Beast (New IP - From Software, Sony Japan)

Postby Luvly KM » Fri May 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Ha, nice gif.

As a fan-from-a-distance of Demon/Dark Souls, this is something of a clean slate i can be interested in.

With that being said, the Souls format i fear has been bled dry, hopefully this can bring something new...
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri May 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri May 30, 2014 1:08 pm

That's turning me right the hell on already. Clearly just another spin on their usual RPG style, but that ain't a bad thing. I can never get enough of it. And the art design once again looks top notch.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:18 pm

I guess this is it?

phpBB [video]

Loving the look of it so far. Can't wait to see more.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:17 pm

New screens and story:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/ ... w-details/

Insider view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtzLXg9AB0

I believe the crow things he's talking about are these

killthesagabeforeitkillsu has received a thanks from: OL
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Another leaked trailer and it looks ASTONISHING:

phpBB [video]

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Gorgeous. That last monster looks really Lovecraftian.
And despite the title being totally different, I have a hunch it's directly related to either Dark or Demon's Souls. There's one shot of a picture carved into stone that I'm so sure I've seen in one of the two games before. It'd be the most awesome thing in the world if this was based in the future of one of those game's worlds (which would explain the presence of guns). So often, fantasy worlds never end up showing any signs of progress as time goes on, so it'd be really interesting if that actually happens in this case.
I'll still obviously dig it if it's totally independent of the other games, I just think that'd be cool.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Steam Punk London, with zombie monsters and lots of gore and interesting looking game play? I think I may be interested in this game, that didnt look bad. Despite the fact that it has the dark and gritty that plagued E3 this year (not to mention gaming in general lately) but this title has a little something extra that im digging. Hopefully we can see more soon. A little more reason to look into getting that white PS4.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:43 am

OL wrote:Gorgeous. That last monster looks really Lovecraftian.
And despite the title being totally different, I have a hunch it's directly related to either Dark or Demon's Souls. There's one shot of a picture carved into stone that I'm so sure I've seen in one of the two games before. It'd be the most awesome thing in the world if this was based in the future of one of those game's worlds (which would explain the presence of guns). So often, fantasy worlds never end up showing any signs of progress as time goes on, so it'd be really interesting if that actually happens in this case.
I'll still obviously dig it if it's totally independent of the other games, I just think that'd be cool.

That's part of why I love Ivalice for its constant changes with each game which seemed to take place in different eras and forever changing world.

I agree it'd be cool if it gave some nods/throwbacks to the earlier games and I don't doubt they will do that. The trailer I just posted is actually of old footage from when they were supposedly originally going to show the game off at TGS last year, but never ended up happening. The latest footage they showed at E3 behind closed doors won all sorts of awards for "Best of E3" and supposedly looks amazing and got a BIG upgrade visually from that leaked trailer. From Software are supposedly going to both Gamescom and TGS, so we shall see supposed the big upgrade soon. Can't wait.

Miyazaki said something to the effect of this game is the big evolution of the gameplay as what Demon's Souls to King's Field was, so I imagine it'll play significantly differently from Souls.

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Steam Punk London, with zombie monsters and lots of gore and interesting looking game play? I think I may be interested in this game, that didnt look bad. Despite the fact that it has the dark and gritty that plagued E3 this year (not to mention gaming in general lately) but this title has a little something extra that im digging. Hopefully we can see more soon. A little more reason to look into getting that white PS4.

Dude how have you gone an entire generation without playing a Souls game yet? Just do it! Seriously, do it. Easily the best Japanese games developed on a home console on the PS3/360/Wii generation (next to Nier, for me personally). Anyone and everyone who likes RPGs should play them. I personally think it's sad that just me and Orange have played them on here. Souls is my favourite game series for last generation.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:22 am

Looks fantastic. I loved the previous games. Personally hope its more like Demons Souls then Dark Souls, but either way its great. And as an exclusive too we'll know its taking full advantage of the PS4.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:42 am

If its difficulty is on par with the souls series, i'll pass it up, I dont like crazy hard games, thats why I never even bothered with the souls series. This game looks less RPG and more action/adventure, kind of a variant of god of war combat with hopefully its own unique things going on. I'll wait for reviews on this one.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:56 am

Henry Spencer wrote:I personally think it's sad that just me and Orange have played them on here. Souls is my favorite game series for last generation.

I played Demon's Souls for weeks when it first launched, and loved it. But when I picked up Dark Souls I only played maybe 15 hours of it, for some reason I couldn't get into it. I always felt like it was missing something but couldn't put my finger on it. It just didn't have the same effect on me as Demon's did. I even re-bought it when it came out on steam several months later and maybe played about an hour of it so I never bothered with 2. This one definitely peaked my interest since the combat seems a bit quicker, and I'll need something for my PS4 when I get it.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:01 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:This game looks less RPG and more action/adventure, kind of a variant of god of war combat with hopefully its own unique things going on.

Haaaaaaaaaa, that's a good one.
Nah, the combat of the Souls games is nothing like GoW or any other stylish actioners. The action is much more methodical than you may think, typically stressing defense and tactics over flashy attacks. Don't let the chatter of difficulty put you off; it's a given that you'll die (a lot) in these games, but they're never cheap or unfair. The flow of the games is based entirely on learning and determining what the next course of action should be. When people say it's difficult, it isn't the same kind of difficulty you find in something like, say, Ninja Gaiden on Xbox, that sort of twitch-based, callous-developing, finger-aching type; in fact, I'd say "difficult" is probably the wrong word altogether.
"Challenging" is much more apt.
Oh, and despite looking like just an action series from the outside, the RPG progression is actually veeeery important. There are all kinds of different character builds you can end up with, depending on where you choose to allocate your stats, and the choices you make in that regard are very important to the tactics you'll end up using in various places. That's actually much of what sets From Software's games apart from others out there; the balancing of everything is absolutely paramount in their development philosophy.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:53 pm

That statement was in regard to bloodborne not the souls series smarty pants :P
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming