The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U/NX)

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:51 am

You're talkin to a pisstake account pal.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:19 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: I just buy a wii u for this, nx will fail even harder and I don't like handhelds

The NX is a hybrid, not a handheld.

It's actually neither because nothing has been confirmed.

No It's confirmed, look at all the changes Nintendo has made internally, the stuff said in their board meetings, and such.

There's tons of concrete info, that proves the NX is a hybrid, and that goes ditto about carts, it has been completely proven that, that's the case.

Something doesn't need to be "officially" released to the masses by Nintendo them selves, for something to be proven.

No, it isn't dude. It's just a fucking rumor. You need to learn the definition of proof.

Jesus...

The fact that Nintendo no longer has separate development teams for consoles, and handhelds is not a rumor. Same thing with carts, even Nintendo's paperwork is mentioning carts when referring to games that are known to be coming out on the NX, it is confirmed.

Nintendo doesn't need to have a god damn press conference, for things to be confirmed.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:58 am

Zoltor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
drunkensailor wrote: I just buy a wii u for this, nx will fail even harder and I don't like handhelds

The NX is a hybrid, not a handheld.

It's actually neither because nothing has been confirmed.

No It's confirmed, look at all the changes Nintendo has made internally, the stuff said in their board meetings, and such.

There's tons of concrete info, that proves the NX is a hybrid, and that goes ditto about carts, it has been completely proven that, that's the case.

Something doesn't need to be "officially" released to the masses by Nintendo them selves, for something to be proven.

No, it isn't dude. It's just a fucking rumor. You need to learn the definition of proof.

Jesus...

The fact that Nintendo no longer has separate development teams for consoles, and handhelds is not a rumor. Same thing with carts, even Nintendo's paperwork is mentioning carts when referring to games that are known to be coming out on the NX, it is confirmed.

Nintendo doesn't need to have a god damn press conference, for things to be confirmed.

Wow. Just because they've consolidated their two divisions doesn't mean they've consolidated their hardware too. It just means they want a unified OS and features between the two.

It could be a hybrid console, but you're making a massive assumption based on unsubstantiated rumors. And you clearly don't know what the word confirmed means.

I also love the logic of "the system uses carts, so that means it's a handheld."

Now, go back to making up bullshit on the Shenmue boards.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:13 am

I never said because it uses carts, It's a handheld, I'm just pointing out what some people including you, are claiming is a rumor as well, even though It's not rumor(and hasn't been just a rumor for a long time now), there's probally atleast a dozen very solid, set in stone pieces of evidence that proves such.

Back to the hybrid topic, every month, more, and more credible evidence is pointing to it being a highbred. Various major triple AAA publishers have been saying such, and now a major site/magazine, which have been proven to be one of the most credible publications over the years, is stating such. How much god damn evidence does there need to be, for you not to call such a rumor.

I mean damn, if a negative thing is leaked, with next to no evidence, everyone treats such like fact, but omg forget it if a company does a good thig, and there's tons of hard evidence to prove such, everyone screams, "It's just a rumor".

There's so much proof, that this would be more then enough to prove such in court, without the need to have a lawyer.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:20 am

Zoltor wrote:I never said because it uses carts, It's a handheld, I'm just pointing out what some people including you, are claiming is a rumor as well, even though It's not rumor(and hasn't been just a rumor for a long time now), there's probally atleast a dozen very solid, set in stone pieces of evidence that proves such.

Back to the hybrid topic, every month, more, and more credible evidence is pointing to it being a highbred. Various major triple AAA publishers have been saying such, and now a major site/magazine, which have been proven to be one of the most credible publications over the years, is stating such. How much god damn evidence does there need to be, for you not to call such a rumor.

I mean damn, if a negative thing is leaked, with next to no evidence, everyone treats such like fact, but omg forget it if a company does a good thig, and there's tons of hard evidence to prove such, everyone screams, "It's just a rumor".

I can name plenty of evidence that seemingly contradicts this rumor. That's why it's a rumor until proven otherwise. I mean, is it really that hard to grasp?
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby OL » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:43 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: You're talkin to a pisstake account pal.

You have been IGNORED!

On that note, am I the only one that thinks the game actually looks kind of... "eh"? The combat seems to lack much in the way of real punch, and the environments are nowhere near as attractive as they have been in the past. Being "big" is no longer as impressive as it used to be (that's what she said, hyuk hyuk). I'd rather have the smaller, more tightly-packed worlds from before.
Not that this looks bad or anything. Not at all. I just don't get why everyone lost their shit over how "amazing" it looks, when it really just looks like The Legend of Zelda: Oblivion, with way more apple and stick collecting. I understand maybe being nostalgic over the sound effects and whatnot, but otherwise... it looks fine, I guess?
I like Zelda as much as anyone else, but I think I'd need to see a lot more than what's been shown in order to get all shaky with excitement like so many others seem to be.

OL has received a thanks from: Thief
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 pm

Nah, I agree with you OL. The game looks perfectly fine for what it is, but it doesn't look all that amazing. It looks like another skyrim or something similar -- nothing all that groundbreaking. Although I was excited when it was first announced, but now that the hype has died down, I can't bring myself to care to play it at all. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack though.

Thief has received a thanks from: OL
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Thief wrote: Nah, I agree with you OL. The game looks perfectly fine for what it is, but it doesn't look all that amazing. It looks like another skyrim or something similar -- nothing all that groundbreaking. Although I was excited when it was first announced, but now that the hype has died down, I can't bring myself to care to play it at all. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack though.

You do realize, that's like saying Shenmue Isn't special, because other games may have what a whole 1 element in common with Shenmue, and even then, nowhere near executed as well as X is in Shenmue.

Skyrim is a POS, with no content, all the Elder Scroll games are super bare bones. Where as with Zelda, there's nothing that's bare bones about it, infact it couldn't be any further from being bare bones then it is, pretty much every system ties into every other system, even main systems in Botw also moonlight as subsystems, It's inane, and the scary thing is, everything works so well together.

Nevermind the fact Zelda is also full with enemies, secrets, the most interactive world created to date, ect, Skyrim is nothing like botw. Bethesda in a million years, couldn't ever hope to create a fully fleshed out open world game. The Elder scroll games are no more then over sized maps, with no content to fill the maps with(which is why modders love them so much, there's no game to elder scrolls, so It's a blank slate).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:39 pm

Zelda the most interactive world created to date? LMAO, get real man. Have you even played a Bethesda game? Witcher series? Dragon Age? GTA? Assassins Creed? I could sit here for a very long time listing games with more to do in their world than Zelda. You may not like Bethesda games, which is obvious, but they have ten times the content of any Zelda game lol. A lot more replay value too. Modders like Bethesda games because of how easy the mod tools are to use. Fans like them because they play and do exactly what they want in them, no boundaries like other games.

As a huge Zelda fan that's bought and played every single game and two 3DS's because of it, what you just said was nothing more than a fanboys opinion. And until Nintendo comes out and officially says something about the NX, everything you read on the internet is a rumor.

Raithos has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:15 pm

OL wrote:On that note, am I the only one that thinks the game actually looks kind of... "eh"? The combat seems to lack much in the way of real punch, and the environments are nowhere near as attractive as they have been in the past. Being "big" is no longer as impressive as it used to be (that's what she said, hyuk hyuk). I'd rather have the smaller, more tightly-packed worlds from before.
Not that this looks bad or anything. Not at all. I just don't get why everyone lost their shit over how "amazing" it looks, when it really just looks like The Legend of Zelda: Oblivion, with way more apple and stick collecting. I understand maybe being nostalgic over the sound effects and whatnot, but otherwise... it looks fine, I guess?
I like Zelda as much as anyone else, but I think I'd need to see a lot more than what's been shown in order to get all shaky with excitement like so many others seem to be.

I think the main reason people are hyped is because a lot of people wanted Nintendo to change the series up a bit and this looks like the biggest change Zelda has had since the series went 3D.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Zoltor » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Raithos wrote: Zelda the most interactive world created to date? LMAO, get real man. Have you even played a Bethesda game? Witcher series? Dragon Age? GTA? Assassins Creed? I could sit here for a very long time listing games with more to do in their world than Zelda. You may not like Bethesda games, which is obvious, but they have ten times the content of any Zelda game lol. A lot more replay value too. Modders like Bethesda games because of how easy the mod tools are to use. Fans like them because they play and do exactly what they want in them, no boundaries like other games.

As a huge Zelda fan that's bought and played every single game and two 3DS's because of it, what you just said was nothing more than a fanboys opinion. And until Nintendo comes out and officially says something about the NX, everything you read on the internet is a rumor.

Quests with no rewards worth a damn, because there is literally no item content, doesn't = a lot to do(especially with how shallow such quests are at that). I really don't even know why Elder Scroll games have a lv system. Also having a utterly pointless house system in games, that is just tossed into the game, to avoid needing real content, doesn't= a lot to do.

Games like The Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Just Couse, and Dark Souls(the other two games people keep trying to compare the new Zelda game to) don't even hold a candle to botw.

Hell the demo alone blows all those other games away, It's no contest.

Also yes the most interactive world, and not only is it so, there's actually reasons to do such as well.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Thief » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:30 pm

phpBB [video]

Thief has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:45 am

Not particularly a fan of Zelda aside from Majora's Mask, but damn this game looks beautiful! As good as any PS4 title for sure.

phpBB [video]

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Monkei
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Monkei » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:52 am

Wow, that looks incredible. That crying Zelda somehow really touched me, great facial animations and everything. The trailer makes it look like a pretty emotional journey. Did any of the other Zeldas feature voice acting? Last one I played was Twilight Princess.. can't really remember.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:11 am

Monkei wrote: Did any of the other Zeldas feature voice acting? Last one I played was Twilight Princess.. can't really remember.

Nope, unless you consider squeaks and grunts voice acting. I guess one exception would be these games:

phpBB [video]

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Monkei
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming