Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

Postby Raithos » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:51 am

The Gamestop pre-order game will be free soon. 2D beat'em up of some kind. Free is free so I'll take it!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/02/20/ ... ree-march/

Raithos has received a thanks from: Axm
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Axm » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:31 am

And the game was patched again. PS4 Pro to a maximum of 60fps (around 40-50 average) level cap raised to 120 and some other stuff.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:38 pm

So glad I waited. Now the only thing is if I will actually give a shit about FF15 when the actual final version comes out... smh... I just cant grasp the concept of releasing games unfinished, or practically unfinished with this "we'll do the rest later" attitude. I mean is this supposed to increase replay value? But isnt it actually 2 different experiences? Or perhaps more like a New Game + for those who bought it on release? Too much man, too freaking much.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 pm

What it does with the end game is give you the open world to stay in just before the final boss/area. So technically you can play the ending over and over again. So when they do add to the ending like they said they would, I assume we can just continue on to the main quest as normal and see the difference.

So playing it now vs. later.. ya if you wait overall you will get a better first experience, but if you keep attention to the game after the fact just load your save up and see the improvements.

Annoying to think about as they obviously could have delayed the game in the first place but not a total loss in playing now.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:40 am

Just started the game on ps4 pro (on the high resolution mode, it does chug quite a bit in various parts) and to be honest I don't know what to think.

I don't understand anything that is happening in the combat (and I'm playing on fucking easy), I just use the warp function when I see it, done some random sidequests, nothing really compelling-all fetchquests, just picking items (or pressing the action button) is a fucking chore. I still don't know how the fuck do magic spells or what do the "team moves" actually do (or what I'm supposed to do).

A fucking ton of driving (or waste some gold to get a loading screen), just moving around is BORING.

I guess I will play it only for the graphics (that are breathtaking), but I'm not even at the neo-gothic-baroque part that I actually like...

As for now It just feels boring, slow and inconsecuential.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shredingskin » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Just on chapter 5 (or 6).

I'm starting to like it (even though I'm playing on easy), I just hate the blond guy, still don't know how to fucking use magic. But there's that japanese cheesiness I like. And for some reason (maybe placebo or alcohol) the graphics seem a lot more fluid and sharper on the pro high resolution. Gladio is husbando fosho.

Gonna download again the movie.

I still miss the anger and grittiness (and school girl outfit) of those firts Versus trailers.

PS. also having a lot of trouble trying to buy the season pass (because I bought the game in france, the nintendo doesn't care, but for some reason I can't even hook up my fucking paypal account). Is it worth it ? Probably I'll buy a psn card next time I go (july).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:46 pm

Finished it, and what a strange game this is good or bad.

I think they focused on the wrong parts, the characters are boring, the whole boytrip is meh, the open world feels flat and the sidequests don't do anything to enrich it.

The combat for moments feels like random animations hitting air, and for moments feel pretty epic.

The game looks beautiful but lifeless, even the decision to make object a glowing spot makes the illusion of it being nothing more than a random spot even more random. It really makes you think what makes a game feel alive, because when you look at everything, everything seems to be "there", but the life isn't.

There are various places that are stunning, but you only stay in them an hour or so.

The story is just an excuse for a collect-a-ton of two things, and it really brings the whole game down since it relies on the cutscenes as a reward for gameplay.

Even then, the cutscenes are amazing on their own, and feel gratifying despite the story trying to pull it down instead of up.

I really still don't know if I think it's a 8/9 game or a 6/7 game, but I think that just looking at the quantity and quality of assets this game had the potential of being much MUCH more.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:01 pm

https://store.na.square-enix.com/produc ... dition-ps4

Holy Mother of Expensive Collectors Editions batman. Usually I would just go for the CE, but I dont see any reason to for $199.99 for a remaster CE. I wish they would give some indication of quantity of these things. Its exclusive to the Square Enix store, but that hasnt meant much in the past either. I think I am going to have to pass on this CE. Limited Edition Steelbook version pre-ordered though!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:47 pm

I finally got FF15 and for anyone who Hasn't got it yet and was wondering what its like allow me to explain. Walk up to your PS4 controller. Place it in your hand and hold down the circle button. There you go!
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:52 am

phpBB [video]
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:27 pm

The United States Central Intelligence Agency released a cache of files found on Osama Bin Laden's personal computer taken from the deadly 2011 raid on his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. Among the 321 gigabytes of files found on his computer, of which many were related to his operations for Al Qaeda, were copyrighted materials the CIA could not republish. These included several animated movies, TV shows, as well as a copy of Final Fantasy VII.

www.usgamer.net/amp/the-cia-released-32 ... antasy-vii

The more I hear about the guy the more I like him.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Some concept art for VII Remake. It made me feel all nostalgic.

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to General Gaming