Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:09 am

"Return to Ivalice" announced, a 24 person dungeon raid event for FFXIV; designed and written by Yasumi Matsuno! So happy I'm playing this even more now. :)

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/final-f ... ne-20-2017

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby south carmain » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:41 pm

Riku Rose wrote: So it's been announced some things they will be patching into the game:

Final Fantasy XV Update Roadmap

Short-term goals

First, we will further increase the gameplay satisfaction level of Chapter 13. For that reason, we have already started work on many enhancements, such as significantly enhancing the power of ring magic and so on. We will announce details on these enhancements and when we plan to offer this update at a later time.

Mid-term goals

We will enhance the presentation of the second half of the game, and further enhance the satsifaction level of the story experience. For example, we plan to add event scenes that depict things like, “Why does the character Ravus follow that fate?” Since we’re doing localization work to have voice support in all languages for the the added event scenes, we’re taking this on as a mid-term goal. Project details will be announced once they have been decided.

Long-term goals

We will make important characters that appear in the main story of the game available to use as playable characters. Also, we will consider adding an avatar system to create an original character to play the game. In addition to this, we plan to actively continue updates so that players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV over a long period of time.

Others

Play a new game while carrying over your status from a cleared game. We will offer various items that expand the breadth of gameplay, like for low-level clears and invincible suits. We will increase the font size so that messages are easier to read. We will offer content such as boss battles complete with rewards and achievements, limited time mob hunts, etc. in order for you to enjoy the game live.

It should be noted that the already announced downloadable content will be released as originally planned.

FFXV Holiday Pack
FFXV Booster Pack
FFXV Episode Gladiolus
FFXV Episode Ignis
FFXV Episode Prompto
FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

Have to say I'm disappointed that they're adding things to the story since I'm not going to play the game again and have missed out on some major things which will be added.

I just assumed the story felt like it was missing stuff because they expect you to watch the movie and anime which I can't be arsed to but I guess it's not just that that makes the game's story feel a bit shallow.

Overall I enjoyed FF15 but it didn't feel like a final fantasy game to me if that makes any sense. It will go down for me as a good game but not a classic like they wanted it to.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:34 pm

http://www.gamezone.com/news/final-fant ... te-3450266

New Final Fantasy VII Remake screen Featuring GODZILLA SEPHIROTH!!!! :-o

Also Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster on PS4 comes out July 11th in North America and Europe, and Japan and Asia on July 13.

Wait... you are telling me we are actually getting this BEFORE japan???!! :beamup:

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Axm
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:07 pm

The platinum trophy was surprisingly easy to get in FF15, It's the only game I ever got platinum for and it required more patience than any kind of skill.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:16 pm

phpBB [video]

Welp, ppl are roasting square about what Kitase and Nomura had to say about the Final Fantasy VII Remake at the FF anniversary. Some of it is pretty cringe worthy, looks like we wont be seeing it in 2017... not even the first episode. Hopefully the project doesnt turn into a complete disaster, hopefully E3 and TGS serve it better. Damn it Square... get your shit together already. ](*,)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Yeah Square, if you're planning on taking your time with things, then go fuck yourselves! If we're not getting all of your future games now, they may as well never be coming out!
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:59 am

They are too busy with the thousands of planned FFXV DLC packs. That game will never end apparently.
Anyways we will have way too many other games in 2017 to play so 7 remake in 2018 is welcomed imo. They need to not fuck up the final product(s) or else fans will really be pissed.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:45 am

My main concern is if they are going to take their sweet time on this and make it episodic, Is it realistic to expect them to come out in this console generation? Does square really want to run the risk of having this over lap console generations? Sure the next generation of consoles is way up in the air, but if its going to take another 6+ years to get all these episodes out, plus have long waiting gaps in between each episode (which is basically what they said could happen) It brings up alot of concerns (given their recent track record of development times, announcing this as episodic almost seems absurd). Also we should know what next gen will/wont be by that time as well, idk all that news seems more concerning. Who wants to play episode 1 wait a year or 2 or 3, play episode 2 then more years and play episode 3 etc. At least they have plenty of time to change plans and hopefully figure out a better way to get this to fans in a timely manner. I'll be waiting a long time for the complete collection if it turns out good thats for sure, maybe i should go hybernate now?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:46 am

All they had to do was do it REmake style. Follow the original game plan and make it better with newer features (job system, new materia features, new story sections, rearrange some of the game to make the game feels fresh for old players, add new content that wasn't in the original, FFX-2 esque ATB battle system). This would have taken two to three years to make.

Instead they have to remake a 1997 game for "modern audiences" with an entirely new battle system, a third person perspective and no pre rendered bgs. Which is clearly more work.

Remaking a game shouldn't have all this vision and stuff put into it. Just take the original and make it better. REMake is the template for game remakes because it's the highest standard for a remade game.

Instead, they pull a Versus XV on it.

Nomura honestly shouldn't be allowed to direct another FF after this.

Himuro has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

Postby Axm » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:51 am

My thoughts are they actually are making all the episodes at once and just doing timed releases of them to maximize profit like originally intended.. because fuck us right? Money guys.. money. We will spend it and they know it. We are otaku, hear us roar kind of shit.

Axm has received a thanks from: Raithos
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Hyo Razuki » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:31 pm

So they're basically still working on the same part they showed in the trailer one and a half years ago and they haven't even decided into how many episodes they're gonna divide the remake. That does indeed sound a bit questionable. However, I think we need to come to terms with the fact that games' development cycle have become longer. It's not like games take something like two years to develop anymore. I think we need to get used to games taking 4 or 5 years to develop being more of the rule than the exception.

I mean, Horizon took six years, Persona 5 took around eight years, Last Guardian took ten and so did FF 15.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:41 pm

After finishing FF15 I don't expect much out of the FF7 remake. The changes they make for "new players" just seem to bring down the overall experience for me.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Raithos
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:08 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:...given their recent track record of development times...

You think they have a bad track record with dev times just because FFXV took so long? I dunno, I'd say with that one example aside, Squenix is actually really good at developing things quickly. Once FFXIII was done, it only took around another three years for them to use the same graphics engine and basic gameplay ideas to make two sequels for it, and both are pretty massive games for that quick a development time. The latest Star Ocean was announced in 2015 and released in 2016. Bravely Default was announced in 2011 and released in 2012. It's sequel took another 3 or 4 years to make, but all the same, for a full JRPG that's completely reasonable.
I don't disagree that FFVII is probably gonna take a while, but I wouldn't take stabs at them about it over development times, because on average they're usually completely reasonable with their dev cycles. As shown by the FFXIII sequels, they're especially quick once they have basic ground work set up. I'd figure once the first "episode" of FFVII is release (if you can even consider a proposed 30-60 hour game just an "episode"), their dev time will probably speed up considerably.

I don't know what rush anyone is in anyway. People complain when games like Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed are made in a year (usually more like two years, behind the scenes) and say it's not enough, but a game that was announced in 2015 is somehow taking too long for us now?
I honestly don't mind waiting much at all.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:24 pm

south carmain wrote: After finishing FF15 I don't expect much out of the FF7 remake. The changes they make for "new players" just seem to bring down the overall experience for me.

I get tired of seeing that quote every time I boot it up lol. Its not necessarily a bad game, but they changed way to much of the FF formula for my tastes. I have to kill some monster and raise my fishing level up a bit more and the platinum is done. I don't think I will be back to see the added content later. Have you seen all the stuff SE said will change? Its going to feel like such a different game than what we played. New cut scenes, dialogue changes, chapter 13 is getting redone and more.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:50 pm

OL wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:...given their recent track record of development times...

You think they have a bad track record with dev times just because FFXV took so long?

FF15, Kingdom Hearts 3 immediately come to mind, Squares 2 biggest money makers. Im not talking about the Eidos side of the company, I mean the Squaresoft side. And what do we get instead constantly thrown in our face? Low quality spin offs and on occasion a decent title thats something new in one of their many classic IPs (Meaning anything FF, KH, Saga, Mana etc) thank god for those at least. There is an issue with out a doubt with development time for squares BIG gun games from the square soft part of the company. Idk why people keep denying this to themselves, look at what their production was, look what it is now. Look at Final Fantasy series from 2010 to now (since FFXIII), they have managed to put out 1 more main line entries in that time and a MMO (which of course doesnt really count), Kingdom Hearts 2 came out in 2006, what more evidence do you need, I mean really.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming