Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy Series News and Updates Thread

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:41 am

So it's been announced some things they will be patching into the game:

Final Fantasy XV Update Roadmap

Short-term goals

First, we will further increase the gameplay satisfaction level of Chapter 13. For that reason, we have already started work on many enhancements, such as significantly enhancing the power of ring magic and so on. We will announce details on these enhancements and when we plan to offer this update at a later time.

Mid-term goals

We will enhance the presentation of the second half of the game, and further enhance the satsifaction level of the story experience. For example, we plan to add event scenes that depict things like, “Why does the character Ravus follow that fate?” Since we’re doing localization work to have voice support in all languages for the the added event scenes, we’re taking this on as a mid-term goal. Project details will be announced once they have been decided.

Long-term goals

We will make important characters that appear in the main story of the game available to use as playable characters. Also, we will consider adding an avatar system to create an original character to play the game. In addition to this, we plan to actively continue updates so that players can enjoy Final Fantasy XV over a long period of time.

Others

Play a new game while carrying over your status from a cleared game. We will offer various items that expand the breadth of gameplay, like for low-level clears and invincible suits. We will increase the font size so that messages are easier to read. We will offer content such as boss battles complete with rewards and achievements, limited time mob hunts, etc. in order for you to enjoy the game live.

It should be noted that the already announced downloadable content will be released as originally planned.

FFXV Holiday Pack
FFXV Booster Pack
FFXV Episode Gladiolus
FFXV Episode Ignis
FFXV Episode Prompto
FFXV Online Expansion Pack: Companion

Have to say I'm disappointed that they're adding things to the story since I'm not going to play the game again and have missed out on some major things which will be added.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Raithos » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:51 pm

Well that's a little disappointing. I planned on playing through it soon. Looks like I will be waiting awhile lol especially with the comparisons to MGSV.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Wow. Now I am really glad I waited it out for this game. Sounds a bit crazy, like they cut plenty. Dev team rushed to finish it before the end of the year to catch the Christmas holidays? At least it's not been Chapter 3'd (MGSV) and the dev team are able to add in the content that was cut. Sucks for big FF fans like Riku who got it day 1, though. Also, the Japanese sales seem to be really down than what FFXIII's sales were.

Is it true they changed the Opening a day after release or something as well since people were so confused by what was going on?

Oh yeah and I found out that Matsuno is making a mobile phone game as director with Platinum Games today, well gutted. ](*,)
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby shredingskin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:29 pm

It seems like a valiant effort, and that they're listening, something quite rare in this industry.

I hope they're working on the pc version.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Axm » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 pm

I happy for them to add more free content and pad the story, but man, this is the shit about the gaming industry these days. Buying most games at launch yields no benefits. Not only if you wait you'll get more/better/improved content, less bugs, you'll also get it for cheaper.
I thought Final Fantasy would be an exception to this for some reason.
Perhaps ill stop playing it for now as I think im still less than half way through. I'll go back to it hopefully sooner than later.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:02 pm

Here is waiting on news about FFXVI. Some of the shit I have read about FFXV so far... *cringes* just staying as far away as I possibly can. I already didnt like the lack of playable female characters (bullshit) idc how good the interactions between the bro safari are, I just cant. Now I am hearing all this other new news and as a series fan its really a bummer. Yeah I think most JRPG fans would have agreed with AXM that FF would have been an exception to the Launch day blues but nope just go ahead and add Final Fantasy to the list... *sigh* I know a few people that even encourage others to stop pre-ordering all together because it just gives devs an excuse to be lazier. Idk, I'm just ready to get past the Versus XIII/FFXV drama and development time and hype (not to mention still get over the traumatizing series slump before this that was FFXIII series) and see if they can just come back with a clean slate do things the right way with FF16. In the mean time my inner Final Fantasy fan will be in the corner rocking back and forth in the fetal position hoping and wondering if we will ever get another classic Final Fantasy game.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:23 pm

^Why does the game have to have a female character in the party? Putting one in the game for the sake of having one is a lot worse then just omitting one because they don't fit into the story. This is a series that has also been very good in the past about having a mixture of male and female characters. Even X-2 had an all female cast so why not an all male cast?

Plus if you actually played the game you'd realize you get a few guest characters of which the majority are, you guessed it! Female!

Henry Spencer wrote:Also, the Japanese sales seem to be really down than what FFXIII's sales were.

I see people trying to make a big deal about that but aren't console sales in Japan nothing compared to last generation? Makes sense they would be selling less games.

Is it true they changed the Opening a day after release or something as well since people were so confused by what was going on?

The day one patch includes some scenes from Kingsglaive but you'll be just as confused as you would be without them. The scenes they included are really oddly placed and just shows 3 second clips while music plays over it.

Axm wrote: I happy for them to add more free content and pad the story, but man, this is the shit about the gaming industry these days. Buying most games at launch yields no benefits. Not only if you wait you'll get more/better/improved content, less bugs, you'll also get it for cheaper.
I thought Final Fantasy would be an exception to this for some reason.
Perhaps ill stop playing it for now as I think im still less than half way through. I'll go back to it hopefully sooner than later.

See normally I see no problem with patches. I don't think bugs in games are as bad as people make out it's just that as with most things in the gaming community most things get blown out of proportion. I've never seen a single bug in an Assassin's Creed game but you'd think they're unplayable with how much people go on about them online. A day one patch that takes 20 minutes isn't the end of the world like people make out.

I do have an issue with what Square has done though. Sure they announced there would be DLC in the future which is another thing I would defend as ok to do. But to wait until they've got their first week sales in the bag and then announce there is still work to be done on the game which will effect it quite a lot is shitty.

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby shredingskin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 am

The only thing I don't like about the main cast is that everyone seems to be such a cliche, the angry edgelord, the funny one, the intelligent one, the tough one, and pretty much one note characters (maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, since I didn't play it)...

I think that adding a female to the cast would kill the "bro" part though, so it's not worthy.

Maybe some sidequest with a female as a separate chapter, but not main. But since I hate the hivemind of people that just want to insert a female for "diversity" I'm very compelled to say "no, fuck you faggot".

Riku Rose wrote:The day one patch includes some scenes from Kingsglaive but you'll be just as confused as you would be without them. The scenes they included are really oddly placed and just shows 3 second clips while music plays over it.

Kingslaive is already a clusterfuck of cheesyness and beautiful animation, I can't imagine how 3 second clips (or even the full movie) can help to the game narrative :lol:

Axm wrote: I happy for them to add more free content and pad the story, but man, this is the shit about the gaming industry these days. Buying most games at launch yields no benefits. Not only if you wait you'll get more/better/improved content, less bugs, you'll also get it for cheaper.

It seems that most of the updates they're doing are based on the feedback, so it's not something they could have planned beforehand. And that's quite good, the game apparently launched without many bugs/tech issues, and that's something that most games cannot say (and they even delayed it to address those issues).

Paid DLC seems to be a shit that it's here to stay sadly. But we don't know if they just cut content and try to make you pay for it, or it's just real additional stuff that won't matter and optional if you really liked it and want to give it more time.

I can't see a way to actually blame square in any of this, patches, dlcs and price drops are going to keep existing, and are not a bad thing in itself. Pretty much anything if you wait will drop price / have a better version, it's a part of consumerism.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Axm » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:22 am

Generally I'm happy they are still supporting the game and listening to feedback. And that ya, the launch product is mostly bug free. Thats a huge accomplishment. Granted they had forever, but still. They committed to a launch date and stuck it. So bravo.
Still though.. I want my final product.
Last edited by Axm on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Ash » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Just about to fight the final boss in the game...but I think I'm starting to come around the opinion that SE should have cancelled Versus and created XV from scratch, or allowed XV to be further delayed.

There's just so much potential in XV that's gone to waste, and I personally have doubts about how well the DLC will make up for the shortfalls.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Or they could have, you know just released the PS3 version of Versus XIII like they originally planned and maybe XV would have been something new entirely and we would already have information about XVI. Would have made alot more sense to have done that. Again I say there is alot of aspects of what ultimately became FFXV that bothered me and I didnt agree with, Decade old gaming ideas from last gen hardware, choosing to go next gen, making it a main numbered entry and doing away with Versus XIII (who knows what that would have ultimately been like) etc etc etc. I just hope Square learned and they never EVER do something like that again.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Played like 6-7 hours of FFXIV: Realm Reborn today, let alone how much I put in the entire weekend...I've now officially caught the MMO bug. Only SMTIV: Apocalypse will be able to tear me away from this game. =P~
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:35 pm

^ Its good, if only I were that into MMO's anymore like I was around the time FFXI first came out I was playing Ragnarok Lineage II Shadowbane and WoW (vanilla WoW before it became a steaming pile).
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:36 am

So ya, since im taking a long break from XV so they can get all the shit out on it they plan to do, I decided to get back into FFXIV on the cheap for the next 3 months or so.

Im a levl 44 White Mage on Midgarsormer.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Ash » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:12 pm

phpBB [video]
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming