Nier: Automata

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Nier Sequel

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:52 pm

So I have been playing Nier and I have this one quest where I need collect 3 berries and 3 royal ferns from the many sparkly items scattered around the various areas. I got 2 royal ferns at the very beginning like the first couple hours, and it hasnt dropped any since, it keeps giving me berries. I have like 15 berries and 2 royal ferns i only need 1 more, and I cant complete this quest if my life depended on it, the game simply wont give me the drop. Im just curious if this maybe random, or just a Nier style of item randomness, or maybe the game is just trying to spite me out of this quest? Idk, what do you guys think?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Forget about that sidequest, you will lose your mind. It's a Cavia troll. lol.

Anyway, massive Famitsu article posted:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201507/02082185.html
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Troll quests... not cool cavia lol idk the quests arent that great in the game anyway
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:30 pm

The lighthouse quests are the ones worth doing, the others not so much. Keep playing the main storyline instead.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:30 pm

So after all that fuss about that quest... today I finally get the last royal fern to drop and I completed the quest! Im not sure exactly what happened, or why it dropped almost instantly on the northern plain on my first outting there.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Game is officially called: Nier Automata. Game is set after another war ravages the Earth resulting in a post Apocalyptic barren world.

New story and gameplay info.

As Famitsu leaks come in, the next NieR game is reportedly title as “NieR Automata”. Nier Automata takes place on the devastated planet earth, and a battle between Androids created by humans, against the “Machine organisms” sent by the enemies of mankind (possibly Aliens?).

In the upcoming Famitsu magazine, it apparently shows the characters and setting by Akihiko Yoshida. A character who appears to be the protagonist is called “Yorha #2 Type B” and holds both a sword and great sword. Long ranged attacks are made possible by a system called “pods”.

Sword looks familiar
(It was Nier's....hmmm...)

Trailer is due to be shown tomorrow.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:36 pm

Love the design work. Looks really cool.
Still drawing a complete blank though, trying to come up with a justification why the name Nier is tacked on there. No doubt they're related in some vague, roundabout way (like how Drakangard is related to Nier), but the name still seems to makes no sense.
Ah well. A cool game is a cool game, and I do love seeing the ruins of the modern world in this kind of stuff.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 am

fucking nier
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:28 pm

phpBB [video]

Far exceeded my expectations. :shock:

OL wrote: Love the design work. Looks really cool.
Still drawing a complete blank though, trying to come up with a justification why the name Nier is tacked on there. No doubt they're related in some vague, roundabout way (like how Drakangard is related to Nier), but the name still seems to makes no sense.
Ah well. A cool game is a cool game, and I do love seeing the ruins of the modern world in this kind of stuff.

Supposedly there will be returning characters according to Yoko Taro at the Paris Games Show...Yoko Taro wearing Emil's mask all of the time seems to suggest he might very well turn up? Also, Yoko Taro also revealed we will be revisiting "very familiar locations from the first game". He didn't specify which ones but said they would be "ruined". As well as this, we will be seeing familiar powers return.

This doesn't sound like the same way Taro did Drakengard series with light differences, this sounds very much like a more cohesive follow up. He originally wanted to name the game "Nier: Androids" but didn't because of copyright reasons.

EDIT: Development started July 2014, so it's been in development for far longer than we thought, since Taro was trolling before at E3 saying it was less than "10% into development"

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Nier Rising: Automata
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:03 pm

^Starring the Maiden in Black. :lol:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:48 pm

I've had the original game sitting on my shelf in the wrapping for about 2 years now since Henry kept going on about it and I see it for cheap. Really don't have much idea what it's about and never seen so much as a trailer for it, I've never even looked at the screens on the back of the box. Still that artwork of the destroyed bridge and amusement park peaked my interest.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:20 pm

I'd almost forgotten the new one is developed by Platinum Studios.
So lookee there, a Platinum game with art direction that actually doesn't suck! Amazing. :lol:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Guys, even with all of my negativity towards gaming, I think this looks AMAZE BALLS. 8) :shock: Must replay Nier 1.

Himuro has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:45 am

Himuro wrote: Must replay Nier 1.

Yeah, me too.

It kinda sounds like it's a prequel to Nier, since in Nier the residents were amazed at how trains used to exist. If they're making androids, it sounds like humans still had some capabilities in this timeline...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming