Valkyria Revolution

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Valkyria Revolution

Postby Monkei » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:49 am

SEGA just officially announced "Valkyria: Azure Revolution" and "Valkyria Chronicles Remaster" for PS4 via the latest issue of Famitsu magazine. No real details yet, release date TBA. Source: http://www.gamefront.de

Last edited by Monkei on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Monkei has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Valkyria Chronicles and Azure Revolution coming to PS4

Postby Axm » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:33 am

Wat.
A smart move by Sega? Much excite.

Axm has received a thanks from: Yama
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kintor » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:24 am

Awesome! Valkyria Chronicles was one of my favourite games last generation. I'm glad that Valkyria Chronicles is finally getting the big AAA sequel it deserves. The phenomenal success of Valkyria Chronicles on PC last year must have gotten Sega's attention. I'll be buying Valkyria: Azure Revolution day one.

Plus, I'll also buy Valkyria Chronicles Remaster as well. I mean, I already own the PS3 original and the PC version but without hesitation I'm going to buy Valkyria Chronicles a third time. Valkyria Chronicles is just that good.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:10 am

Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby OL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:35 pm

I wouldn't get excited until it gets announced for western release. Sega puts out plenty of stuff I'd like to play that never leaves Japan, so for the time being it's kind of... eh. And I absolutely loved the original game.

And yeah, I'm not sure if I'm sold on the spinoff being a JRPG; I wouldn't mind so much if it actually retained the WWII-inspired aesthetic of the original, but it looks like it's just a bunch of big swords, magic, and monsters. Which means it's basically removing everything that made the aesthetics of the original interesting to begin with, and switching it out for the same old crap you see in seemingly every JRPG.
Could still be a good game, but that's a bummer.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:41 pm

Oh. Slight bummer. So that's why "Chronicles" is missing in the title. Still excited for the Remaster though, haven't played the original yet and would really love to. Please come to the West!

Monkei has received a thanks from: OL
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:07 pm

In typical SEGA fashion of making things underwhelming it is no longer a Strategy RPG and developed by an outside developer this time, Media Vision (who quite frankly are normally a mediocre developer with the odd good game). And yeah, this is SEGA, who never localize anything anymore and are probably waiting on Sony to do it all for them again.

Yokosuka wrote: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... tcount=354

A J-rpg spinoff, not very exciting.

"Hey guys, let's no longer make it a Strategy RPG and take away the whole aesthetic of the original and turn it into generic anime fantasy JRPG no. 5000 instead. Yeah, that's what the fans want, totally. See guys, this is what you wanted, right, we listened."
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:50 pm

That looks nothing like the original Valkyria, why are they even calling it that? I'm excited for the VC Remaster, thats cool, but as for the rest, its just sega pulling another sega on us AND what are the odds it leaves japan? Lets just hope we at least get the remaster... :no:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:54 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: That looks nothing like the original Valkyria, why are they even calling it that?

It's been ages since I played VC, but Sylveria was supposed to be like... the last of an ancient race or something, right? If I had to guess, I'd say this game is probably meant to take place further back in time or something, probably going into that backstory.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:12 pm

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/valkyria-azu ... ed-for-ps4

This sheds a little bit more light on the new game. I just dont see how good it can really be without the former Overworks staff that worked on the original game (and also had a hand in classics like um FUCKING SKIES OF ARCADIA)... Ugh. Guess we'll have to wait for more info, I would really like to hear how this game connects to VC series more or give a time line or something.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby fittersau » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:29 pm

SEGA almost exited the console market so it's a good thing they are initiating new projects on franchises which had strong cult followings. Even though I like the character designs, I never played VC but a friend raves about it.

It bodes well for Shenmue fans as it's yet another active step in SEGA staying true to their word and putting investment back into their games.

fittersau has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Kintor » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:19 am

Sega just posted the first trailer for Azure Revolution:

phpBB [video]

I love the art style of this game. The visuals look amazing on the PS4's next-generation hardware. Everything is crisp and detailed, while still keeping the water-colour style that made the original Valkyria Chronicles so unique compared to other games.

It's not clear yet whether Azure Revolution is a prequel to the first-game or a spin-off but I'm eager to find out more.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:51 am

We know the game takes place in a different world than the original 3 games. Also apparently Media Vision developed VC3 which I did not know, and also the new Digimon Cyber Sleuth games thats coming out in Feb that has caught a few peoples eye.

That trailer makes the game look more familiar than I originally had anticipated. It does indeed look like a Valkyria game, but in a different setting with different asthetics, art direction etc. Still gonna wait on more info for this one though, but its looking better the more I see.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Very excited to just play the Remaster tbh. I own VC, but only dabbled in it before and was gonna play more recently but now ill just wait for this.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:10 pm

phpBB [video]

New Valkyria Chronicles Remaster Trailer
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming