Nintendo Switch

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby shredingskin » Thu May 18, 2017 8:20 am

Yup, you're right, I meant "best launch SINCE DC".

Calm your tits though. Put them in a bra or something.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kintor » Thu May 18, 2017 8:58 am

It's nothing personal shredingskin. I just took notice of the post you made in the Sonic Forces thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50663&start=30#p1151418

It occurred to me that I should do more to clear-up some of the misconceptions you've posting around here. This includes bizarre notions of trying to make the Switch's weak library of games look better by comparing it the Dreamcast. So from now on I think I'll be taking a keen interest in the Switch thread here and all its exciting discussion.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Nintendo Switch

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu May 18, 2017 8:59 am

Kintor wrote:
shredingskin wrote: Looking at it from perspective, despite a lot of killbuzz at launch, the switch has planned one of the best year one lineups in years (on par with the DC).

Zelda, MK8, ARMS, Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey ?

That's pretty ridiculous right there.

EDIT: Xenoblade 2 is also scheduled for 2017 ??? that's damn sick.

You're kidding right? Six games for the whole year and you think that it can beat the Dreamcast? Don't be ridiculous.

When the Dreamcast launched in the US on the 9/9/99 it had 19 games day one. That's more than three times the content that the Switch will see in all of 2017. The Switch is never going to match the quality of the Dreamcast's library because Nintendo can't solve their lack of third party support problem.

I'd like to see your math on that one.

TwiceFriedRice has received a thanks from: Raithos
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Kintor » Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: I'd like to see your math on that one.

That's easy:

Shredingskin mentioned a total of six Switch games for the whole year.

While the Dreamcast had 19 games at launch.

19 / 6 = 3.16

Hence the Dreamcast had more than three times the notable games at launch (3.16 actually) then the Switch will see in all of 2017. So, as per usual Nintendo's line-up of games is laughable small and not worthy of praise - only ridicule.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu May 18, 2017 9:07 am

Kintor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote: I'd like to see your math on that one.

That's easy:

Shredingskin mentioned a total of six Switch games for the whole year.

While the Dreamcast had 19 games at launch.

19 / 6 = 3.16

Hence the Dreamcast had more than three times the notable games at launch (3.16 actually) then the Switch will see in all of 2017. So, as per usual Nintendo's line-up of games is laughable small and not worthy of praise - only ridicule.

Uh, but you do know that the Switch already has more than six games worth playing right now though, right? And will have more than 19 by year's end?
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kintor » Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote:Uh, but you do know that the Switch already has more than six games worth playing right now though, right? And will have more than 19 by year's end?

I'm simply here to refute shredingskin's logic. He argued that six games over the course of 2017 was enough to mitigate Nintendo's lack of third party support. However, that simply isn't the case; as I've already shown, the Dreamcast had a better single day on the 9/9/99 then the Switch will ever see in its entire first year.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 am

Kintor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote:Uh, but you do know that the Switch already has more than six games worth playing right now though, right? And will have more than 19 by year's end?

I'm simply here to refute shredingskin's logic. He argued that six games over the course of 2017 was enough to mitigate Nintendo's lack of third party support. However, that simply isn't the case; as I've already shown, the Dreamcast had a better single day on the 9/9/99 then the Switch will ever see in its entire first year.

All he did was point those out. Yet, you still said that the Switch's announced lineup this year was lackluster, which isn't the case. It's not nor won't be on par with the DC (what is?) but it's going to have a good first six months.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kintor » Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: All he did was point those out. Yet, you still said that the Switch's announced lineup this year was lackluster, which isn't the case. It's not nor won't be on par with the DC (what is?) but it's going to have a good first six months.

Here's the thing - first party games alone can't ever make a respectable line-up. You need both quantity and quality. Thus far, Nintendo is facing with the same embarrassing software drought they've had for several console generations. Heck, the only decent thing Nintendo has going for it after Zelda at launch is a port of Wii U game, that's just sad.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu May 18, 2017 10:28 am

Kintor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote: All he did was point those out. Yet, you still said that the Switch's announced lineup this year was lackluster, which isn't the case. It's not nor won't be on par with the DC (what is?) but it's going to have a good first six months.

Here's the thing - first party games alone can't ever make a respectable line-up. You need both quantity and quality. Thus far, Nintendo is faced with the same embarrassing software drought they've had for several console generations. Heck, the only decent thing Nintendo has going for it after Zelda at launch is a port of Wii U game, that's just sad.

Here's the thing: If you have a steady stream of releases, it doesn't matter if it's 3rd party or not. Games are games.

TwiceFriedRice has received a thanks from: Raithos
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Thu May 18, 2017 10:30 am

Kintor wrote:However, that simply isn't the case; as I've already shown, the Dreamcast had a better single day on the 9/9/99 then the Switch will ever see in its entire first year.

Not discrediting how amazing the Dreamcast was, but your argument of single one day release of 19 launch titles is a bit misleading as the Dreamcast was actually on the market for almost an entire year before hitting NA. Only four games were actually available during the Dreamcast's day one launch, of which only Virtua Fighter 3tb was of note and still none of the titles released during its first year had the same impact Breath of the Wild alone had. So Shredingskin is not really off on his statement at all.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Raithos
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kintor » Thu May 18, 2017 11:32 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Here's the thing: If you have a steady stream of releases, it doesn't matter if it's 3rd party or not. Games are games.

Tell that to Nintendo and their constantly shrinking market share. A console needs strong third-party support to be successful. Because the Switch doesn't have a steady stream of games, only a handful of Nintendo titles released in between huge droughts. It's no wonder Nintendo is always in third place.

sand4fish wrote:Not discrediting how amazing the Dreamcast was, but your argument of single one day release of 19 launch titles is a bit misleading as the Dreamcast was actually on the market for almost an entire year before hitting NA. Only four games were actually available during the Dreamcast's day one launch, of which only Virtua Fighter 3tb was of note and still none of the titles released during its first year had the same impact Breath of the Wild alone had. So Shredingskin is not really off on his statement at all.

I honestly gave the Switch as much leniency as possible; by talking only about launch games for the Dreamcast, as opposed to the Switch when I’ve charitable considered its whole meagre 2017 line-up. A truly fair comparison, year 1 of the Dreamcast compared to year 1 of the Switch would make things ever more unbalanced. There is no doubt that the Dreamcast's library would outright crush the Switch. In that scenario I probably wouldn't even have to mention any of Sega's games to do so. The strength of the Dreamcast's third-party support (even without EA) is more than enough to run circles around the Switch.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Thu May 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Lol kintor you're such a fanboy.

And yes, sonic has sucked for more year than he was great.

The only fucking thing I said is that those 6 exclusives games in a year make it a great lineup.

Do you need money for the bra to calm your tits ?? :P :P

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Raithos
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sand4fish » Thu May 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Kintor wrote:
sand4fish wrote:Not discrediting how amazing the Dreamcast was, but your argument of single one day release of 19 launch titles is a bit misleading as the Dreamcast was actually on the market for almost an entire year before hitting NA. Only four games were actually available during the Dreamcast's day one launch, of which only Virtua Fighter 3tb was of note and still none of the titles released during its first year had the same impact Breath of the Wild alone had. So Shredingskin is not really off on his statement at all.

I honestly gave the Switch as much leniency as possible; by talking only about launch games for the Dreamcast, as opposed to the Switch when I’ve charitable considered its whole meagre 2017 line-up. A truly fair comparison, year 1 of the Dreamcast compared to year 1 of the Switch would make things ever more unbalanced. There is no doubt that the Dreamcast's library would outright crush the Switch. In that scenario I probably wouldn't even have to mention any of Sega's games to do so. The strength of the Dreamcast's third-party support (even without EA) is more than enough to run circles around the Switch.

We get it. You love the Dreamcast to death. Dreamcast > any other console ever made. Now take a chill pill.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Raithos
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Thu May 18, 2017 1:05 pm

BTW since it's launch in japan the DC got 92 games.

Switch after 3 months will have 52... (and at the end of the year 9 months in will have those 6 pretty strong exclusives :D)

So...

And buy that bra :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: I bought Thumper. I'll give my impressions later.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Thu May 18, 2017 2:07 pm

The Switch already has more than 19 games idk wtf Kintor is on about. Just fangirling I guess. Might not be triple AAA but still.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guid ... ed|des|-|-

Raithos has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming