Nintendo Switch

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Yes, the best company around. It's not only a multinational that makes games that are not shitty sonics, it's also the friend, the caring mother, the lover, the cheese of the nachos.

I know what you mean.

shredingskin has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Raithos, south carmain
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Well since you said nachos. I'm a corpulent man who likes his nachos. Yes Nintendo is the Nacho king and our lord and savior! I'm the NACHO MAN! Need a little excitement?! Snap into a Switch!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:42 pm

I hope they won't port filthy sonic to switch, it would really tarnish it's quality.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Bluecast
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:43 pm

It's got too much third party support ATM. Agree.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Bluecast
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:46 pm

:lol: This is why I came back. I missed this.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Bluecast wrote: :lol: This is why I came back. I missed this.

phpBB [video]

Apparently all the people that played SMO were very pleased:
phpBB [video]

So fucking hyped.

I'll be you 1-up girl is a stupidly cute quote. Loving the fucking song.

shredingskin has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Raithos
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Do you guys think after the Switch port of Sonic that Knuckles will be in Smash?
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:29 pm

Raithos wrote: Do you guys think after the Switch port of Sonic that Knuckles will be in Smash?

I mean, that would be cool, but I would prefer Shadow! Shadow the Hedgehog is by FAR the best game in the Sonic series. Just think about it! Shadow could have different types of guns as his moves, he could jump on a motorcycle when he dashes, and he could use Chaos Control as his final smash! Time would slow down and he could beat up all his opponents and they wouldn't even stand a chance! He could even say "Damn" occasionally, which would finally give Nintendo the edge it needs so it can stop being a baby console.

Thief has received a thanks from: south carmain
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:45 pm

Thief wrote:
Raithos wrote: Do you guys think after the Switch port of Sonic that Knuckles will be in Smash?

I mean, that would be cool, but I would prefer Shadow! Shadow the Hedgehog is by FAR the best game in the Sonic series. Just think about it! Shadow could have different types of guns as his moves, he could jump on a motorcycle when he dashes, and he could use Chaos Control as his final smash! Time would slow down and he could beat up all his opponents and they wouldn't even stand a chance! He could even say "Damn" occasionally, which would finally give Nintendo the edge it needs so it can stop being a baby console.

I agree, shadow the edgehog is waaay cooler than baby sonic.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:16 pm

Please, its clear who the best is. Amiibro is in the spoiler.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kintor » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: All it says is that there's nothing to announce currently, not confirmation that it's not coming at all. The game is a port of a game that got a release in the US, so you can bet your ass it will get a Western release.

You'd better not get your hopes up about this game ever getting a Western release. There is already plenty of precedent for Capcom to avoid supporting the Switch. Most recently both The Disney Afternoon Collection and the Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 were announced, yet neither is getting a Switch release. Quite a precedent really, even though both collections emulate games originally for Nintendo consoles (that got a Western release) Capcom has decided that a Switch version simply isn't feasible. So it's not surprising that Capcom won't be releasing Monster Hunter XX in the West, when even these retro collections don't warrant the effort of being ported to Nintendo's hardware.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:50 am

Kintor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote: All it says is that there's nothing to announce currently, not confirmation that it's not coming at all. The game is a port of a game that got a release in the US, so you can bet your ass it will get a Western release.

You'd better not get your hopes up about this game ever getting a Western release. There is already plenty of precedent for Capcom to avoid supporting the Switch. Most recently both The Disney Afternoon Collection and the Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 were announced, yet neither is getting a Switch release. Quite a precedent really, even though both collections emulate games originally for Nintendo consoles (that got a Western release) Capcom has decided that a Switch version simply isn't feasible. So it's not surprising that Capcom won't be releasing Monster Hunter XX in the West, when even these retro collections don't warrant the effort of being ported to Nintendo's hardware.

I'm not getting my hopes up, because I don't really care about Monster Hunter. What you're using for comparison are two different things. Games that aren't getting a Switch release (yet), and a game that is getting a Switch release but no Western translation (yet).
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Kintor » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:09 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: I'm not getting my hopes up, because I don't really care about Monster Hunter. What you're using for comparison are two different things. Games that aren't getting a Switch release (yet), and a game that is getting a Switch release but no Western translation (yet).

All three games are conspicuous in their absence from Nintendo's Western line-up. The loss of even these retro collections, comprised mostly of old NES and SNES games, speaks volumes about Nintendo's deteriorating relationship with Capcom. It seems more than ever that Ubisoft is just about the only major publisher left in the world still willing to support Nintendo. For the life of me I don't know why Ubisoft even bothers at this point.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Nintendo Switch

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:26 am

Kintor wrote:
TwiceFriedRice wrote: I'm not getting my hopes up, because I don't really care about Monster Hunter. What you're using for comparison are two different things. Games that aren't getting a Switch release (yet), and a game that is getting a Switch release but no Western translation (yet).

All three games are conspicuous in their absence from Nintendo's Western line-up. The loss of even these retro collections, comprised mostly of old NES and SNES games, speaks volumes about Nintendo's deteriorating relationship with Capcom. It seems more than ever that Ubisoft is just about the only major publisher left in the world still willing to support Nintendo. For the life of me I don't know why Ubisoft even bothers at this point.

Those games are on the 3DS. It says less about some kind of perceived deteriorating relationship with Capcom than it does the Switch being new and unproven as of yet. When those 3DS owners jump on board (not if, when) you'll be seeing those ports, and if the Switch keeps up it's current pace you may see them even sooner.

Although the lack of a MML announcement as of yet is a real head scratcher. It would be an easy port, cost Capcom virtually nothing, and would be a perfect fit on the Switch. The only semi-plausible explanation I can come up with is that those games are already going to see a release on the Switch VC, and Capcom can make a lot more money selling them for 5 bucks a pop than as a 20 dollar compilation. Then again, the game is on the 3DS and that has all those games on VC too, so I don't know. But, it definitely doesn't have anything to do with Capcom not willing to support the Switch, because that wouldn't make any sense either when porting that game digitally is basically free money regardless of the install base size.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Kintor » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:18 am

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Although the lack of a MML announcement as of yet is a real head scratcher. It would be an easy port, cost Capcom virtually nothing, and would be a perfect fit on the Switch. The only semi-plausible explanation I can come up with is that those games are already going to see a release on the Switch VC, and Capcom can make a lot more money selling them for 5 bucks a pop than as a 20 dollar compilation. Then again, the game is on the 3DS and that has all those games on VC too, so I don't know. But, it definitely doesn't have anything to do with Capcom not willing to support the Switch, because that wouldn't make any sense either when porting that game digitally is basically free money regardless of the install base size.

It's quite obvious why Capcom is no longer willing to support Nintendo, the userbase of the Switch is tiny and the hardware itself isn't capable of properly supporting digital content. Nintendo fans tend to downplay the Switch's lack of memory but it's a serious problem that pushes most gamers away from Nintendo's hardware, when buying a Switch also means spending extra money on a SD card to compensate of the Switch's severe lack of memory. Which is a problem further compounded by Nintendo's less then rudimentary approach to digital content, with most of the Switch's planned network features have been delayed until 2018. This simply isn't acceptable in the 21st century and it's a compelling reason why Capcom is no longer release games on Nintendo platforms, it's just not worth the effort.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming