Nintendo Switch

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Simple solution: never stop playing.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby drunkensailor » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 am

huge kick in the nuts happened to nintendo and the switch at e3 imo. I'm a huge monster hunter fan and the new major monster hunter game isn't just going to be multiplat (ps4 and xboxone) it's not going to be released for switch at all! pretty big surprise to me and again a testament that 3rd party developers are really shitting on the switch power.
drunkensailor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: gjb1985
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Raithos » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:45 am

The Switch is getting an exclusive MH title later this year though, Monster Hunter XX I think its called. Hasn't been confirmed for the west yet but it most likely will be.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:58 am

Raithos wrote: The Switch is getting an exclusive MH title later this year though, Monster Hunter XX I think its called. Hasn't been confirmed for the west yet but it most likely will be.

According to the guy who leaked Monster Hunter World, the Monster Hunter team is working on an exclusive Switch title. Apparently, Sony cock-blocked Capcom from releasing World on the Switch.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:41 pm

MHXX is a port of a 3DS game that already came to the US for 3DS. Capcom has said they don't plant to port the Switch version right now to the west. As for good guy developers check this.

IGN has more on the new Switch version of Rocket League. The site spoke with Psyonix vice president Jeremy Dunham and producer Bobby Garza about the game.

Psyonix is including all features from other versions on Switch. This includes Season mode, Hoops, Drop Shot, Rumble, and Snowday. Up to eight Switch units will be supported with local multiplayer, and up to four players to play splitscreen when the Switch is docked and two when undocked.

We’ve heard that the team is targeting 60 frames per second on Switch. That includes splitscreen as well, but we won’t know for sure until release. Other potential features like motion control and HD Rumble are also undecided.

Garza also touched on how games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS inspired them in developing Rocket League for Switch:

“The fact that they’re getting 60 fps docked and undocked, even in splitscreen [with two players in Mario Kart 8] is a huge thing for us. And then how seamless the multiplayer experience is. Their lobby system isn’t as complex as ours, but it’s so easy to use.”

“We weren’t entirely sure it (local multiplayer) was going to be possible for a lot of technical reasons, but I thought we should absolutely try it after playing through the Mario Kart [multiplayer].”

http://nintendoeverything.com/rocket-le ... ther-news/
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Just gonna put this here because I don't want to watch it
phpBB [video]

But tell me your impressions
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:11 pm

I can do a mean David Bowie and Macho Man Randy Savage, dig it.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TwiceFriedRice » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Bluecast wrote:MHXX is a port of a 3DS game that already came to the US for 3DS. Capcom has said they don't plant to port the Switch version right now to the west. As for good guy developers check this.

IGN has more on the new Switch version of Rocket League. The site spoke with Psyonix vice president Jeremy Dunham and producer Bobby Garza about the game.

Psyonix is including all features from other versions on Switch. This includes Season mode, Hoops, Drop Shot, Rumble, and Snowday. Up to eight Switch units will be supported with local multiplayer, and up to four players to play splitscreen when the Switch is docked and two when undocked.

We’ve heard that the team is targeting 60 frames per second on Switch. That includes splitscreen as well, but we won’t know for sure until release. Other potential features like motion control and HD Rumble are also undecided.

Garza also touched on how games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and ARMS inspired them in developing Rocket League for Switch:

“The fact that they’re getting 60 fps docked and undocked, even in splitscreen [with two players in Mario Kart 8] is a huge thing for us. And then how seamless the multiplayer experience is. Their lobby system isn’t as complex as ours, but it’s so easy to use.”

“We weren’t entirely sure it (local multiplayer) was going to be possible for a lot of technical reasons, but I thought we should absolutely try it after playing through the Mario Kart [multiplayer].”

I said exclusive game for the Switch.
TwiceFriedRice
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Nintendo FC: Skillgore31
Steam: SkillgoreK

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 pm

TwiceFriedRice wrote:
Bluecast wrote:MHXX is a port of a 3DS game that already came to the US for 3DS. Capcom has said they don't plant to port the Switch version right now to the west. As for good guy developers check this.

I said exclusive game for the Switch.

Didn't see your post. Was responding to Raithos. Should have quoted him.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: TwiceFriedRice
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Coromasta » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:28 pm

Got a switch now + zelda, thanks to my soon to be wife.
Still busy with our newly bought home though, so not alot of time for it atm.
Props to nintendo for making patches a breeze, the system update en game update for zelda downloaded and installed in 2 mins.

Coromasta has received a thanks from: Axm
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 am

The new zelda master trials is getting on my nerves, I end up dying very easily (mostly by my own bombs).

But still...

I'll keep looking at the cute FFXV guys.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:45 am

Coromasta wrote:Got a switch now + zelda, thanks to my soon to be wife.

Did you spontaneously pop the question upon opening the gift? :D
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Coromasta » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:55 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Coromasta wrote:Got a switch now + zelda, thanks to my soon to be wife.

Did you spontaneously pop the question upon opening the gift? :D

Haha nah, we've been engaged for almost 2 years now. We're getting maried this Wednesday, and the switch was something like a housewarming gift.

Coromasta has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Coromasta

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:23 pm

Splatoon 2 preorder available at walmart for $46.81 if you select in store pickup. It's a buck cheaper than Amazon prime and GCU. Preordering with Walmart also seemingly has the benefit of not charging sales tax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Splatoon-2-N ... h/52901844
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Splatoon is very fun, specially if you're on a winning streak.

I barely touched the singleplayer, and still don't get how the fuck can I wrap to the players, but whatever.

But it feels like the Switch is just an online MP console right now (for games that I wouldn't pay 60 buck anywhere else).
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming