The Silver Case Remake

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: The Silver Case Remake

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:45 pm

Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby shredingskin » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:25 pm

Well...

Boner games are really a thing apparently.

Is Machi a game someone else want to play ??

EDIT: WTF I can't download it for some fucking reasoon.

EDIT2: chrome, edge did not start the link (not even steam), I had to use internet explorer. WTF
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby shredingskin » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:45 pm

WOW japanese guys can't do PC games.

Really, we should send some UE books to the Shenmue team.

WOW and it crashed in the woods.

WTF is japanese pc gaming ??

more edits: apparently I just lost around 3 minutes... Pretty meh gameplay.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:47 pm

Ran smoothly without a hitch. Was only like 15-20 minutes long but has me intrigued to see more. Especially that surprise callback at the end. Music and atmosphere is phenomenal and glad to see they retained the slick presentation. Hyped for the Autumn release date now.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Didn't play the whole thing, but yeah, it ran just fine for me. Loved the style of it, and I really like that the 3D graphical elements aren't very advanced or anything; they actually do feel like something that might have been in the original PSX version, just smoothed out. Very nice.
I'd almost forgotten that this was going to be PC, digital-only though. Made me oddly sad all over again. :lol:
All the same, it's still a damn miracle we're even getting this to begin with. Almost more unlikely than Shenmue III once seemed.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:50 am

The game starts running video on a window... bad sign.

Then I had various problems, having any other video application running did kill the game (not actually but playing at like 5 fps, audio glitching and all).

I was running unity at the time, I thought it was because I was baking a scene (that it's intensive work), but the problem was still there after baking. Maybe it's because I have external audio interface and it's not instantiating right the device, who knows, but in order to play it I had to exit pretty much everything.

Also alt-tab doesn't work in the game, it just keeps running in the background.

Similar problems to what deadly premonition had when it was released.

Japan should really step up their pc programming.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:53 am

^Except this isn't being programmed by Japanese, it's being handled by an American localization/developer team (the original PSX release was by Grasshopper Manufacture though, that was back in the late 90s, they program their games weirdly, so i can only imagine how hard it has been for the new guys to repurpose it for PCs). That bit about the FMV running in a window, it's a deliberate design choice that was in the original PSX game rather than an issue with poor performance [chalk it up to wanting to emulate the look of seeing scenes from a computer, like a video feed]. It's still WIP at the moment anyway, hopefully they'll iron out most compatibility issues before release. I wouldn't rank this against Deadly Premonition's performance issues just yet, at least it doesn't run in 15fps (locked 60fps; it does use up 100% of your GPU though according to most of the others that have played it, so that might explain your issues with performance) and has no difficulty loading. The UI is confusing in the adventure game section though.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Why would a graphic novel use 100% of the gpu if ?? That's a good question. There are barely vertices to be stored in vram, well, barely anything.

Didn't know about the windowed stuff at the beginning was an aesthetic choice, but since it ran like shit I gave it to bad programming.

In wiki they say that both developers are japanese (grasshopper and active gaming media).

I also didn't feel the navigation system, but I could live with it. Can't say much more, since I really don't know about the game.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Okay. Four posts about how you don't like it and think it's shitty, from the download not working, to the game itself not being your thing, to how the Japanese don't understand how computers work.
You don't dig it. I think you've made yourself clear.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Better learn to read before trying to write.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:05 pm

shredingskin wrote:
Well...

Boner games are really a thing apparently.

Is Machi a game someone else want to play ??

EDIT: WTF I can't download it for some fucking reasoon.

EDIT2: chrome, edge did not start the link (not even steam), I had to use internet explorer. WTF

Not sure what "boner games" or Machi have to do with anything, but I'm pretty sure I understood the "had difficulty downloading" message just fine. Y'know, double use of "WTF" and all.
shredingskin wrote:
WOW japanese guys can't do PC games.

Really, we should send some UE books to the Shenmue team.

WOW and it crashed in the woods.

WTF is japanese pc gaming ??

more edits: apparently I just lost around 3 minutes... Pretty meh gameplay.

Double "WOW" at how bad the Japanese are with PC games.
Also a third "WTF."
And apparently you think the gameplay is "meh."
I think I got all that. Capitalization is a powerful communicative tool.

shredingskin wrote:
The game starts running video on a window... bad sign.

Then I had various problems, having any other video application running did kill the game (not actually but playing at like 5 fps, audio glitching and all).

I was running unity at the time, I thought it was because I was baking a scene (that it's intensive work), but the problem was still there after baking. Maybe it's because I have external audio interface and it's not instantiating right the device, who knows, but in order to play it I had to exit pretty much everything.

Also alt-tab doesn't work in the game, it just keeps running in the background.

Similar problems to what deadly premonition had when it was released.

Japan should really step up their pc programming.

More technical problems, i.e. the Japanese suck with computers. Got that part too.
shredingskin wrote:
Why would a graphic novel use 100% of the gpu if ?? That's a good question. There are barely vertices to be stored in vram, well, barely anything.

Didn't know about the windowed stuff at the beginning was an aesthetic choice, but since it ran like shit I gave it to bad programming.

In wiki they say that both developers are japanese (grasshopper and active gaming media).

I also didn't feel the navigation system, but I could live with it. Can't say much more, since I really don't know about the game.

Broken sentences aside, more technical stuff about how the technical stuff is bad.
"Also didn't feel the navigation system" = second time mentioning how the gameplay isn't really your thing.

So, tell me again how I apparently don't know how to read?
Moving past your failed attempt at a clever jab, the point I was making is that if you're not looking forward to something, it's okay to just make your case and move on. If someone makes a topic about the next DBZ game, I'm not going to go quad-posting in it about how bad DBZ is. No reason to go raining on something others might be into.
Not a rule, just basic etiquette.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:32 pm

In the way that you haven't played the game and keep talking out of your ass.

They released a demo that runs poorly (for a VN that shouldn't challenge any pc), the navigation system (at least in the woods section) felt weird, and the game crashed on me.

Sadly I want to play the game, but I'm talking about a 30 min. demo that was subpar. Nothing I said is hating on the game, and if you could just played it you could see that there weren't any choices/interactions to be made for most the demo (hence the "gameplay meh"), the screen layout and the design looks slick. I know that I was drunk when writing the post, but there's not a single thing there that is "hating".

I can't talk about the game because you consider I don't like it or I'm just "hating" ?? Sorry but that's not how it works, you need to drink a lot of soup for that kid.

EDIT:
Another weird thing: there isn't a menu in the demo.
And now the first movie runs in fullscreen when I launch it. lol
Apparently the problem is that the game doesn't have any type of caps on refresh rates, so it must be running at whatever rate the pc can output.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:52 am

LRG is doing a physical release for the remake on PC. DRM free install with a manual, OST, comic plus a steam code.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 3156430848
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Raithos » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:01 am

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com ... er-case-pc

It will be available from today until the 20th, then gone forever. DRM free version on disc, soundtrack, art book, small manga, manual and Steam code. Individually numbered too.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:38 pm

This game could use the names of the characters besides the portaits.

Does this have a menu key ? I don't seem to find it.

EDIT: there are names, but flash very fast and are very faint, my shitty laptop Doesn't help.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming