Konami reveals Metal Gear Survive (PS4/XB1/PC)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

What do you think? (Total votes: 15)

WTF is this?
73%
I want chapter 3
13%
Awesome, will buy
7%
Konami fucked up
7%

Konami reveals Metal Gear Survive (PS4/XB1/PC)

Postby metalgearsurvive » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:50 am

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/08/17/g ... ar-survive

Neogaf Thread: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1264623&page=1

Konami exclusively reveal Metal Gear Survive, a four-player stealth co-op game set within the Metal Gear universe, due for release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC in 2017. Set directly after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, Survive sees the members of Militaires Sans Frontières not killed in that game’s finale transported through wormholes into an alternate universe, where they’re forced to battle a force of crystalline zombies and, it seems, at least one Metal Gear itself.

“Metal Gear Survive will offer a fresh take on the series’ famed stealth elements,” said Konami European president, Tomotada Tashiro in a press release, “but within a unique co-op setting that is designed for a truly engrossing multiplayer experience.” Survive will be the first full Metal Gear game made after the departure of series creator Hideo Kojima, and Konami has been unclear as to how much, if any, of the original Kojima Productions team will be working on the game. While Big Boss appears at the beginning of the game’s trailer, it remains unclear whether he, the Snake clones, or any recognisable characters from Kojima’s games will appear in the core game.
However, Konami does make clear that this is “a new addition to the Metal Gear Solid V experience”. Konami has revealed few concrete details about the game at this point, barring a teaser trailer (above), but it will be built for four- player co-op play, and will have players using brand new weaponry to fight off enemies.

A Konami fact sheet refers to the game as “survival done the Metal Gear way”. The zombie-like enemies shown are referred to by Konami as “biological threats”, and mention is also made of teaming up to take down “massive threats”, which could potentially be the Metal Gear heard at the end of the trailer.

Going by the trailer itself, the game appears to involve scavenging for resources from the destroyed Mother Base, parts of which have been sucked through and scattered out of the wormholes that transported the game’s central MSF characters. Survive will use the same FOX Engine that powered both instalments of Metal Gear Solid V. Konami will release more information following Gamescom, and we’ll update you as soon as we find out more.

Trailer
phpBB [video]

Way to kill the franchise Konami...
Last edited by metalgearsurvive on Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

metalgearsurvive has received a thanks from: Mr357
metalgearsurvive
Banned
Banned

Re: Konami reveals Metal Gear Survive (PS4/XB1/PC)

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:59 am

lol is zombies meets the division the best thing they could come up with after Kojima was gone?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Amir » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:04 am

Resident Solid?
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby metalgearsurvive » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:06 am

I added a poll, people need to have their say on this bullshit, metal gear series is getting killed.
metalgearsurvive
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:13 am

metalgearsurvive wrote: I added a poll, people need to have their say on this bullshit, metal gear series is getting killed.

To be honest I really don't give a shit about metal gear since Kojima left. They can do whatever they want with it for all I care, but this is pretty unoriginal nonetheless.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby metalgearsurvive » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 am

south carmain wrote:
metalgearsurvive wrote: I added a poll, people need to have their say on this bullshit, metal gear series is getting killed.

To be honest I really don't give a shit about metal gear since Kojima left. They can do whatever they want with it for all I care, but this is pretty unoriginal nonetheless.

Brosauce doesn't give a shit about metal gear too but I enjoy playing MGSV TPP daily.
metalgearsurvive
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:26 am

The series already had zombie-like things and wormholes, so why the hell not?

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby BlueMue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:52 am

Um, what the hell...

They can shoehorn some crazy shit about crystal zombies, portals und weird stick weapon into the MGS V story but they can't release the damn third chapter? I know I've been pondering on this often enough but seriously, what were they thinking?

Yes, MGS V had elements that went sorta in this direction already but this is just going too far. They basically create a new IP with a brand new story but are afraid to put it out on a new name and instead use the Metal Gear trademark. That's like the cheapest cash in of the name possible. Oh hey, we have this strange new game that might not interest you at all BUT HEY LOOK Snake and Miller and the Mother Base trollolololol.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit too much here. I'm not that hardcore when it comes to Metal Gear at all and maybe it will make sense that it's connected to the Metal Gear franchise later on.
But man, I really just gotta gotta process what I just saw...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:40 am

BlueMue wrote:They basically create a new IP with a brand new story but are afraid to put it out on a new name and instead use the Metal Gear trademark. That's like the cheapest cash in of the name possible. Oh hey, we have this strange new game that might not interest you at all BUT HEY LOOK Snake and Miller and the Mother Base trollolololol.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit too much here.

I don't think you are, it looks like that's pretty much what it is. Judging from that trailer at least. Releasing the third chapter instead would have been great..

Amir wrote:Resident Solid?

Yeah, looks like a hybrid of RE5 and MGSV.. I gotta say I'm not really feeling it.

Oh well. I don't think I'll be able to care much about this.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Thief » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:54 am

metal gear is dead and i'm just now looking foward to death stranding and whatever else kojima and his team end up making...

phpBB [video]
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby metalgearsurvive » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:55 am

In 2017 when both games will release

Shenmue III > Metal Gear Survive

Crapfests like MG Survive just give me more hope that Shenmue III will gain more popularity.
metalgearsurvive
Banned
Banned

Postby Rakim » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:36 pm

i went to the ign link and then googled the name of the game myself and I still think this is somehow a troll post.

Rakim has received a thanks from: Axm
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby metalgearsurvive » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Rakim wrote: i went to the ign link and then googled the name of the game myself and I still think this is somehow a troll post.

For the first time ever Brosauce ain't trolling, this shit is real and it's fucked up
metalgearsurvive
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Please tell me, no one is going to buy this shit, first then not only get rid of the creator of the franchise, they treated him with utmost contemt, while dishonoring him in the most batten, and publically humiliating way possible.

Anyone with any morals, and dignity whatso ever will downright boycott Konami forever.

There is absolutely no redeeming quality to Konami at all.

Then you have the way they treat the gaming industry, and player base ingeneral, which is sadly even worse then they treated Kojima, omg. Yea, there's no redemption for the scumbag run company.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Hahaha! ](*,) :lol:

Honestly, I cannot see myself buying any Konami product in the future, after Kojima left, so I couldn't care less about what they do with the MG franchise from now on. I don't care. That said, this just looks so plain stupid. :lol: At least I had a good laugh seeing this.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to General Gaming