Last of Us Part II

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Last of Us Part II

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:45 pm

I thought the first game was great and whenever there was rumours of a sequel I thought it would be better to let it stand alone but this got me hyped.

phpBB [video]

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: Monkei
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Re: Last of Us Part II

Postby Coromasta » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:26 pm

I totally did not expect a part 2, as in a sequel to elly and joël. I'm really excited for it, curious to when it'l release.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D6603 met Tapatalk
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Always knew it was coming. Anyone who didn't just lol.. Most anticipated game after S3. Seems we have our narrative for this one.
This looks absolutely brilliant.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Jesse » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:47 am

Really amazing teaser trailer though I wouldn't expect anything less from Naughty Dog. This was probably the worst kept secret in the gaming industry considering one of the producers said before Uncharted 4's release that they were prototyping a sequel to this before work began on U4.

Nice to see Shawn James get some love with his song "Through the Valley". TLOU is one of my favorite games of all time and I believe 100% that this can top it without question. I've said it before but I believe ND is the best studio going and has been for the past decade plus.

On the PS Blog a post was made about how 5 years have passed and Ellie is 19. Gustavo Santaolalla is also back.

So the question is when does this game get released? Sony has a crowded games window which is never a bad thing. I believe GT Sport next summer, Detroit will be the fall game next year.

Then Days Gone in 2018?

Last Of Us Part II in 2019 at the earliest?
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Axm » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:27 am

Nah Naughty Dog I believe has two separate teams. They will pump this game out by the end of 2018 at the latest. My hunch is spring 2018.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Jesse » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:49 am

Axm wrote: Nah Naughty Dog I believe has two separate teams. They will pump this game out by the end of 2018 at the latest. My hunch is spring 2018.

Cool! I didn't know about the two team split. I thought about a 2018 release and would LOVE it the only reason I am hesitant of it is because of other titles already announced and further down the pipeline.
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Monkei » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:22 am

Can't come out soon enough.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Aaron_H » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. The original was such a great game that I worry that they'll ruin it by letting things be said which should be left unsaid, for example. The problem is, once I'm into a series (game or TV etc), if they follow on, I'm in it for the long haul, no matter how bad things get. :(
Aaron_H

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:53 am

Axm wrote: Nah Naughty Dog I believe has two separate teams. They will pump this game out by the end of 2018 at the latest. My hunch is spring 2018.

After the development of The Last of Us they went back to being a one team studio while working on Uncharted 4. They've already confirmed this teaser was made about a year and a half ago and that it's still super early so I'd say 2019 is likely should everything stay on track.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Last of Us Part II

Postby Axm » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:19 am

Eh thats kinda too far out to be announcing and showing it off like this if they aren't planning a 2018 at the latest release. Don't you think? It's typically Japanese devs that pull that shit of announcing something not even nearly done yet. And PS4 is so much easier to develop for than Naughty Dog has been used to with PS3. If its 2019 the expectations will be even more ridiculous than they are already.. No my guess is Spring 2018! And same day as Shenmue 3 cause fuck us right?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:52 am

A mid 2019 release would be 2 and a half years away since we're almost in 2017 at this point. That's how long it took us to get Uncharted 4 after the first announcement. That would also give the team about 3 years for the whole project should they have started after Uncharted 4 was done.

I'd be more inclined to believe 2018 as a possible date if Sony didn't keep stressing before the trailer that it was really early in development. Plus Sony have showed they have no issue showing games long before release with Death Stranding.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:55 pm

I still haven't played the first one but it's definitely on my to-do list. Hope the second one won't be PS4 Pro only. Yeah, I know, right now every one is saying all games will run on the old PS4 but I don't believe that. Sooner or later there will be Pro only games and I hope this isn't gonna be one of them.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Last of Us Part II

Postby Axm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:48 am

Riku Rose wrote:A mid 2019 release would be 2 and a half years away since we're almost in 2017 at this point. That's how long it took us to get Uncharted 4 after the first announcement. That would also give the team about 3 years for the whole project should they have started after Uncharted 4 was done.

I'd be more inclined to believe 2018 as a possible date if Sony didn't keep stressing before the trailer that it was really early in development. Plus Sony have showed they have no issue showing games long before release with Death Stranding.

Guess what, I just watched a PSX panel with Joel and Ellie's voice actors and Neil Druckman.
Turns out they started working on the game 2 years ago. Now I would say a 2018 release is in the bag for us. 3-4 years is a long time. More than alot of games, especially a sequel on easier to develop for hardware and a dev team that knows what they are doing.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Kiske » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:52 am

I've to confess, I've never made it to the end of "The Last Of Us".

This gamed caused me stress like few other games did. (To be clear, I'm not really into "horror" genre... for this reason)

That's a shame because I literally loved it.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:09 am

Agree with it or not, I found this funny:

Let's Get Sweaty has received 3 thanks from: Axm, Coromasta, Monkei
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist