New Atlus Game: ReFantasy - A Fool's Journey Begins

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

New Atlus Game: ReFantasy - A Fool's Journey Begins

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:34 am

So Atlus announced a new Project called ReFantasy. It's hard to say, what it really will be. At one point you can see a person who seems to be a knight, so it's probably something like a medieval European setting?

Anyway, since it's an Atlus game I reckon it's gonna take at least 4 or 5 years from now until release but here is the first trailer.

phpBB [video]
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: New Atlus Game: ReFantasy - A Fool's Journey Begins

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:29 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: Anyway, since it's an Atlus game I reckon it's gonna take at least 4 or 5 years from now until release but here is the first trailer.

Persona series isn't the only games they make. It may shock you, but they released Catherine, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Trauma Team, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Growlanser IV, Devil Survivor and Devil Survivor 2 since the release of Persona 4 and until Persona 5's release, all in a timely fashion. That's not even counting all of those damned Persona 4 spin offs on Vita/3DS/PS3 and ports/remakes of Persona games on the PSP. Persona 5 was the exception to the rule for Atlus due to how they got moved from their former parent company Index to being bought by SEGA, Index being under investigation by Japanese authorities, moving from being solely on PS3 to making the game almost from fresh on PS4 etc. At least they didn't change directors.

Having said that, this will take a while definitely since they are just opening up a new studio in Atlus. This is being headed by Katsura Hashino, director/lead designer of SMT3: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Persona 3, Persona 4 and Persona 5 since he wants to make stuff outside of MegaTen. So I think this will be interesting, especially since it's the first time that team at Atlus has made a fantasy RPG. Hopefully they will give it a good twist and it will be interesting to hear what kind of music Meguro produces for such a project, since he's never done anything like this before.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Stunning Imagery, I just kept thinking "this is an Atlus game?", wow. Much more video and information will have to be had to get a good grasp on it. But from looking at those images, it definitely teases in the right way I think. It looks a bit like LotR and GoT, which to me is never a bad thing, good to Atlus trying something new and expanding their catalogue as well.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Jesse » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Looks neat and it's nice that Studio Zero is what will be Atlus' Persona team new idea chamber going forward. I can't find anything from a ign or gamespot article about Hashino leading the Persona team in the future which is surprising.

When does everyone think this game hit retail in 2019?
Jesse
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Jrockstr

Return to General Gaming