Xenoblade 2

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Xenoblade 2

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:20 pm

im Pumped, if only I had a Switch, I can maybe see my self playing this come tax time when I will likely get a Switch. However, I can still look at the nice Special Edition packaging in the mean time, debating if I should go ahead and get the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro controller now so im totally ready when I finally get a switch, but $75 for it??!

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switc ... ion/153472
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Yeah the price of Switch accessories are a bit insane. The Joy-Con sets are like $80 :shock:

A pro controller is a must though if you ask me. Its way more comfortable to use during long sessions at home. You can def get a normal one on sale tho, I think they were around $60 during the past week. But normally they are $70 lol.

So for $5 more you can get a Xenoblade one. I've actually been trying to sell mine to any friend that will take it lol. I want the XB one, but only if I can sell mine.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Thief » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Yeah I'd recommend getting a Pro Controller. For me, the Joycons are among some of the worst controllers nintendo has put out, but the pro controller is top notch. It really should have been included with the console... but oh well. I personally hate playing the switch in portable mode, because of the joycon controllers, but thankfully I can completely ignore the portable function this time around (if I want).
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:35 pm

phpBB [video]
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Seems like the game is very very solid, despite not being for everyone and the combat can be quite hit or miss.

I'm very interested. Is this gonna be one of those "nintendo legacy games" that won't get discounted in a long way or there may be something in the future ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:35 pm

http://rpgamer.com/games/xeno/xenoblade ... trev1.html

Wow, it got a perfect score from RPGamer! What is really surprising me is the Perfect Story score they never give that out! Also the fact that HCG was saying that XC2 was reminding him of story quality of that of the PS1 era... I am so stinking excited about this game and I will have no way to play it until idk when yet. I will get to it eventually though!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Man, what a bunch'a jokers!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:04 am

Yeah, this game is supposed to suck and have horrible character designs and battle system concerns just like all the cynicals have been gabbing about
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:44 am

Well, to be fair, as someone who has no reason to look forward to the game to begin with (haven't bothered with Xenoblade, don't have a Switch), those character designs are pretty bad.
The game itself looks fine, they just aren't doing themselves any favors with such uninspired art design. Looks like just about any old B-grade JRPG from the past fifteen years.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:09 am

In case someone thought I was knocking the game, or the review score...

Raithos wrote:Man, what a bunch'a jokers!

That's a quote from Reyn in Xenoblade 1 lol. Figured AG would know that right off the bat, guess not.

I personally think the art design looks great in action and the character models are a huge step up from the past two games. I was a bit iffy at first but the more I saw it the more I came around.

For me it blows the door off stuff like FFXV and its semi realistic copy paste emo kid design that we see over and over. That stuff is beyond played out to me. This fits the world design they've been using better.

Everything I've seen of the game play looks amazing. What I've heard from the soundtrack has been great so far too. If the story lives up to XBC standards then we have a real winner here.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:59 am

OL wrote: Well, to be fair, as someone who has no reason to look forward to the game to begin with (haven't bothered with Xenoblade, don't have a Switch), those character designs are pretty bad.
The game itself looks fine, they just aren't doing themselves any favors with such uninspired art design. Looks like just about any old B-grade JRPG from the past fifteen years.

oh gee, here comes one now...

AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:57 am

Everytime there was any single piece of Final Fantasy XV news we had to put up with your constant moaning about how you didn’t like the look of it yet you don’t like people saying it about a game you like the look of...

Riku Rose has received a thanks from: OL
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 pm

phpBB [video]

Have some more HCG with the unboxing of the Special Edition! And it looks like a great package, and mine should be here soon! I love the front cover art and the bumpy raised lines really give it some depth. Also the designs of some of the art work he shows from the art book are just stunning and a decent amount of tracks on the cd, nice nice.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:54 pm

So we had a few visits this week from studios, publishers, etc (I'm on a game design course), and Nintendo was one of em. Had a fuckin shit ton of lectures to sit through but the positive was that there was a loada new hardware to play about with. Most went for the Vive coz they're young, stupid, and reckon they can produce a VR game for one of their assignments (despite the fact one of the lectures was about how difficult it is to work with VR and AR)

Anyway to cut a long story short that meant the Switch was up for grabs. There's a messy water of making a build for Wii-U and emulating it on Switch so I just did that to free up some time. That meant while everyone was flailing their arms about like a pit of retarded octopodes having a seizure, I was sat on my arse playing on the Switch.

Mario Odyssey was pretty easy to put down and forget about, and the only other two games were that XCOM Mario/blackface-lookin white rabbits one and Xenoblade 2. I remember liking Xenoblade Chronicles before suddenly becoming bored shitless, so I thought "they've probably improved on it considering the feedback", which lead me to playing it pretty much non-stop since Tuesday (I had to justify it by agreeing to write a dissertation on it...)

Whilst I could just copy and paste my notes, they're not very coherent. And guess what that's a fantastic metaphor of? Why this game of course!

Honestly, I never imagined I could ever play anything as dull as Deadly Premonition, yet here we are. An absolute technical cluster fuck with nonsensical plot elements, drab predictable character design, bizarre dialogue, and... well, I could go on, but I really can't stray too far from academic language else it'll take a good few hours to get back into the swing of things for the dissertation.

Mark my words, this is perhaps the worst game released this generation. People wonder why the Japanese game industry is dying and it's coz of shit like this. At least the likes of CoD and AC have consistency to them, but I genuinely can't begin to describe how bad this game is without you playing it first, which I simply cannot recommend.

Put simply, if someone has a gun to your loved one's head and threatened to pull the trigger unless you play it... do yourself a favour and start picking out flowers for the funeral. Oh, and do others a favour too by burning any copy you see.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's worse than Deadly Premonition, and I know a lot of you actually liked it, but my God... just imagine how much I can't stand that game... that is exactly how you'll feel about this fucking avalanche of post-vindaloo diarrhea.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:36 pm

^I’m jealous of you, you got to realise what a waste this game is without spending a penny. I picked the game up after work as I’ve not played anything since Mario Odyssey and thought this would see me through to Christmas. Having played it for the evening this is the biggest regret I’ve had buying a game since I’ve payed full price for something I’m never touching again. Normally I give a game 2-3 go’s to give it a fair shake to grab me but I’ve been playing all evening waiting to get to the game becoming good only for it never to come.

The characters are fucking shocking, we was taking the piss out of Sonic for saying they will win using friendship and the guy actually says that exact thing in this! The voice acting also sounds like it was done 20 years ago when shit voiceovers were acceptable, I heard the same line about 200 times in battle in one session playing. You can also tell Monolth helped make the last Zelda game as they’ve just decided to steal things from the series like a woman who turns into a sword because I guess they don’t have any original thoughts themselves.

I spent quite a long time playing this and that’s only because it takes so long to do anything or go anywhere. Half my evening has been spent in tutorials, most of which were poorly explained so I watched a YouTube video instead. Having lots of things to do in combat doesn’t make it deep, it still has to be good. I’m sure fans will go on about how vast this game is but that’s not a benefit, maybe it would be if the world was full to explore but it’s just big for the sake of it with nothing interesting in it.

I can imagine the idea of playing this for 100 hours is fun if you’ve literally got nothing else going on in your life but I’d rather spend my time watching a clock. The idea of opening the second door on my advent calendar excites me more then the idea of ever playing this again.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming