Xenoblade 2

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Xenoblade 2

Postby Raithos » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:03 am

phpBB [video]

Raithos has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Xenoblade 2

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:33 am

Well I've seen enough. Nintendo Switch Purchase confirmed. Its funny because I have been contemplating taking it back old school and playing Xenogears again, for the 3rd time. I have been listening to the music from it alot lately, and the game is even sitting beside my PS3 right now ready to go when im ready.

Now Xenoblade 2, Yep thats correct folks Xenoblade Chronicles X was indeed not Xenoblade 2. And oh how happy I am about that fact, damn the low quality on that video but it looks like the character designs are solid, and I think I like the direction of the visuals, although it seems that Chronicles X may actually have better graphics than this game? Not quite sure but either way I still like the visual style, and look at that music team YES! What an unexpected treat this is, had no idea, great job Monolith coming with something I actually really wouldnt mind! But it has high standards to live up to against the likes of the original Xenoblade, we shall see. Cant wait for this one!

Also

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:55 am

Hell yeah man. This being a direct sequel made my day. I was watching the presentation with my friend just chilling on the couch. Saw the Monolith Soft logo, sat up quick and I was like HOLY SHIT and scared her lol. I like the art direction a lot and look forward to hearing more about the story and if/how it ties to the first game. Might be time for a new play through!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:18 pm

Yes, please. Xenoblade Chronicles and X are two of my favorite JRPGs of all time. Preordered.

Anonymous81 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Raithos » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:59 pm

phpBB [video]

Raithos has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:09 pm

I have a rather large Xenoblade collection. So I can easily say it's a game I will have in my hands launch day even without a Switch. getting one likely next year but will have something to play on it when I do. Too much PS4 stuff this year for me. This also means I need to get the OST for the 3rd time on this series. If they do another CE will get that also. Xenoblade is easily my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Raithos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Raithos » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Raithos has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:02 pm

I really don't get this. all you do is strafe enemies and press a button for a super?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:19 pm

shredingskin wrote: I really don't get this. all you do is strafe enemies and press a button for a super?

No. It's a turn based game in real time. Your character has basic auto attack but the arts have a cool down period. Arts are a skilled attack but not some Final Fantasy super attack. You need to select the right arts for the right enemies and attack at the right time otherwise can be wasted. In XCX you are better to target certain limbs of enemies. Team mates shout certain arts and you must hit them at that time for a better attack. XCX has no healing potions or healer. Just a QTE if you meet certain requirements during battle and determining your timing of the QTE determines how much you get healed. For this new game it seems you need to switch blades for 3 different arts. They seem to have simplified it as I don't see overdrive. Still the arts system is there. Spamming on them won't help you.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:00 pm

I'm embarrased to admit that I own Xenoblade for the 3DS and Wii U but have yet to play them. Chronicles I've played maybe an hour of. The Wii U one is still in the shrink wrap. :shock: I just don't have the time for these 100 hour games like I used to.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby shredingskin » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Just circle around a fire hydrant or something.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 am

Sonikku wrote: I'm embarrased to admit that I own Xenoblade for the 3DS and Wii U but have yet to play them. Chronicles I've played maybe an hour of. The Wii U one is still in the shrink wrap. :shock: I just don't have the time for these 100 hour games like I used to.

smh... fail Sonikku, fail... :no:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:24 pm

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Raithos
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Hard to believe we've got this coming out in four days followed by Ni No Kuni 2 a month later.

phpBB [video]
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 am

It seems like is going to be epic.

But I don't think I'll get it, the visual design isn''t very compelling to me, also I'm not ready for a 40 hour game that I'll never finish.

Maybe if the reviews (mostly from jrpg fans) are good I'll seriously rethink it.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to General Gaming