Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

Postby Kintor » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 am

shredingskin wrote:
phpBB [video]

Now you're putting even less effort into your posts. A couple of well-considered sentences, in lieu of this video made by someone else, would go a long way.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:13 am

I've already pointed what I thought of the demo. Most the reviews are basically "it's not terrible, but it's not good".
You should play an actual good platformer game, maybe you just forgot.
Maybe Mario ?? Apparently the new one is pretty damn great, some say GOTY.

But the real GOTY is Zelda, because Nintendo (and nintendo endorsed products) are the best.
The new Xenoblade™ 2 Switch Pro Controller looks great, even better than sonic, but everyone already knows that.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Kintor » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:11 am

shredingskin wrote: I've already pointed what I thought of the demo. Most the reviews are basically "it's not terrible, but it's not good".
You should play an actual good platformer game, maybe you just forgot.
Maybe Mario ?? Apparently the new one is pretty damn great, some say GOTY.

You haven't made any arguments so far, at best you're pointing to the opinions of other, rather then taking the time to actually address any the points I've made about the demo and retail release of Sonic Forces. There is a lot of enjoyment to be found with Sonic Forces, in all three of its gameplay modes, as an extension of Sonic Generations. Not that I'd expect you to honestly evaluate Sonic Forces on it's own merit.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby KidMarine » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:39 am

I'm so conflicted. I don't think Forces looks very good, but when I see lazy shit ignorant posts like shredingskin's I want to buy a copy out of spite.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby south carmain » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 am

phpBB [video]
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby King John Blaze » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:52 am

Henry Spencer wrote: Looks like thin corridors like the standard 3D Sonic games are nowadays. I'd prefer more open levels like we got in the first two Adventure games. Say what you will about the Adventure games but I think they had the right idea, just not great execution most of the time. Also, the art style is really bland to me now, Sonic used to have such trippy art direction like in the 2D Sonic games, is there no way they can translate that to the 3D entries? Would help make me not think it's just more of the Sonic Unleashed style art direction (which is boring).

They have not aged well (played 1 recently on the PS4), but for the same the Adventure were actually really good. Only reason people keep calling for 2D Sonic is because the 3D ones are so bad. I want a 3D Sonic. Mania looks good and I will probably get it but I don't want the next main Sonic game to be 2D.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Kintor » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:08 am

KidMarine wrote: I'm so conflicted. I don't think Forces looks very good, but when I see lazy shit ignorant posts like shredingskin's I want to buy a copy out of spite.

Hey, that sounds good to me. A sale made in spite is a sale nonetheless. :twisted:

Seriously though, if you're sitting on the fence right now it might be worth looking around for some Christmas sales.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Is Sega trying to make bad sonic games? What did we do to deserve this? Sonic Mania was great but then we get... this, which managed to take stuff from the a good sonic game (generations) and make it worse?

EDIT: Ok so my post is a bit dramatic. I barely played the game and don't even own it yet, but my hopes aren't really high for it.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:44 pm

BB is selling it for $25 on the 24th. Its value is already dropping like a rock.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kintor » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:55 am

Sonikku wrote:BB is selling it for $25 on the 24th. Its value is already dropping like a rock.

It's November, the lead-up to Christmas, even new games get heavy discounts from certain retailers. This is exactly why Sonic Forces was released now in the first place, to take advantage of that Christmas rush; a lot of families are already buying presents. Only Nintendo is too greedy and asinine to actual reduce the price of their games at Christmas, even years after release.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby King John Blaze » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:33 am

Should have just made it a racing game. Still would have been crap but would have been better than this garbage and made a lot more sense.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Kintor » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 am

King John Blaze wrote: Should have just made it a racing game. Still would have been crap but would have been better than this garbage and made a lot more sense.

No offense but you need to get some new material. This whole racing track rhetoric was boring six years ago when used against Sonic Generations and it hasn't gotten any more amusing with age. What I will say, as I've already explained in other posts, the Modern Sonic gameplay has plenty of branching paths and dynamic level designs that make use of all Sonic's abilities and not just the boost. In the case of Sonic Forces, I think that the game really starts to open up with stage 6 'Egg Gate', it's quickly becoming one of my favourite levels.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:25 am

Sonic could be the next celebrity to be accused of sexually harassing a woman and Kintor would stand by him.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: OL, south carmain
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Thief » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:07 pm

Sonic games probably get underrated from critics because of bias expectation, just like mario probably gets overrated because of bias expectation. Sonic Forces is probably an alright game by the looks of it. Whatever.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Thief wrote: Sonic games probably get underrated from critics because of bias expectation, just like mario probably gets overrated because of bias expectation. Sonic Forces is probably an alright game by the looks of it. Whatever.

I don't know. Critics were pretty fair on sonic mania and there seemed to be at least a bit of positivity surrounding forces before the demo.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming