Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

Postby Kintor » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:16 am

Riku Rose wrote:I like how you always try and use the Sonic community in your arguments like they’re known for being a very critical bunch who only like the finest games. The Sonic fanbase is mostly known for buying crap Sonic games no matter how bad they are and being closeted furries. As soon as the create your own character was announced for Forces everyone knew it was just to please the deviantart furries and not because it’s a good idea.

More personal attacks I see, it's not enough that you try and discredit me as an individual, now you'd rather imply even worse about any who dares buy and like a Sonic game. Funnily enough, the actual Sonic fanbase doesn't match the crude caricature you've put together here. There are certain qualities that Sonic fans like and other qualities not so much, which is true of any fan community. This is how both Lost World and Sonic Boom ultimately had low sales, even when Lost World was ported to PC, because those games didn't match the interests of the Sonic fanbase. To that end, Sonic Forces was created to get things back on track, as Sonic Generations and it's modern gameplay is widely regarded as a great game by the Sonic fanbase.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:26 am

A personal attack would be me attacking you. I’m taking the piss out of the Sonic fanbase. Yet saying they’re a critical bunch is very strange. When Mittens said he didn’t like Generations you claimed he clearly never played it and wasn’t allowed to form an opinion, yet It’s ok for Sonic fans not to play Lost Worlds and Boom and have an opinion.

I’d rather spend my time playing great games rather then just ok or normally bad ones because they feature a character that used to have some great games 20 years ago.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby sand4fish » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 pm

Hilarious. Now I know why the Nintendo hate topic stopped. Kintor has been busy here.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kintor » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Riku Rose wrote:A personal attack would be me attacking you. I’m taking the piss out of the Sonic fanbase. Yet saying they’re a critical bunch is very strange. When Mittens said he didn’t like Generations you claimed he clearly never played it and wasn’t allowed to form an opinion, yet It’s ok for Sonic fans not to play Lost Worlds and Boom and have an opinion.

I’d rather spend my time playing great games rather then just ok or normally bad ones because they feature a character that used to have some great games 20 years ago.

You are attacking me though, you call me a fanboy, too suggest this is a bad thing. Then just to make sure, you insult the rest of the Sonic fanbase as well, to leave no doubt that I'm bad person just because of the friends that I keep. You words are all empty personal attacks with no substance behind them, if you spent as much time thinking about Sonic games as you do trying to find new ways to insult me then this might actually get somewhere productive. It shouldn't be hard for you to grasp why the Sonic fanbase is receptive to Sonic Forces but hates Lost World and Sonic Boom, since Sonic Forces is the successor to the extremely popular Sonic Generations.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:39 pm

First joke I made was tounge in cheek and the sort of thing I’d say with a tone you’d say when joking with friends which you’ve clearly got annoyed by. Second personal insult wasn’t a personal insult, how I would know you keep company with Sonic fans I don’t know.

You seem to think I devote too much time to bashing Sonic games. Yet when someone clicks on your profile it says the topic you’ve posted in most is the Nintendo Switch one which you have been nothing but negative in.

But yet again I ask why is it ok for Sonic fans to judge Lost Worlds and Boom on a trailer but you said Mittens can’t judge Generations because you didn’t believe he beat it?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Why don't you call the sonic fanbase over here so he can talk for himself?
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kintor » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:53 am

Riku Rose wrote:First joke I made was tounge in cheek and the sort of thing I’d say with a tone you’d say when joking with friends which you’ve clearly got annoyed by. Second personal insult wasn’t a personal insult, how I would know you keep company with Sonic fans I don’t know.

You seem to think I devote too much time to bashing Sonic games. Yet when someone clicks on your profile it says the topic you’ve posted in most is the Nintendo Switch one which you have been nothing but negative in.

But yet again I ask why is it ok for Sonic fans to judge Lost Worlds and Boom on a trailer but you said Mittens can’t judge Generations because you didn’t believe he beat it?

You only pretend it's all a joke now that I've question your behaviour and pointed out how it's wrong for you to attack Sonic fans in this manner. You insult me by calling all Sonic fans closeted furries, while also claiming that Sonic fans don't understand what good quality games actually looks it. The only way that I or any other Sonic fan can take such language is to be insulted by it, with the means-spirited way you condemn a whole community of Sega fans. I'm more than happy to discuss any topic, fairly and without personal attacks, as you've seen when I question Nintendo's decisions as a company. What I've provided is substance and reasoned arguments, all you've shown in this thread is personal attacks and the cynicism to beleive you could insult a whole community without consequence.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 am

DId they already patched a good game in ? Something like Mario Odyssey ?

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Raithos
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 am

Riku Rose wrote: But yet again I ask why is it ok for Sonic fans to judge Lost Worlds and Boom on a trailer but you said Mittens can’t judge Generations because you didn’t believe he beat it?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:59 am

Kintor wrote:What I've provided is substance and reasoned arguments
[/quote]
:lol:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Kintor » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:18 am

Riku Rose wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:But yet again I ask why is it ok for Sonic fans to judge Lost Worlds and Boom on a trailer but you said Mittens can’t judge Generations because you didn’t believe he beat it?

You aren't even trying anymore, you refuse to back down on the insults you've made towards the Sonic fanbase and now you can't even put forward any new posts. If you really want to attack Sonic Generations and Sonic Forces then I expect you to put some effort in, don't just call people closeted furries because you haven't got anything else to say. All this false equivalency will get you nowhere, since you can't actually talk about the merit of Sonic Generations and Sonic Forces as excellent 3D Sonic games in their own right.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sokora » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 am

Kintor wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:But yet again I ask why is it ok for Sonic fans to judge Lost Worlds and Boom on a trailer but you said Mittens can’t judge Generations because you didn’t believe he beat it?

You aren't even trying anymore, you refuse to back down on the insults you've made towards the Sonic fanbase and now you can't even put forward any new posts. If you really want to attack Sonic Generations and Sonic Forces then I expect you to put some effort in, don't just call people closeted furries because you haven't got anything else to say. All this false equivalency will get you nowhere, since you can't actually talk about the merit of Sonic Generations and Sonic Forces as excellent 3D Sonic games in their own right.

:lol:

How old are you?
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 pm

I liked Generations and haven’t bashed it.

Riku Rose wrote:
Riku Rose wrote: But yet again I ask why is it ok for Sonic fans to judge Lost Worlds and Boom on a trailer but you said Mittens can’t judge Generations because you didn’t believe he beat it?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby south carmain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 pm