E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

Postby Peter » Mon May 01, 2017 11:48 am

Here we go, its that time of year where we start the journey towards the worlds biggest gaming event of the calendar year, the Electronic Entertainments Expo 2017. This year seen the show floor opened to the general public for the first time via purchasing tickets from the E3 official site. I myself was tempted to go, but i decided that ive spent enough money the past couple of years, and i would only want to attend the press conference which, lets face it, is a nigh impossibility unless you know higher ups for each company.
Another huge sell for this years event is the first year for "new" consoles from almost all of the major players, inclusing the PS4 pro, Nintendo Switch, and we can look forward to lots of information regarding the Microsoft Scorpio console due for release later in the year. All in all, this year seems to be set as one of the biggest E3 events yet, so lets break it down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFERENCES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EA Play - Saturday June 10, time to be announced - Twitch Link

Bethesda - Sunday June 11, time to be announced - Twitch Link

Microsoft - Sunday June 11, 2:00pm PST/5:00pm EST/9:00pm BST/10:00pm CET - Twitch Link / Xbox Link

PC Gaming Show - no announcement as of yet - Twitch Link

Ubisoft - time & date to be announced​ - ​Twitch Link

Sony - time & date to be announced​ - Twitch Link

Nintendo - time & date to be announced​ - Watch via the Official Stream

WHAT TO EXPECT

EA Play has decided to have their own press conference this year separate from E3 itself, but the timing makes it part of the overall E3 viewing. From June 10 - 12, players who attend the Hollywood based event will get hands on with the next Star Wars™ Battlefront and Need for Speed™ experiences. there will also be the opportunity to play a many of our upcoming EA SPORTS™ titles: Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18 and NBA LIVE 18. This isn't all, and more will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
Throughout the three-day event, EA will be providing you with detailed gameplay deep dives, competitive events and exclusive interviews with the development teams. So whether you're experiencing EA PLAY in-person or watching online, be sure to follow from June 10.

CONFIRMED: Star Wars, Need for Speed, Madden NFL 2018, Fifa 2018, NBA Live 2018
RUMORED: tbc

Like Microsoft, Bethesda has announced its E3 2017 press conference nice and early. The company's VP of PR and marketing, Pete Hines, has noted that its event will be the same day and same time, which makes it the Sunday before the show, starting at 7pm PT.

A company tweet also confirmed that it will be on Sunday 11 June. That means it will be live at 10pm ET and 3am UK time.

CONFIRMED: tbc
RUMORED: Quake Champions, Doom VR, Fallout 4 VR

Microsoft arguably stole press conference day in 2016, with the announcement of the Xbox One S and, more surprisingly, its next games console, codenamed Project Scorpio. It has already announced its press conference for 2017 and it has been shifted to the Sunday before the show (normally takes place on the Monday morning). So the Project Scorpio launch event will occur on 11 June from 2pm PT - that's 5pm ET and 10pm in the UK.

CONFIRMED: Nothing official
RUMORED: Lots of Scorpio information, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2

Nothing official has been announced regarding a PC Gamers show, including if there even will be one at all. I will update this with any relevant news

RUMORED: tbc

Ubisoft always hosts its press conference on the Monday prior to the show doors opening and we see no reason for that to be different this year.

RUMORED: New Assassins Creed game/additional content/movie news, new Far Cry, Rayman Legends Definitive Edition for Switch, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Steep for Switch

With PlayStation's own 4K console released at the end of last year, we don't expect to see any hardware news. The company will more than likely focus entirely on the games, much to fans' delight.

Sony is yet to reveal details of its press conference, but if it follows form, it'll take place at 6pm PT Monday 12 June - that's 9pm ET and 2am Tuesday 13 June in the UK.

RUMORED: Days Gone, Death Stranding, Detroit: Become Human, God of War, Gran Turismo Sport, Knack 2, Spider-Man, The Last of Us 2, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Yakuza Kiawami, Shenmue 3.

Nintendo's E3 will undoubtedly be all about the Switch. It doesn't hold a press conference at the show anymore, but will more than likely host an online presentation, showing off a swathe of Switch games. Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime being particularly bullish, promising the company will deliver a "big" E3 this year. Reggie promises Nintendo will be "showcasing a variety of games", meaning owners of the machine should be getting very excited indeed.

RUMORED: Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

There we go. This will be a work in progress as the coming weeks hopefully fly by. Any news articles can be posted and any changes will be made to the above list accordingly. Shenmue specific discussion has its own thread in the Shenmue 3 forum, and lets enjoy the ride!

Peter has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Mr357
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

Postby Coromasta » Mon May 01, 2017 3:23 pm

Nice, will be checking this regularly, thanks Peter.
Coromasta
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: coromasta
XBL: coromasta91
Nintendo FC: coromasta
Steam: coromasta
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Wed May 03, 2017 3:00 pm

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonys ... 0-6449775/

Sony announces for the Monday slot (US time), 2am Tuesday morning (UK time) Same location as last year.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Jesse » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:18 pm

I was wondering how is everyone's feelings on e3 so far?

I feel a bit underwhelmed for the majority of it. There's been cool moments like personally the SOTC Remake and a prequel LIS stand out in my mind the most right now. I'm surprised neither Detroit or Days Gone had a 2017 date. I was sure that Spider-Man had to be a surprise 2017 game since neither of the other ones were.

A Way Out & The Last Night look neat almost forgot to mention those.
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby SickOctopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Shadow of the Colossus, nothing else interested me, as it was all just trailers of games announced last year.

Uncharted looks good, but more of the same, Spiderman looks good, but we already knew it was coming. Days Gone looks alright, but looks to me like a bit of a Last of Us rip-off.

Very uninspiring lineup this year.
SickOctopus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: AJK1986
Steam: AllyK86
Currently playing: Life is Strange

Postby Jesse » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:34 pm

SickOctopus wrote: Shadow of the Colossus, nothing else interested me, as it was all just trailers of games announced last year.

Uncharted looks good, but more of the same, Spiderman looks good, but we already knew it was coming. Days Gone looks alright, but looks to me like a bit of a Last of Us rip-off.

Very uninspiring lineup this year.

Days Gone I feel like Sony is ready to push that out the door and concentrate on TLOU2 though we'll be lucky to have Part II by 2019.

SOTC is the one I'm most stoked for one of my favorite games ever is getting a beautiful update in HD. Once again I'm surprised no 2017 date for any of those games and no Sucker Punch IP.
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby SickOctopus » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely pumped for SOTC, the one saving grace of what I thought was an otherwise dismal showing.

Obviously disappointed at no Shenmue, but I was prepared for that. Was also hoping for some news on the Resident Evil 2 remake, but I don't think that was ever realistic.
SickOctopus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: AJK1986
Steam: AllyK86
Currently playing: Life is Strange

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

The highlights for me were The Last Night, that game with the robot suits that assraped destiny, Metro looked nice, and the BGE2 teaser (that I really hope it's not a mmorpg, but it seems like it). Ori looked beautiful too, but didn't play the first one.

I hope Nintendo can pull a BotW with Mario Odyssey at least.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:48 am

I'm super hyped for that PS4 game, Detroit: Become Human, but I do not have a PS4. maybe I'll buy one when it gets released.Probably not, though. I really wish blockbuster still existed since there is no other way for you to rent consoles these days, outside the ridiculously overpriced rent-a-center.

On the PC, ylands looks interesting. It only costs $10 to buy right now, and it has a free trial. I might check that out this weekend. I also am super interested in that pirate game Sea of Thieves. I signed up for their 'insider programme' so I can get access to early versions of the game. Hopefully they send some invites my way.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:17 am

Let me deflate that hype for you:

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Bluecast
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 am

I am a bit interested in Code Vein on PS4. So far nothing has really grabbed me. Even CV I have a mild interest in was announced couple months ago. That space game on Switch looks interesting but I dunno about attaching a giant ship to my controller. I don't expect Nintendo to announce much of anything that is new. I think it will be trailers for 2017 releases mainly.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Mr. Frozen » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:36 am

shredingskin wrote: Let me deflate that hype for you:

Eh, I sorta enjoyed Heavy Rain. Didn't play Beyond: Two Souls, though. I also get what you are sayign about the hype train. Heavy Rain sure as shit didn't live up to the hype, which is why I don't think I'll get a PS4 just for the game.

Anywho... I almost forgot about Bethesda's conference. It looks like they will be milking Skyrim for as long as possible. TES:VI? Fuck that, lets try paid mods again, but this time on consoles. Also lets make a useless VR port on the PS4. Also they are making a stand alone Skyrim card game video game? Are you fucking serious? What is up with all the card games at E3 anyway? I think almost every conference introduced at least one card game. Who is buying this crap? I got a Gwent beta invite a while ago but I never played the game because I couldn't give a single shit about playing a standalone card game on the computer. I don't even know if the game is even fully released yet, which shows how little I care about card games. Anyway, Bethesda will probably be miking skyrim well into 2020. I just want to see something about TES6, man.

Fallout 4 VR may be somewhat interesting, but it seems like you can move while standing stationary in real life, which is a recipe for motion sickness. I definitely will try it out once it is released, but I wont exactly *buy* anything. Never was that much of a Fallout fan.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kintor » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:05 am

For me the most important part of E3 is the continued growth of the VR games industry. To that end, I'm quite pleased by the variety and quality of new content being offered.

What's especially surprising is Bethesda's huge commitment towards VR: Doom VR, Fallout 4 VR and now Skyrim VR. Converting these games to VR will go a long way towards encouraging further interest in VR among gamers. A few safe bets for gamers along with the more experimental games being created.

As for new content created especially for VR I don't think that enough attention is being given to a little game called Moss:

phpBB [video]

Moss looks simply beautiful. The mouse with a sword gives a real Redwall vibe. While your avatar in the game looks like something straight out of a Studio Ghibli film. Really looking forward to playing Moss on my PSVR headset, in between epic sessions of Skyrim and Doom.

Kintor has received a thanks from: Amir
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:23 am

Beyond Good & Evil ends on a cliffhanger, and fifteen years later they're making a prequel?

The last I heard, it was going to be an extended remake, with prequel and sequel content, and I was fine with that.

Oh, and gratuitous swears uttered so very edgily by the least sympathetic player character since - well, I'm going to say it - Bubsy.

As for the online multiplayer stuff, not my cup of tea but if it's optional then fine. If getting the most out of this fondly identifiable world for other people means sharing it with username-labelled avatars behaving completely out of context I won't tell them they shouldn't, so long as it's happening in a separate instance of the game and not encroaching on my own enjoyment of the BG&E atmosphere.

Or whatever's fackin' left of it, me owl geeza...
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Kintor » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:11 am

This isn't technically an E3 announcement but the timing matches so I'll post it anyway. Holy Shit! .hack is returning!

http://www.dualshockers.com/hack-gu-las ... -remaster/

This is a complete remake of the PS2 .hack//G.U. trilogy combined into a single game, for PS4 and PC.

This is wonderful news. English copies of the original PS2 games cost a fortune on the second hand market. It's about time that .hack was put back in reach of most gamers.

And who knows... Virtual Reality is actually a thing now... this remake could be the first step towards a real .hack VRMMORPG...
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to General Gaming