Darksiders III is real and it's happening. PC,PS4,XBO

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Darksiders III is real and it's happening. PC,PS4,XBO

Postby Bluecast » Fri May 05, 2017 3:45 pm

phpBB [video]

Not totally feeling it but to be fair it is made by former Vigil devs,minus Joe mad and Ginther as Ginther works at Retro. The game is still 1 year away but what has been shown. Doesn't feel right
Last edited by Bluecast on Sat May 06, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Re: Darksiders III is real and it's happening. PC,PS4,XBO

Postby OL » Sat May 06, 2017 1:30 am

Ugh, no thanks. Something about the whole thing looked a bit off to me, so I looked it up, and according to his own twitter feed, Joe Madureira has absolutely nothing to do with the development of this game, outside of having done the original design for Fury.
And even then, the graphical style looks less like an adaptation of his artwork (as the first two games totally did), and more like someone else redrew his original design, then adapted that into a more "modern" 3D graphical style.
Blech.
No Joe Madureira = no Darksiders in my eyes. Being my absolute favorite comic artist while I was growing up, his art style and genuine 90s-comicbook influence was more than half the reason I was even into Darksiders in the first place. Without him, it's just a name.
Might end up a good game, but until that happens, I can't say I care much at all.

I'm far, far more excited for Joe Mad's new game Battle Chasers: Nightwar, developed with his indie studio Airship Syndicate. Not only is his art style all over the goddamn thing, but it's also a continuation of his old Battle Chasers comicbook, which I was absolutely nuts for back in my teens. Still have the whole series bagged and boarded like an uber-dweeb.
I only regret not knowing about the game back when it was crowdfunding. I probably would have contributed as much to that as I did to Shenmue III.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Return to General Gaming