Oculus or Vive in 2017?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Oculus or Vive in 2017?

Postby KiBa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:06 pm

In the spirit of Axm's recent dilemma, what do the Dojo masters think in terms of long term success and failure predictions, potential game libraries, quality, features, etc? Specifically, what about Zenimax's lawsuit against Oculus? Will it affect future Bethesda RPG VR compatibility?
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Re: Oculus or Vive in 2017?

Postby Sonikku » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:09 pm

I think VR will become more and more a thing as the tech gets cheaper. I personally still can't afford one, though am very eager to try VR whenever I get a chance to. But if I could have my pick, it would be Vive no question.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: KiBa
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:55 am

Mighty tempted to get Rift + Touch (it's dropped to £400 and I have a £50 Curry's/PCWorld voucher as well), but there's no games I want for it. I played with a Vive for 15 minutes and was impressed and was blown away by Rez Infinite on PS VR, but I think I'm gonna wait until the 2nd gen of current VR devices.

Amir has received a thanks from: KiBa
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Axm » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:20 pm

You know even though I already made my decision to buy the Switch and have throughly been enjoying it, I finally saw a PSVR on the shelves here in Japan. Usually they are grossly over priced due to a lack of availability. I'm talking double mark up on it. The demand here from perverted otaku is high. So I thought maybe I should buy it and resell it online in one of the Japanese online market places and make some money. Then I checked the going rate and it seems stock has been refreshed across the whole country. Shucks.
And I think Japan is really only interested in PSVR right now. I see nothing on Japanese TV shows talking about oculus or the others. Its totally a PSVR market out here.

Anyways, I still want one for myself but first I want the 5k iMac by the end of this year. Then 4k TV eventually too. Those take priority so I don't know when ill get a PSVR. Maybe I can get a slightly spooged on one randomly though. Or just wait for the next iteration.

Axm has received a thanks from: KiBa
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Mr. Frozen » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:34 am

The rift is fairly cheap now. RIght now amazon is selling it with the controllers for $400, and a $100 amazon gift card.

I would still recommend for everyone to wait for the next gen of VR devices, though. Especially if price is an issue for you. The screens are pretty crap, and there really aren't that many VR games out there that you will enjoy playing for more than 30 minutes.

Mr. Frozen has received a thanks from: KiBa
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:05 pm

holosuites and orion slave girls is all I want god damn it!

AnimeGamer183 has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Return to General Gaming