Left Alive (Front Mission + Metal Gear) - Square Enix Japan

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Left Alive (Front Mission + Metal Gear) - Square Enix Japan

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:25 pm

So this slipped under the radar yesterday at TGS conference but Square Enix announced a brand new Front Mission game that's basically Metal Gear Solid (stealth action) with mech action (the Armored Core aspect). The game is being Directed by Armored Core series director Toshifumi Nabeshima (formerly of From Software), character designs by Yoji Shinkawa (Metal Gear series artist) and Produced by Shinji Hashimoto at Square-Enix.

- The three protagonists are the people featured in the key visual. All three are isolated in the city where the game is set, and each act independently in order to survive.
- Keyword: “The One Day Incident” – The setting is a city in Russia. The game depicts a one day incident that occurs there. A war is happening in the city, and the protagonist will inevitably get caught up in the conflict.
- Wanzer – Since Left Alive is set in the same world as the Front Mission series, the walking-type mobile weapons known as “Wanzers” will appear. Although you will mainly confront Wanzers as enemies, you can also steal a Wanzer away from the enemy.
- Survival Action – The primary objective is survival. The game will have a varied setup, including traps laid out to stir up the battlefield. There is also a crafting element, which allows you to use the materials you obtain to craft items.
- The Route You Take is Up to You – For example, if you head straight to your destination, you may be in danger of having to fight enemies, but you can also take hidden paths and stay out of the enemy’s line of sight, or take a big detour far away from that area. How you progress is up to you.

- Director Toshifumi Nabeshima: “Since I always place emphasis on things that might give me a sense of accomplishment, it probably is not going to be very easy. (Laughs.)”
- On downloadable content: “We have ideas, so maybe we can do it if the main game does well.”

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: OL, Rakim
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Re: Left Alive (Front Mission + Metal Gear) - Square Enix Ja

Postby OL » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:22 am

I have absolutely no doubt that many are probably whining about this, over the fact that it isn't a new mainline, wanzer-commanding strategy game. Shucks to all that; this looks and sounds fucking cool. Love the idea (oddly enough, I've actually fantasized about a stealth game against giant robots before), the visual design is in good hands, and you probably couldn't ask for a better director for something like this. Also very cool that it'll be based in Zaftra for once (one trailer says Novo Slava, but I'm guessing that's the name of the city); unless I'm mistaken, we've never really seen Zaftra before, right? Had them as enemies, but I don't think the series has ever actually gone there.
Takes place five years after FM5, so in a sense it actually is a followup to the main series.

phpBB [video]

Maybe I'm crazy, but I almost got a bit of a Nier vibe off of the music in that trailer. Just the moody, choral style of it.
I think this game just jumped to the top of my "Good god, I want to see more" list.

OL has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Return to General Gaming