Fun With Screenshots (post yours)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Fun With Screenshots (Post Yours)

Postby Sonikku » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Sonikku has received a thanks from: OL
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Riku Rose wrote: I look forward to OL and Mitts creating a Batman comic from screenshots.

:lol: Actually not a bad idea.

Anyway, my brother and I have been playing a lot of Payday 2 lately. Finally got back into it after a long hiatus.
Lotta new masks/headgear after all the updates.
So here's John Wick and Jiro the yakuza guy wearing the raddest matching beanies imaginable. Hard to keep a straight face mid-mission with this stuff on.

And here's my current favorite mask, modified to look like it has blood smeared all over it.
It's not terrifying at all.

OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:06 pm

^That last pic is horrifying. :lol:

Rakim has received a thanks from: OL
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Clinging to the side of an enemy fighter in mid-flight...

...before moving in to face-stomp its robot pilot:

Both from Dark Void. God, this game was cool as hell. Real, genuine shame that it didn't make much of a splash back in the day. I always thought its jetpack mechanics were fantastic (while others dubbed it "hard to control"), and its various QTE-esque finishing moves on certain enemies were really stylish and cool. The 3rd person shooting was pretty basic, but there was nothing really "bad" about it. Would have really loved to see a sequel, maybe something going even further into Rocketeer territory, maybe having you fight Nazis instead of robot aliens or something. So much potential as a series, all of it wasted because no one bought the game.

All the same, it's a helluva lot of fun playing this on PC finally. Seems like every old PS3 game available on steam runs perfectly at max settings on my system, and it's nice seeing old stuff I loved in what is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much "remastered" form.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:02 am

I managed to find Thom Yorke in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

No idea how this happened, but it's golden for a screenshot

Like a true Slav

Blind or masochistic?

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: OL
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby OL » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Recently finished another playthrough of Dishonored and its accompanying DLC, The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches (probably about my fourth time through it all).
Turns out the game is very customizable as far as its HUD goes, so you can basically remove everything. Inspired me to stop every now and then specifically just to frame a few interesting HUD-less shots here and there, showing off some of the game's great art design.
Really surprised at the quality of some of it; with it being the remastered PS4 version, some of it is so smooth it actually looks like honest-to-goodness promotional material. Difficult to get action shots, since there's a delay on PS4 between hitting the share button and when it actually takes the shot, so there's not a whole lot of those. But just for admiring the environments and art design, it all works pretty well.
Took a lot of them, so there're quite a lot of images in the spoiler tags.

(Pretty proud of this last one; had to knock out Granny Rags, then keep throwing her at the bedside until she landed properly so that it looks like she's praying to the Outsider. Took a good while to get her posed right)

I'll probably do the same thing once I'm finished with Dishonored 2. Already taken some great shots in that. These games are a goldmine for the obsessive screenshot-taker.
OL
Shenmue III

Your captured video game screenshots

Postby Haruto » Sun May 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Just post screenshots using the capture button on your console or PC.

Here's a few I took of Super Mario Odyssey and the new Blaze Blue game.

Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 am

^^Merged the new topic with the old one. Changed the title to your new one, just so it's clear I'm not favoring "my" topic or anything silly like that. It's a good idea to resurrect either way. I'll pop back in with some later.

OL has received a thanks from: Haruto
OL
Shenmue III

Re: Your captured video game screenshots (merged)

Postby OL » Mon May 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Few new shots. As before, spoiler tags are just there to keep the post from taking up too much space. No spoilers present, really.

The ones from Atelier Sophie might not seem like much, but I made a little game for myself; there's usually dialogue on-screen at all times, so I've been trying to time my presses of the share button just right so I catch the images in the split-second between when a dialogue box disappears and the next appears. Tough getting it right, but they look great when you do. I like how the characters in Gust's games really "pop" against the backgrounds. They certainly aren't triple-A, but they tend to look nice anyway.

Some Dishonored 2 ones. Like my ones for the first Dishonored, none of this is from cutscenes or anything; It's all in-game angles with the HUD dropped. I like how they turned out.

Kazuma never killed nobody. No sir.

I just liked the setting for this one.

This is just from a cutscene in Nioh, but I liked how it looked anyway. Wallpaper-worthy. Still absolutely love that Yuki-Onna was a boss in this.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Haruto, sand4fish
OL
Shenmue III

Postby sand4fish » Mon May 21, 2018 9:30 pm

^ Amazing shots, specially the ones from Dishonored 2.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: OL
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Haruto » Tue May 22, 2018 12:38 am

Ocotpath Traveler-Switch and Project Nimbus Zone of the Enders 3..er I mean it may as well be on PS4. They just announced a sequel as well. Would you believe these are both using the same engine? Unreal 4

Haruto has received a thanks from: OL
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby OL » Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 am

Ha, speaking of Zone of the Enders...
The demo for the ZOE2 remaster came out today, so as I was checking that out I just started clicking the share button to take shots, and made a weird little discovery (which I'm sure has been seen by others before, but I was unaware).
During close-range combos, Jehuty's arm "stretches" at the joint to about three times its normal size (you can see how the texture is blurrier than everything else on screen). Kind of an interesting detail, something done to exaggerate the action during those split-second animations I guess. Never would have seen it without being able to take my own shots.

Game looks gorgeous by the way, even in regular ol' 1080p. I don't have 4k or VR, but this thing is still spiffy enough to warrant another purchase from me.

OL has received a thanks from: Haruto
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Mon May 28, 2018 11:22 am

It's a shame Switch can only take 720P screens as the game itself is 1080P and looks a lot better than the Wii U version. Runs nicer as well. I like the Splatoon characters and a proper battle mode. Even if this is essentially a 4 year old game. Pretty insane this is on a tablet. PSP, Game Gear and Vita wowed me like this as well when they came out.
I also have a bunch of PS4 stuff I should post at some point.

Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby ShenGCH » Tue May 29, 2018 12:22 am

A few screenshots I've taken over the past few months:

Max-imum length and girth

All it needs is a pink car and some stars and it'll be just like that famous ending screen from The Simpsons

Gimpy beard

CRAZY HORSES! WAH! WAH!

ShenGCH has received a thanks from: OL
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Haruto » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Haruto
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming