Dreamcast game from Senile Team - Intrepid Izzy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Dreamcast game from Senile Team - Intrepid Izzy

Postby Nico0020 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:04 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/senileteam/intrepid-izzy-pc-dreamcast-ps4

A little bit of Kickstarter Spam here.

This is a new game from Senile Team, the guys behind Beats of Rage (DC homebrew) and the commercial game Rush Rush Rally Racing (Dreamcast and Wiiware.) They have been working on this game for quite some time, and finally decided to open a kickstarter. It is also for PC and has a PS4 stretch goal. The KS is a bit slow it seems as the DC scene really has preorder and crowdfunding fatigue at this point.

If you have any interest in Dreamcast, indie games or platforms please take a look and consider backing it.

phpBB [video]
Nico0020
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: ONESTAR v2
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue Undub 99 Min

Re: Dreamcast game from Senile Team - Intrepid Izzy

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:31 am

Have backed. Let's hope it gets done, it looks great!
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Nico0020 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:50 am

Nice! They apparently changed the PS4 stretch goal to part of the initial goal. Hopefully that pulls in some more backers, but still have a ways to go.
Nico0020
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:00 am

Looks good. The Dreamcast needs more games and I hope they will be succesfull with it. Senile Team are a great indie developer. I loved Beats of Rage on the Dreamcast. It's a shame they had to cancel Age of the Beast.

Personally, I'm gonna pass on this one because I'm a bit short on cash this month. I'd like to get the DC version once it's out though.

I think the DC fan base has become a bit warier of crowdfunded projects recently with games like Saber Rider & the Star Sherrifs and Elysian Shadows still in jeopardy. Those games have been in development hell for quite some time now. Saber Rider did release a demo earlier this year, which looked great, though.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Nico0020 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:50 am

Yea, Elysian Shadows has been handled terribly post kickstarter. They ran such an excellent kickstarter, and were always so connected with their fans. But they have gone through so many team members and setbacks, I don't see it ending well. I do wish them the best though and hope they can make at least something one day.

Senile Team did show off more of Age of the Beast awhile back, which looked just as impressive as ever. I hope they can one day return to it.
Nico0020
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:29 am

Yeah, also Saber Rider has had a terrible history in development hell so far. The game was first crowdfunded on Pling way back in 2011 (!) as a fucking 3-D rail shooter and they asked for a minimum funding goal of 10,000 Euros which should have been a huge red flag in and of itself. It got funded but turned into a complete and utter clusterfuck to say the least.

Then they launched a second crowdfunding campaign in 2015 if I remember right, this time on Kickstarter. They were succesfull again and collected around 100k $ this time. And they also announced that the game was no longer gonna be in 3-D but would be turned into a Contra/Gunstar Heroes/Metal Slug style kind of 2-D shoot em up game. Best decision they've made in all those years so far. Right now there's been radio silence since May of this year, when they released the demo (which did look brilliant, to be fair).

And Elysian Shadows? Radio silence for almost a year now. I remember those guys used to make those Youtube videos about Dreamcast game development and they were talking about developing a VMU mini game as a part of Elysian Shadows last time I checked. I hope one day a good game will come off of all this...
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:15 pm

ES I backed and was super pumped, I think I should ask for my money back at this point, if its possible, as I don't see it ever being completed...

Which is a damn shame.
Truck_1_0_1_

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Nico0020 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:01 am

Kickstarter has 48 hours remaining. This is also available for PS4 and PC. If you have any interest, please consider backing. It is so close to its goal. Sorry to spam guys but I have a unhealthy passion for SEGA and especially Dreamcast.
Nico0020
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:22 am

It's funded. Congratulations to Senile Team. Looking forward to yet another new Dreamcast game. I'm probably gonna get this game when it's done.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to General Gaming