Valkyria Chronicles 4

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Valkyria Chronicles 4

Postby Kintor » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:20 am

Exactly what it says in the title, Sega has just announced Valkyria Chronicles 4:

phpBB [video]

No PC version at the moment but Valkyria Chronicles 4 is on PS4, Xbox One and Switch for a 2018 Western release.

Looks to be a return to the style and timeline of the original Valkyria Chronicles. Focusing on the war between the Federation and Imperials that took place alongside the events of the first game. So hyped!
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 4

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:08 am

WOW! That was a very well set up video, bravo for that edit. First it shows footage of the studio and someone narratoring about the new elements of the game and the general philosophy and direction of the project and the series in general. Then it shows a proper trailer/teaser for the game. It felt like there was some kind of emotion attached and it sounds passionate and wonderful, looks like it might be eye candy much like the original was.

Also of note PS4, Switch, Xbox One. Sega must be pulling out all of the stops for it. And its already confirmed localization, so I feel Sega is putting all of their cards on the table by announcing everything at once, and I think I like this move by them and the game looks and sounds great from what Im hearing and seeing in that video.

Perhaps they have learned a thing or 2 from Atlus about how and when to drop JRPGs. I am shocked but Sega is definitely doing it right with these moves, I feel good about this game going forward. And it gives me reason to actually play my PS4 Remaster of the Original, guess sales of that game were enough to get their attention, especially since they scratched with Valkyria Revolution.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:00 am

Looks great, hope this means we’ll also get a localization of the third game.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 am

or HD Remaster of 2 and 3... although it seems like VC1 is really the main source matrial that VC4 is drawing from.

And while we are at it Sega... Skies of Arcadia 2?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Looks good so far. Let's see what Sega can do.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:05 pm

I failed so hard on the PS4 remake of the first game without the guide I used whilst playing on PS3..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby King John Blaze » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:24 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: I failed so hard on the PS4 remake of the first game without the guide I used whilst playing on PS3..

I have a tendency in such games to ignore power ups, stat commands and so on. Done fine until I reached the final boss and could not imagine how I would beat it. Started using stat commands and boost and then beat it quite easily. Great game the first one was. Shame they never released the sequels on consoles.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Return to General Gaming