Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku

Postby sand4fish » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:30 am

This VR game gives you a glimpse of what the ultimate Shenmue experience could be like on the exploration side (as in Shenmue 2's Kowloon segment), though this particular game leans towards the thriller horror.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Like Shenmue 3, Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku is a totally crowdfunded game, stemming from a cult classic PS1 game.
Available on the Japanese PS Store, it's too bad we won't likely see it in the west.

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: Kintor, Mr357
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku

Postby Kintor » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:06 am

Definitely intrigued by this. I've always been fascinated by Kowloon as a city, even before Shenmue 2.

It will be interesting to see how accurate this VR game is to the real Kowloon. For a ramshackle city that was completed destroyed decades ago the actual layout is surprisingly well documented. I suppose I'm not the only one who saw a certain beauty in the place.

Oh well, the inaccuracies in Shenmue 2 didn't bother so I doubt it will much an issue in Kowloon's Gate VR. When it comes to depicting a place like Kowloon I think that recreating the feel of the place is the most important part.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku

Postby south carmain » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Kintor wrote: Definitely intrigued by this. I've always been fascinated by Kowloon as a city, even before Shenmue 2.

It will be interesting to see how accurate this VR game is to the real Kowloon. For a ramshackle city that was completed destroyed decades ago the actual layout is surprisingly well documented. I suppose I'm not the only one who saw a certain beauty in the place.

Oh well, the inaccuracies in Shenmue 2 didn't bother so I doubt it will much an issue in Kowloon's Gate VR. When it comes to depicting a place like Kowloon I think that recreating the feel of the place is the most important part.

going by the PS1 game it's based on, it is a pretty accurate depiction. At least structurally speaking.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Return to General Gaming