(Console) Sucks

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Mon May 19, 2003 9:35 pm

goaliefrk wrote:This goes out for the idiot named Marcel

Here's the games I own now:

Amped
Halo
Metal gear Solid 2
NFL2k3
NHL2k3
Morrowind
Splinter Cell
World series Baseball 2k3

Games I'm going to buy soon:

Shenmue II
Rally Fusion
DOA3
DOAX
Mcrae Rally 3(I can never get the name right)
Rallisport Challenge 3
PGR
Wolfenstein
XBOX LIVE
NHL 2003
Pro Race Driver
Steel battalion
Deathrow
NBA 2k3
NCAA Football 2k3
Metal of Honor
Unreal Championship
Mechassault
Blinx
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Gunvalkyrie
Ghost Recon
Tao feng
Moto GP
Moto Gp2

Here's more to come:

Fable
Halo2
PGR2
Amped 2
Sudeki
Suikoden III
Shenmue III
Dino Crisis 3
NFL 2k4
NHL 2k4
NBA 2k4
Splinter Cell:Shadow Strike
DOA 1 and 2
DOA4
Perfect Dark Zero
Conker's Other Bad Fur Day
plus tons tons more I don't even know about yet

So once again the XBOX pre-vails with flying colours. You're wrong, teehee.

Idiot? Well looking at your list of "GOOD" games you seem like the idiot for buying games that are only somewhat good... which could have been rented instead.

Metal Gear Solid 2? :lol:
AMPED?! :cry:
World Series Baseball 2k3? :roll:
Morrowind? :?
The CONKER game?! :oops:
TAO FENG?!?!?!!?!
Blinx?!

Please... you need some help... LOL
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby nessus87 » Tue May 20, 2003 2:48 pm

Just because you can buy a lot of average games doesn't mean that the system prevails with flying colors. I agree with Marcel.
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenmueplaya » Tue May 20, 2003 6:45 pm

Why would you go for Tao Feng if you already want the DOA's?
Shenmueplaya
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby goaliefrk » Tue May 20, 2003 11:13 pm

LOL, WSB2k3????? That games kicks ass. As well as Morrowind, and Metal Gear Solid. I'm sorry if you only like RPGs, but these are awesome games. And yea DOA is good, but TAOFENG is very brutal, and much more fun two players. I haven't played Blinx yet, and I own Amped and yes it's a very good and fun game too.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby nessus87 » Wed May 21, 2003 9:10 pm

I hear from everyone that TaoFeng sucks
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jacob Marley » Wed May 21, 2003 9:54 pm

goaliefrk wrote: I haven't played Blinx yet, and I own Amped and yes it's a very good and fun game too.

Blinx is one of those brilliant sleeper titles that unfortunately got passed up by a lot of gamers. Damn shame, considering the gameplay had a nice old-school angle to it with timed stages and loads of replayability...you can go through levels over and over again to root out the hidden medals and such.

And the VCR style time controls really DO add a lot to the gameplay, unlike some mags that call it a gimmick. I can't even begin to tell you the technique and strategy this feature adds to the game...don't believe anyone who has only played this game for 5 minutes at a Wal-Mart demo kiosk...it will take you a good hour before the gameplay comes together for you.

The game is inexpensive and is one of my favorites. Some patience is needed in certain areas, but overall, Blinx is a worthwhile purchase.
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby nessus87 » Fri May 23, 2003 1:14 pm

I've heard good things about the game. I hear people saying it sucks and its crap but the reviews were all above average. I am not at all planning to buy Blinx but I doubt it is terrible.
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Jacob Marley » Fri May 23, 2003 2:16 pm

nessus87 wrote:I've heard good things about the game. I hear people saying it sucks and its crap but the reviews were all above average. I am not at all planning to buy Blinx but I doubt it is terrible.

It's currently down to $19.99, so it's worth trying. Trust me on this...you need to spend about an hour or so getting the controls and technique down. Once you figure out the crystal combos and the time controls, the game suddenly begins to make sense and becomes insanely fun. Those who cut the game down are people who have (a) never played it or (b) played it in demo form, either on the OXM disc or at their local Wal-Mart or Best Buy.

Trust me when I say its a good game...I have a very low tolerance level for bad games...especially those that are 3D and on next-gen systems, so Blinx is really special for me to go out of my way to praise it as such. It's classic 16-bit style gameplay set in a 3D world...that's the best way to describe it.
Jacob Marley
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Gutcruncher » Fri May 23, 2003 3:48 pm

blinx is one of the games i wanna get soon. unless of course i can afford panzer dragoon orta
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby nessus87 » Fri May 23, 2003 4:45 pm

I'll consider it.
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby goaliefrk » Fri May 23, 2003 5:11 pm

Taofeng got a 8.7 from IGN, and Blinx got a 8.8, both those scores are very good, and yes I've played Taofeng and I really like it, it's got good graphics, and is just fun to play.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Cyberman » Mon May 26, 2003 11:55 am

nessus87 wrote:I would not hold my breath for Perfect Dark Zero. Rare's site doe not list them as games they will show at E3. Instead they will have Conker: Live and Uncut, Grabbed by the Goulies, and Kameo: Elements of Power.

I have for X-Box:
Splinter Cell
Halo
Shenmue II
Prisoner of War

I want:
Halo 2
Splinter Cell: Shadow Strike
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Shenmue III
Perfect Dark Zero
Fable

Good system but compared to the PS2 and GC it is lacking.

Do you have Ghost Recon? Man, you should get that game! It rocks!
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Mon May 26, 2003 6:56 pm

goaliefrk wrote:LOL, WSB2k3????? That games kicks ass. As well as Morrowind, and Metal Gear Solid. I'm sorry if you only like RPGs, but these are awesome games. And yea DOA is good, but TAOFENG is very brutal, and much more fun two players. I haven't played Blinx yet, and I own Amped and yes it's a very good and fun game too.

I don't only like RPGs, I just don't find MGS, Tao Feng, or any baseball games to be any fun.

I like FPS, Fighting games, RPGs, Action RPGs, Strategy games, dancing games, action games, platformers, and simulation games

Although I like action games, GTA and MGS are near the bottom of my list of games I hate heh.

MGS3 is coming out for PS2 and has not been confirmed for Xbox... you must be talking about Substance, and even if 3 does come to Xbox... it sucks on PS2 to me, it sucks on Xbox to me... doesn't make a difference lol (nice graphics though)
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby nessus87 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:41 pm

Baseball games always suck
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby nessus87 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:59 pm

Fable is going to be amazing. The interactivity and open-ended play make it my most anticipated X-Box game over Halo 2
nessus87
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming