Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby OL » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:48 pm

Brothaman wrote:
Rakim wrote: I don't think that was enough to condemn him as a racist. He was just a shitty standup and didn't know how to handle the hecklers and went crazy cuz he was scared.

Not saying I defend the video, but we should forgive Michael Richards at this point because now that the whole scandal has died down its less infuriating and more pathetic to watch.

Sorry, but his racial turrets didn't just come out of nowhere. He's obviously had those thoughts his mind for a long time for them to come out like that. Either way, his career has suffered enough so I digress.

It's always seemed to me that he was pissed that someone was heckling his show, so he tried to fire back with whatever he thought might hurt the hecklers most. And in this case they were black, so he started shouting off what he thought would be the most harmful word possible toward them. It was incredibly idiotic of him, yes, but rather than labling him a blatant racist, I think the problem is more so that he just didn't know how to censor himself.
Like when a loudmouth kid in highschool is being accosted by someone he views as threatening. The content filter turns off, and he starts saying unclever, nonsensical things about how the other person should go fuck their grandmother or something. It isn't that the kid has always thought the other person should go fuck their grandmother. It was just the most hurtful thing he could think of at that very moment.
The Michael Richards thing always struck me as being just like that.
And I'm not even a fan of Seinfeld.

OL has received a thanks from: Kenny
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Bambi wrote: Image

Haters gonna hate.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Yokosuka Martian
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Calshot wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: So... I have kind of been talking to this stripper. Shes not the first stipper I have known either ;-) But she is a gamer and we play Magic The Gathering together. Shes 19 but honestly looks about 14 or 15 with short dark blue hair and she honestly looks like an anime character I said in another topic I was watching ghost in the shell sac and she could easily be a voice actor for one of the english tachikomas shes small only weights like 100 pounds and will take it any way i give it to her, I am going to a deepest darkest pits of hell for this one, but shit why not? But that has not happened just yet cause her mom was so on her ass about everything, but we have already had a full conversation about what we were into sexually, and she me wants me to be the dom to her submissive. Its comin.

Sounds like the Magic cards aren't the only things that are going to be tapped sideways.

she has her own place now. already know. And she told me straight up she likes her outside and insides bruised before its over with, her exact words. As I said, the deepest darkest pits of hell.

Really. Everytime with the met some girl and known her for 3 seconds and we fucked posts. All I can think of

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Rakim
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Brothaman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:20 pm

OL wrote:
Brothaman wrote:
Rakim wrote: I don't think that was enough to condemn him as a racist. He was just a shitty standup and didn't know how to handle the hecklers and went crazy cuz he was scared.

Not saying I defend the video, but we should forgive Michael Richards at this point because now that the whole scandal has died down its less infuriating and more pathetic to watch.

Sorry, but his racial turrets didn't just come out of nowhere. He's obviously had those thoughts his mind for a long time for them to come out like that. Either way, his career has suffered enough so I digress.

It's always seemed to me that he was pissed that someone was heckling his show, so he tried to fire back with whatever he thought might hurt the hecklers most. And in this case they were black, so he started shouting off what he thought would be the most harmful word possible toward them. It was incredibly idiotic of him, yes, but rather than labling him a blatant racist, I think the problem is more so that he just didn't know how to censor himself.
Like when a loudmouth kid in highschool is being accosted by someone he views as threatening. The content filter turns off, and he starts saying unclever, nonsensical things about how the other person should go fuck their grandmother or something. It isn't that the kid has always thought the other person should go fuck their grandmother. It was just the most hurtful thing he could think of at that very moment.

The real problem is he couldn't control his bigotry. If he had real diverse views on race he wouldn't even bothered to go after the heckler's ethnicity. People with diverse ethnic views don't think of race first when dealing with people. His meltdown was more like an drunk person's alcohol confession. That doesn't make him a card caring klansman, but judging by the vileness of what he said...I just don't even see why anybody would try to interpret it as anything else.
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Rakim » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Do any of you guys know what movie this is from or at least who the actress is so I can figure it out:

Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Hyped, just saw Crow zero 3 has been announced.
phpBB [video]

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby wude » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Rakim wrote: Do any of you guys know what movie this is from or at least who the actress is so I can figure it out:

nip/tuck i guess

wude has received a thanks from: Rakim
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby Sonikku » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Brothaman wrote: ^ :shock:

:no:

What's so funny? A lot of nerds only have their right hand for a girlfriend.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:53 pm

^ It's funny when they lie about having one and in the worst most obvious ways. They also tell you tits feel like bags of sand

wude wrote:
Rakim wrote: Do any of you guys know what movie this is from or at least who the actress is so I can figure it out:

nip/tuck i guess

My god I forgot about that shit show. Shock value shows and just shit shallow characters awkward fucking,lots of screaming,drugs and plastic surgery,old fat lesbians.. oh and yes Julian McMahon fucks Rosie O Donnel.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Brothaman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 pm

Story of the North West Star.....

Brothaman has received a thanks from: Axm
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Excited to go to the Obon Japanese Fest on Saturday
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:14 pm

This may just be the single most awesome thing I've ever seen:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ese-stores
Toki must be pissed. He's the smallest size. :rotflmao:
It probably should have been Jagi. But then I guess nobody would buy it.

I'm actually tempted as hell to buy a box, just for giggles. I'd never use it, but man, what a conversation piece. :lol:
It's available here:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pret ... m/1229131/
Actually, on second thought, I might use one. Just so I could unleash my Hundred Crack Hump.

OL has received a thanks from: wude
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 pm

Brothaman wrote:
OL wrote:
Brothaman wrote:

The real problem is he couldn't control his bigotry. If he had real diverse views on race he wouldn't even bothered to go after the heckler's ethnicity. People with diverse ethnic views don't think of race first when dealing with people. His meltdown was more like an drunk person's alcohol confession. That doesn't make him a card caring klansman, but judging by the vileness of what he said...I just don't even see why anybody would try to interpret it as anything else.

It's like if I called an idiot who happens to be a girl a "stupid cunt". Would you think I go around thinking ALL girls are stupid cunts? Or cunts at all? Or am I just trying to piss her off the most extreme way I can without resorting to violence?

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:09 am

Well no, because he didn't just say "you cunt". Its like if you knew the girl was raped and had an abortion from her father and decided to say all that in front of everyone. Its not necessarily just a knee jerk thing. it takes knoledge and a certain amount of intent to say.

This is the same thing, he didn't just say "Oh its a buncha coons" (which is still kind of a lot) he went into slavery and stuff.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Brothaman
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Kenny » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:17 am

Well yeah...intent to piss them off. I don't know if that abortion example is on the same level, I doubt Richards knew their past personally. For all we know, they could've been well off suburban kids who had no idea what it was like to work on a plantation.

In the end, it was still wrong. He should've just told them to shut the fuck up, call security, or leave the set. That video still makes me cringe to this day.

Kenny has received a thanks from: OL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic