Justice League

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Justice League

Postby sand4fish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Mamoa's Aquaman was a no brainer to me as awesome because the actor always had that intimidating presence on screen whatever role the guy was in, but I was genuinely surprised by how Cyborg is portrayed in the trailers as he looks as cool as the rest of the cast when most people would not expect much from him (though I wish he was less CGI looking).

Anyway, more of each hero's tidbits here:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Peter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 pm

I mean the guy drinks Guinness and throws tomahawks. End of fucking story.

phpBB [video]
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby sand4fish » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:52 pm

Yeah, I can't argue on that. The guy even dwarfs Kimmel who is about 6'1.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Monkei » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:10 am

Who do you think Alfred is talking to at the end of the new Justice League trailer? Superman somehow doesn't quite fit as the atmosphere of that scene seems rather threatening. That and those alien/transformer-like noises make me wonder if Cyborg Superman or Eradicator could be a possibility. Both would make a great additional villain for the movie and a great surprise for fans. And since both could be played by Henry Cavill they could have easily kept this a secret, with no additional big name casting necessary. I'd love it.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:03 am

^^I've suspected that they might introduce the Green Lantern Corps. in this one, and I feel a little more convinced of it now that Steppenwolf even mentions "Lanterns" in his voiceover. Since Alfred says "You said you'd come," it seems plausible; obviously the Lantern Corps. could send a communique prior to their arrival.
I don't think it's Superman, on account of... well, when could he possibly announce his impending arrival if he's "dead"? He might come back all the same, I just don't think he's the unseen character in the scene with Alfred. And Cyborg Superman or Eradicator are more likely to be villains in some capacity, so Alfred saying "let's hope you're not too late" doesn't really jibe.
So yeah, gotta be a hero, and the Lanterns have already been the subject of rumors for a while. So I wouldn't doubt it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:40 am

Hmm yes, one or more Lanterns seems plausible. Early promotional material for the movie said "unite the seven", and now that more recent teasers had the words "unite the league" in them I think it's become clear that it wasn't referring to the seven seas and the Aquaman movie. So there's a seventh member missing that should show up in the movie. Man, that would be fun.

Eradicator or Cyborg Supes would be fun, too though. And the thing is they'd be mistaken for a hero at first, and they could also announce themselves despite the real Clark still being "dead". What about the two impacts visualized with that Jurassic Park effect? Some means of transportation for the Lanterns? Or Supergirl and one of the fake Supermen landing? :) Speaking of Supergirl, that really seems to be a hologram of her when Steppenwolf says "no kryptonian", right? The leg seems female, there are golden lines on the blue parts of the suit and the cape seems shorter than Clark's.. plus Snyder planted that empty sleeping capsule with no skeleton in it in Man of Steel without having an actual Man of Steel sequel in mind, as far as we know. I think there's a big chance of her showing up.

Man, I'm excited for this.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BigTuna » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:19 am

Are you people actually looking forward to these shiity superhero movies? I'm no Marvel fanboy or anything, I couldn't fucking care less at this point. But these DC films have been fucking laughably bad so far. They have no idea what they're doing and it's obvious. The Joker doesn't need 2 separate origin stories. It's hilarious. But damn. I can't believe you guys are actually investing your hype in this bullshit. Fucking spoiler alert: You're gonna be disappointed.
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:22 am

Wow. What a wanker.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Your Boy Leroy
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Your Boy Leroy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:05 pm

BigTuna wrote: Are you people actually looking forward to these shiity superhero movies? I'm no Marvel fanboy or anything, I couldn't fucking care less at this point. But these DC films have been fucking laughably bad so far. They have no idea what they're doing and it's obvious. The Joker doesn't need 2 separate origin stories. It's hilarious. But damn. I can't believe you guys are actually investing your hype in this bullshit. Fucking spoiler alert: You're gonna be disappointed.

Wow. I agree that DC doesn't seem to know what the fuck they're doing with these movies, but Goddamn.

Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy.
Your Boy Leroy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: God of War

Previous

Return to Off Topic