Tattoo's

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Tattoo's

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Next year I turn 18 and plan to get a tattoo of a lion to cover my entire back. I was just wondering if anyone knew a website that had good tattoo designs.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Mon May 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Aw, dude... don't get a full back tattoo. Unless you're japanese and planning to join the yakuza, you'll definitely regret it later on.
But if you just have to... don't get a pre-existing design. Have someone design something unique for you.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Mon May 04, 2009 4:41 pm

Doubt I will regret it later since I will know I wanted it then and didn't just sit on my arse thinking about it. The Yakuza actually have me the idea for it and I want a lion because of a sports team I support. I also plan to get along the bottom.

'I Fear No Foe'

A saying quite popular at the club.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Ri_oh » Mon May 04, 2009 4:52 pm

I got the top of my back done with a dragon & phoenix. I just took in a pick and had the artist draw up what i wanted. Better to have something original rather than copying off a site i think. But you could just google Yakuza tattoos for ideas I guess.
Ri_oh
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ri_oh
XBL: ri_oh86
Steam: ri_oh
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Nordic Fortune » Mon May 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Pleeeease find someone a tattoo artist with good street credit too, I've seen too many good designs go wrong! I'm sure it won't be hard to find though.
Nordic Fortune
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue May 05, 2009 8:11 am

Well I spose you couldn't look at the same thing everyday if you had it on your back, how I think of them. When you said a lion because of a sports team I thought you meant the Detroit Lions NFL team?

Are you deadset on a full back tattoo, if you plan to have more why not start out with a smaller one on your arm to test the waters, so to speak..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue May 05, 2009 9:12 am

Nordic Fortune wrote:Pleeeease find someone a tattoo artist with good street credit too, I've seen too many good designs go wrong! I'm sure it won't be hard to find though.

My brother knows someone who is good.

Crimson Ryan wrote:When you said a lion because of a sports team I thought you meant the Detroit Lions NFL team?

Millwall FTW

Are you deadset on a full back tattoo, if you plan to have more why not start out with a smaller one on your arm to test the waters, so to speak

Also plan on one on my arm or leg.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby JoePesci » Wed May 06, 2009 12:05 am

Yeah, dude, a full back tattoo is not a good place to start. First, you don't know how your body will respect the ink, second you could be a giant pussy on certain areas of your body. So go with the arm and leg to start I suggest.
JoePesci
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Razzmatazz » Wed May 06, 2009 12:50 pm

For a first tattoo a big one is a crazy idea, I myself got one at 19, a Buddha on my torso / stomach area. It killed as it's a sensitive area (each time the needle touches the skin you automatically suck ya stomach in lol).
A back tattoo is a weird one though, because you can't see it, and it's hard to treat afterwards unless ya got a willing girlfriend / mother / slave to do it for ya.
Good luck though! They are proper addictive!
Razzmatazz
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby [mYLES] » Wed May 06, 2009 2:04 pm

For sure. I got one across my shoulders for my first one, it hurt like shit but my girlfriend at the time got one before me and took it like a champ so I had to man up.

I say have fun. Fuck it.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Off Topic