Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:24 pm

south carmain wrote: it's fucking hot

im sorry about that, excuse me while I exit this thread.

edit-
I hate when you try to make a quick response and instead of quoting just use a ^ so everyone knows im talking about tpam, just for the thread to skip to the next page and it looks strange so I have to go back and copy/paste his quote and edit my post... annoying but it happens.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:41 pm

it's fucking hot

Tis that, but at least dem ladies accommodate to the climate, if you know what I mean. :eekyum:

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, St. Elmo's Fire
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Brothaman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:57 pm

The joys of working a ten and half hour shift...And I have an exam tomorrow. :mad: Anyways.

OL wrote:Make no mistake, the rationalization shouldn't be mistaken for approval, or even making excuses for him. What he did was completely irrational and idiotic, end of. What I was doing was reading between the lines. Sometimes an event can seem a little too obvious. And in those cases I try not to latch on to the immediate widespread reaction to it, because human behavior and psychology is many times a whole helluva lot more complicated than what happens right in front of us. A woman might tell her boyfriend she hates him and never wants to speak to him again, but her saying it doesn't make it true.
That's not an analog example to the Richards issue, it's just an illustration that people are complicated and very often say things they don't mean, so I try to take that into account when looking at something like this.

Well I can understand that, especially in this knee jerk society. But it's been long enough to look at this without bias of an first reaction. That's why most of the rationalizations where (probably unintentionally) starting to come off as deflections, excuses, and where even beginning to take the form of victim blaming/reverse racism card. Nothing is ever black or white (no pun intended), but sometimes commonsense can point out the obvious like in this situation. But I will agree there are many other race-based situations that definitely have to be analyzed completely before making a reasonable judgement on the situation.

1st Ex: I had an Asian coworker/friend utter "Stupid Nigger" after dealing with an asshole customer who happen to be black. I honestly never held that against him because that customer was acting way out of line and deserved to be hit by a bus, along with about 40% of the population rest of that town.
2nd Ex: At the same place, me and one my white coworkers had this funny idea for me to call him black epithets while he calls me white epithets just to see how confused most of the customers would look. Needless to say, we never got around to it for the sake of our employment. But it would have been funny.
3nd Ex: Longer ago, I had got into it with a white coworker after he started pestering me for a while. Long story short, we cussed each other good. And I made plans to beat the breaks off this asshole. Sadly the manager stop me from killing the dude (which was for the best). But during our mutual threatenings, at no point did we ever use any kind of racial epithets towards each other. As it turns out, I was just one of many (of all different races) who wanted to stomp this guy. And as much as I don't particularity care for the guy, I can honestly say he doesn't has a prejudice bone is his pathetic body. :P
I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Brothaman has received a thanks from: OL
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Mitsuzuki » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:43 pm

In my opinion, anyone who calls someone else a nigger, whether face-to-face or anonymously such as online forums or XBL, are either one of two things: racist, or dumb and racist.

Mitsuzuki has received a thanks from: Brothaman
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Brothaman » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 pm

^ Overall I agree. But the main reason I let my coworker/friend from the first example slide is because he use to have hear some dumb stereotypes about his race from a few costumers, especially/mainly the black ones. If you weren't from that town, or white, you are treated very rudely by the older black population. Sounds crazy don't it? I know black people from all over the world, but I've never seen any weird self hating kind shit like it. The white population was weird too, but didn't give me much trouble. But no matter what did I just couldn't reason with allot of the black people though. They just looked at me as a uppity outsider no matter how well I treated them. My coworker, on the other hand, worked them good for the most part. And he actually taught me some pretty good selling tips. I guess I have to say for his case, any prejudice in his mind for blacks in general would have to been formed by some of the residents of that chromosome stealing town.
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:59 am

I just got back from my appointment at the hospital. I found out I have a disease called Ulcerative Colitis, Ulcers in my colon, its a hereditary auto-immune disease and I am going to have this for the rest of my life, I will have to take medication every day from now on to treat it and sometimes I will bleed profusely and could lose so much blood I need blood transfusions atleast thats what happened with my grand father who also had this condition and apparently its skips generations, so now I have it...

As if shit couldnt get any worse... More hurdles and battles to over come, just what I need for everything to be even harder. I have no idea how this is going to effect everything or me or my life goals and my future. I have an appointment in 4 weeks with the doctor again, I will find out more then... This condition can potentially kill me over time.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Brothaman » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 am

^ I'm sorry to hear that man. :sad: I know I'm not in your shoes, so for me to say "try to stay in good spirits" or "everything going to be ok" would be empty handled statements. But I do recommend looking to the herb Boswellia. I believe it may be able to help you with this condition.
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I just got back from my appointment at the hospital. I found out I have a disease called Ulcerative Colitis, Ulcers in my colon, its a hereditary auto-immune disease and I am going to have this for the rest of my life, I will have to take medication every day from now on to treat it and sometimes I will bleed profusely and could lose so much blood I need blood transfusions atleast thats what happened with my grand father who also had this condition and apparently its skips generations, so now I have it...

As if shit couldnt get any worse... More hurdles and battles to over come, just what I need for everything to be even harder. I have no idea how this is going to effect everything or me or my life goals and my future. I have an appointment in 4 weeks with the doctor again, I will find out more then... This condition can potentially kill me over time.

That's freaking awful, man. At least it sounds treatable.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Axm » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:54 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:I just got back from my appointment at the hospital. I found out I have a disease called Ulcerative Colitis, Ulcers in my colon, its a hereditary auto-immune disease and I am going to have this for the rest of my life, I will have to take medication every day from now on to treat it and sometimes I will bleed profusely and could lose so much blood I need blood transfusions atleast thats what happened with my grand father who also had this condition and apparently its skips generations, so now I have it...

Christ man im sorry to hear this. I hope it doesnt get any worse than it is now.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:31 pm

I see much gaming and magic the gathering in my future... Not sure how happy I really am about that though. Tried and true I guess...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Out on errands and the doctor today and popped a CD in the CD player in the car. Played different OST's from various games but when the Starfox one hit my mom loved it.When at subway and then she got to talking that my shirt(the recent Final Fantasy one) she wants to cross-stitch a mage for something. Was shocked as this is a person who hates games.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Ryudo is really good at proof reading and concept testing.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:32 pm

sonofabitch...

I didn't know Björk was in town and she's playing right now. Not only that, because it's an outdoor concert that's only minutes away from my place, I can actually hear her performing through my open window.

Since she started about 2 hours ago she's probably on her finale.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Mitsuzuki wrote: sonofabitch...

I didn't know Björk was in town and she's playing right now. Not only that, because it's an outdoor concert that's only minutes away from my place, I can actually hear her performing through my open window.

Since she started about 2 hours ago she's probably on her finale.

I love Bjork but I can't help but find this great

phpBB [video]

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Mitsuzuki
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Mitsuzuki » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:37 pm