'MERICA some towns want gun ownership mandatory

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: 'MERICA some towns want gun ownership mandatory

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Ryudo wrote: I want to be oppressed forced two in a factory with my 4 year old son making ipads choking on dangerous chemicals.

...GEFF!

:?:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:18 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
Ryudo wrote: I want to be oppressed forced two in a factory with my 4 year old son making ipads choking on dangerous chemicals.

...GEFF!

:?:

I typed that on my gaming keyboard I bought from china hooked to my Asus (chinese made) computer hooked to my HP monitor made in china. :D
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:39 pm

...but is it painted in lead paint deliberately to poison Americans?
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:45 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: ...but is it painted in lead paint deliberately to poison Americans?

Trick question actually. Ky keyboard was damaged in the mail so I glued it and then painted it. Does 1$ model paint from walmart contain lead?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bambi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:20 pm

mue 26 wrote: I guess it's possible you might have genuinely been happier in the east, but I sometimes wonder whether people who say that kind of thing are actually being realistic about what the "east" is like. One will encounter much of the same difficulties anywhere in world as far as I can see. There are differences of course, but sometimes I think people can be a bit romantic about the notion of living in places like Japan or China or whatever. Especially as they just as hyper materialistic (maybe even more so now) as the west is. You could argue that their cultures are perhaps less individualistic than ours, but even then there are negatives that go along with that, like the extra pressure to conform and fit in. They are still great places, but I think sometimes people aren't realistic. It's swings and roundabouts, there are plenty of things you could despise about the culture of those eastern countries too.

Exactly.

I actually wonder about people who immigrate with these romantic notions in mind, I imagine for some it really will have a huge impact on their quality of life but the cynic in me suspects that most would be disappointed, that reality wouldn't match expectations.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby mue 26 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Sonikku wrote:

China? I don't think so.

Ahaha, yeah your probably right about that for the most part. I was just kinda making a kind of general point about thinking the grass in greener, when it might not be.

I actually wonder about people who immigrate with these romantic notions in mind, I imagine for some it really will have a huge impact on their quality of life but the cynic in me suspects that most would be disappointed, that reality wouldn't match expectations

Yeah this. I do definitely think people can be happier and feel more comfortable in a certain country, and moving can often be a brilliant thing. It's just when I hear people talk about it in an idealised way, like it will be the answer to all their problems, that I tend to be a little doubtful. Because as you point out, it can often just lead to massive disappointment when the reality doesn't match up. It works both ways of course, and the Japanese are actually quite susceptible to this type of thinking apparently, check this out : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome :lol: it sounds funny but it's a serious thing!

I'm not really saying your in this group or anything though Ryudo, and I wouldn't try and put anyone off wanting to experience life in another country, as it can be wonderful and sometimes life changing experience, so I hope you do get your chance to go! It's just that generally speaking, I believe happiness begins on the inside, and that the external scenery is just the icing on the cake. Though I know there are times when you do just have to go somewhere too.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:22 pm

It's not like I hate where I live and life sucks til I get out of this town. lol no. Most of of US culture bugs me but I never really fit in anywhere I ever been so I am used to it and came to accept it.

I am very happy now. Took me til December last year to reach true happiness but it happened. Japan I figure is likely a pipe dream but I am saving up and it may take 15 years (seriously) so I keep hope alive.
:D
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:14 am

Ryudo wrote: It's not like I hate where I live and life sucks til I get out of this town. lol no. Most of of US culture bugs me but I never really fit in anywhere I ever been so I am used to it and came to accept it.

I am very happy now. Took me til December last year to reach true happiness but it happened. Japan I figure is likely a pipe dream but I am saving up and it may take 15 years (seriously) so I keep hope alive.
:D

Do you have anything left from your big medicaid payout to put towards it? I was so happy when they gave you the money as I thought it would finally give you the once in a lifetime opportunity to see the land of the rising sun like you had always wanted. I think I heard you say you did not think you would live another ten. I certainly hope it doesn't take another 15.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm

^ Little complicated and rather not say in public.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Previous

Return to Off Topic