3 Wishes

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: 3 Wishes

Postby Thief » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:43 pm

Wish 1:
My first wish would be to understand the fate of every individual self and the intricacies of an afterlife (if it is to exist)
---------------------------------------
if not a desirable afterlife, then,
Wish 2:
Change afterlife to one I find desirable.

If desirable afterlife, then,
Wish 2:
Grant myself the ability to, at any moment, visit any moment/situation in time with complete historical accuracy, without the worry of having to change anything -- merely just to experience and understand.
---------------------------------------
Wish 3:
Good health for everyone I know, for the rest of their lives.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:55 pm

1. Good health for the rest of my life.

I would like to die eventually but I have a fear that at any time I could get something that means I have to rely on others which I never want to do. As long as I can wipe my own arse and feed myself until I die I'll be happy.

2. Steal certain things from the US and give them to the UK.

I love the sun and hate the cold so I'm taking Florida's weather. I want to walk out of my house every day being able to wear shorts. I also enjoy ribs/burgers and many of the other foods I love that many would describe as American so I'm taking them with me. Sure I could wish to live in Florida but I prefer things in the UK like how people get less offended (apart from weirdos like mue) and going to watch Football on a Saturday. Also I'm taking Disneyworld.

3. Enough money to retire.

With the warm weather the last thing I want to do is spend it working. My aim in life is to one day own a large house with massive windows at the back that face a bright blue ocean like you would see in a screensaver. I'm not a car nut but I would love to own a Ferrari and Lamborghini (Maybe a Delorean for reasons). People who say they would get bored if they didn't work normally just don't have many hobbies. I'd love to wake up every day and be able to do anything I wanted. The thing I miss most about being a kid is that feeling of having no responsibilities, during the summer you could play Mario Kart 64 all night or play Football in the park all day and you just woke up the next day and did whatever you wanted again. I want to have a day where I sit in the garden listening to Fleetwood Mac while the sun shines, go to some shitty football ground up north to watch Millwall, spend a day watching a boxset or playing some game. A guy in my office recently retired and everyone was joking about how he was just going to sit in heavens waiting room from now on but I just thought he was the luckiest bastard ever.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby mrslig100 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Expunge the U.S.'s debt to China and all other nations

Pfff. Sod it n move abroad!
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby mrslig100 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:39 pm

I CHANGE A WISH!

I wish sony n Mitsubishi still manufactured diamond/trinitron CRT's
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:14 pm

Anyone seen that film "Limitless"? I'd ask for a brain like that.

Complete physical wellness guaranteed, basically immune to cancer plus my diabetes would no longer be there. Even joint pain wouldn't happen as I got old. I would still be able to die though. An extra inch or so at the same time...

The Bruce Almighty like ability to manipulate people in the same way he did to Evan Baxter when he made him speak gibberish...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have super intelligence like in Limitless, but then i tell myself that every show, every video game, basically every form of entertainment would become incredibly dull. For barely tolerable brain dead Hollywood movies especially it would make them outright unwatchable. :( And that would likely extend to conversations with other people and all sorts of things. I guess that's why suicide seems to rise with intellect.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:55 pm

^^Smart people watch dumb things all the time. Sometimes being entertained doesn't necessitate being challenged.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Sonne2 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:22 pm

A Time Machine so I can see everything before I die of old age. Not immortality, don't want to feel like benjamin button lol.
Sonne2
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Mr357 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:52 pm

mrslig100 wrote:
Expunge the U.S.'s debt to China and all other nations

Pfff. Sod it n move abroad!

I love my country too much to do that.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:08 pm

OL wrote:Smart people watch dumb things all the time.

If there's a dictionary lying around, use it.

(I'm such a smartass)
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Sonikku wrote: Sometimes I think it would be nice to have super intelligence like in Limitless, but then i tell myself that every show, every video game, basically every form of entertainment would become incredibly dull. For barely tolerable brain dead Hollywood movies especially it would make them outright unwatchable. :( And that would likely extend to conversations with other people and all sorts of things. I guess that's why suicide seems to rise with intellect.

I did think of that, but erred towards the OL way of thinking. Though being the best at everything could get boring, I'm sure it'd open up a whole new level of challenges, like being blatantly caught committing a crime then successfully arguing your way out of it. Or I dunno, studying some scientific equations that nobody can decipher/make sense of. I do still think I agree with you also though, so I'm gonna switch Limitless, for Chuck. In Chuck, it revolves around something called an "Intersect", which is basically a short high speed video you watch which programmes your brain to expert level with stuff you simply knew nothing about before. Probably stole the idea from The Matrix where Tank uploads helicopter piloting skills to Trinity. If I wished for knowledge on how to create my own Intersects with different types of data within, I reckon that'd be sweet. You could do as Chuck did and be programmed to be super leet at fighting, but if you could programme your own you could go so much further than that, like insert whole foreign dictionaries and thesauruses as well as novels and magazines into your head so you'd just know their language fluently straight away. One would still have no more than their own limited intelligence as before, but you'd still be able to be pretty amazing. That could work for me.
Would be hard to explain to a genie how to grant me that, though. Unless he was willing to sit there and watch the first season of Chuck. Which I'd then explain to him could have been all seasons, in a few seconds, if I'd Intersected it into him instead...

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Monkei
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:50 am

Sonikku wrote: Travel the world, donate to charities, set my mother up with the best healthcare money can buy for all her chronic illness, treat OL to all the hookers and blow he can handle...

You're alright kid.
I think we can be friends.

OL has received a thanks from: Sonikku
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:11 pm

danny wrote:Are you 100% male (sperm producer, healthy XY chromosomes)? Or are you a DSD person? Sounds like you have a high digit ratio.
Sonikku wrote:
Shibiryo wrote:So are you female now?

I identify as such and transitioned. Though I have no pms, nor could I ever have a child. A mixed blessing, perhaps. :P
danny wrote:I see. Interesting. Like the case with David Reimer: even when you cut off the testicles of a healthy male, the brain remains male, so "gender identity" has biological bases (see also my David Reimer topic for citations), and some DSD persons have a female brain, but stuck in a male body.
I hope you will be happy with your transition in the future too, because people claim there is a suicide rate among these individuals - DSD persons, and that it is basically the same after and before surgery. I haven't checked their claims via Google Scholar yet, but I will later.

BTW, just imagine, if we could do "Ghost in the Shell"-like things. Only the brain is the essential part - your consciousness, and the body is from electromechanical parts, 3D printed or tailored just for you based on your desires.
Problem: cyborg bodies are hackable...

@Topic: omnipotency. Don't need the two other wishes. This wish is sufficient. I can fulfil the other wishes on my own without limits.

Now that you mention, I do have a high digit ratio. That's a very interesting hypothesis. Despite all the challenges that came with it, I am glad I transitioned. I'm no longer at war with my own body. Even if many people still consider me a man or even a freak, not having that emotional turmoil any more was worth practically any such challenges.

I mean, even if everyone readily accept you as something you're not, what does it amount to if you can't accept yourself? Personally I would prefer to have it both ways. But in my case it just was not possible. As for Ghost In The Shell, who cares about being hacked if you can look like the Major? :lol:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:41 pm

I'd probably end up looking like Batou or Aramaki.
A face that looks like a bulldog or a monkey. And no boobs.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:59 pm

OL wrote: I'd probably end up looking like Batou or Aramaki.
A face that looks like a bulldog or a monkey. And no boobs.

Hope you don't get hacked. :devillaugh:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic