Random Thoughts

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Random Thoughts

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:35 pm

Thief wrote: Mue's not really insulting anyone... he's just expressing his concern. He really needs to calm down huh... :roll:

Yes he does. As I already said there is debating and giving your opinion, but there is using negative terminology such as "embarrassing, shameful, zero value, toxic, harmful", questioning the staff and their enforcement of the TOS of the Shenmue Dojo, questioning the history of the Shenmue community and pompously suggesting that he knows what's better for it than any other people and what he suggests is "the answer", speaking in a manner to Kenny which, lets not be stupid mate, is BLATENTLY indicative that he is wound up. I could go on but I will leave it there for now.

But as I said, that's the end of it. This site is ran in compliance with the Dojos TOS buy all moderators collectively on the same page. If anyone has an issue with any of the staff, or how this place is ran then please send a PM to the site Administrator and a dress your issues. But if someone wants to get riled up by a troll then the advice we will give is to take some time and calm down.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:07 pm

The negative terminology was his opinion -- it also clearly wouldn't be his opinion if he didn't think it to be "the answer". If he didn't believe in any sort of truth value behind his words then why would he say them? And I don't get it... was he rude to Kenny because he used CAPS for emphasis? Would italics be nicer? Mue is acting fine and shouldn't be dismissed because his opinions don't adhere to "the strict and treasured traditions of the time-honored Shenmue Dojo".
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:31 pm

Besides, I was also one of the first to speak and even call out on Ryudo's ironfisted ruling too when I finally got tired of it.

So don't lecture me on that, mue.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Thief wrote: The negative terminology was his opinion -- it also clearly wouldn't be his opinion if he didn't think it to be "the answer". If he didn't believe in any sort of truth value behind his words then why would he say them? And I don't get it... was he rude to Kenny because he used CAPS for emphasis? Would italics be nicer? Mue is acting fine and shouldn't be dismissed because his opinions don't adhere to "the strict and treasured traditions of the time-honored Shenmue Dojo".

Whatever, I won't be continuing a rational conversation with you since its clear you will defend him. Evident by suggesting that Mue is "acting fine" when you just have to look at his posts from the previous page and this, also combining that with the reason why he originally made the posts (if you can't handle a troll should you even be on a message board in the first place?). What's fine was before he made his post on the last page.

But like I said that's the end of it. Take it to PM if you have any more issues.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:19 pm

Kenny wrote: Deleting topics doesn't do anything other than pretend the problem didn't exist in the first place.

Locking them and tucking them away is the proper way to handle the situation.

Honestly, certain people would also moan if mods also deleted posts/topics too. They would say it was censorship and say we are too "forceful" with our moderating (which I would agree with). There's just no winning with some people. I prefer the way things are being done now anyway. I actually think deleting topics would only cause more of an uproar and encourage more trolls to keep reappearing, having the opposite effect of what mue thinks would happen. The trolls may get off on being noticed, but I think they'd only persist more and more, until the mud finally sticks, as in having the adverse effect.

The forum is the best it's ever been anyway. Laid back and easy going.

EDIT: Anyway yeah, let's move the topic on now anyway. Any further discussion about this can be had over PMs.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Yama
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Peter wrote:rational conversation

I never expect such when speaking with you -- only hope. I'm simply defending his right to speak about his concerns with the forum. To be clear, I do not agree with him, but rather, I disagree with your overblown reaction to his moderate textual response and your obvious dismissal of his concerns because they do not coincide with your own.

EDIT:
Also, I'd be more than willing to make use of the private message system if you hadn't made if very clear to me in the past that my messages will ultimately end up being ignored. So, by you telling me to use private messages, you're essentially telling me to "shut up".
Last edited by Thief on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thief has received a thanks from: mue 26
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Raithos » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm

I agree locking a troll thread then forgetting about it is the proper way to handle these things. Deleting and acting like the stuff never existed is part of the reaction trolls want, along with getting people worked up.

On the other hand, with this one in particular, I could see where someone would want it deleted. I mean this guy was clearly a troll, but people like him do exist. With the amount of global negativity Americans are already viewed with, having garbage like this one on a site people from around the world view would only add to it. But in the end logical people know a troll when they see it, and aren't bothered by them. Which is why I agree with it being locked and forgotten. When you delete things, people have a tendency to recreate them out of spite.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Thief wrote:
Peter wrote:rational conversation

I never expect such when speaking with you -- only hope. I'm simply defending his right to speak about his concerns with the forum. To be clear, I do not agree with him, but rather, I disagree with your overblown reaction to his moderate textual response and your obvious dismissal of his concerns because they do not coincide with your own.

EDIT:
Also, I'd be more than willing to make use of the private message system if you hadn't made if very clear to me in the past that my messages will ultimately end up being ignored. So, by you telling me to use private messages, you're essentially telling me to "shut up".

Wow, wow hang on a second here. I've been tolerant over the past 24 hours, and have attempted to quell a problem with no raising of voices and asking Mue to calm down. He has gone off the boards which is a good thing and will probably return back to normal and a bit more talkative. That's fine. You want to defend him and give your opinion that's fine too. I'd let it lie.

But that last edit? No sorry I don't think so!

That's just an absolute blatant attempt to make me look like a bad person and smear my name! If you are gonna make a statement like that, how about firstly you get your facts right, and secondly, reveal the entire context of what you are quoting! Since it was a private matter which you have made public, I will return the favor and shine light on what actually is the case here, and it's very simple too!

You supported Ryudo when all of his antics were going down, and messaged me trying to be a mediator, whilst yet being one of his very few justifiers. I took the stance as a moderator as I always will do and everyone knows how that chapter in the history of the Dojo played out (and majorally agreed upon, for the better!). You tried speaking to me in a defending of Ryudo manner in General Discussion (much similarly to how you have defended Mue) and since I didn't reply in the topic, you sent me a message asking was I ignoring you now? I replied that I wasn't, and that I had nothing more to say on the matter. That was it. Nothing more. No "all your messages will be ignored", no "shut up" or remarks of any kind.
In fact, days after that, you sent another message apologising for your remarks, even going as far to say you acted like a "douchebag" and a "fucking idiot" and that you were thankful of all the work I had done within the community and also as a staff member. I replied my thanks, settled the air and ended with onwards and upwards :nice!:

End of story.

Like I said I have been reasonable up until now, but twisting things to your own advantage is bang out of order, and essentially making a staff member out to be such a person when there not is a dangerous game. I had forgotten all of that stuff from 2 years ago and had to go check it out because i would be almost certain as a mod id never tell anyone "your messages will be ignored". Guess what, i was right. I didnt! Its also became quite clear that you do remember it, abeit not as well as you thought, and have just proved that you do harbour issues, be it towards me personally or as the staff as a whole in terms of their running of this site. You supported Ruydo when he was in the wrong, and now you are supporting Mue when he is in the wrong. You have been asked three times to take this to PM and haven't let this go. Also now you are trying to slander a moderator? You should be seriously thankful you have not been warned already! But we try to be lenient and I will still try to now, but that's it. Any more and you will be warned. It's not on and in regards to something like that, I will not stand for. :???:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Kenny wrote: Besides, I was also one of the first to speak and even call out on Ryudo's ironfisted ruling too when I finally got tired of it.

I think I said something first but it probably got deleted.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:13 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:
Kenny wrote: Deleting topics doesn't do anything other than pretend the problem didn't exist in the first place.

Locking them and tucking them away is the proper way to handle the situation.

Honestly, certain people would also moan if mods also deleted posts/topics too. They would say it was censorship and say we are too "forceful" with our moderating (which I would agree with).

Too forceful I might agree with, but it's not censorship unless the context of the posts were altered or deleted in anyway (which I think happened in that case).

Anyway, I think we're giving the troll what they wanted by causing a stir over something that should've been laughed at and locked straight away.

Riku Rose wrote:
Kenny wrote: Besides, I was also one of the first to speak and even call out on Ryudo's ironfisted ruling too when I finally got tired of it.

I think I said something first but it probably got deleted.

Yeah you might've been the very first.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby beedle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:15 pm

hahahahahaha @ these couple of pages
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Your story is skewed -- what happened was that you were being unreasonably antagonistic towards Ryudo when he (during the instance in which you were being so) had done nothing worthy of offense. I sent you a PM because I felt that you were getting a little hot-headed and that it wasn't really the way a moderator should handle the situation. You responded with a general dismiss of my concerns by accusing me of being "a Ryudo supporter". When I attempted to tell the truth, that I was no such thing (a supporter of Ryudo's actions) and that I simply felt that the situation was being handled poorly and unnecessarily, you failed to respond. When I pushed the matter all you had to say was that YOU were done with the conversation -- clearly all that matters.

It is not me who is twisting things so please stop that crap. I apologized originally because politics required me to do so -- I didn't mean it. I think you're the worst who, when others don't agree with you, plugs your ears and screams with the threat of whatever "power" you control.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:40 pm

This matter is closed.

Moving on.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:05 pm

This place was getting boring. You're welcome.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:32 am

We have been successfully trolled. See how easily he tried to come in here and turn each other against us? And it worked... :no:

I dont think it matters either way whether it was locked or deleted, just as long something was done to stop it from escalating further, this is an internet forum, not national politics. There are much more just causes to put that kind of long winded effort into, just sayin.

AnimeGamer183 has received 5 thanks from: Axm, Kenny, MiTT3NZ, OL, Sonikku
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic