Pro Wrestling

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:12 am

wow, batista and cena retaining the titles...
i was so sure we'd see at least one title change...
those guys always know how to surprise us.
well, let's see who they draft to raw tonight.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby giz_119 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:26 am

Vyse Hazuky wrote:those guys always know how to surprise us.

heh.... actually, I predicted every match correctly except one.... I don't exactly call that surprising.....

Now... either Batista is going to Smackdown or both titles will get combined on raw and the smackdown championship (which I really hate the sounds off) will be awarded in that 7 man match.
giz_119
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sidewinder » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:56 am

Batista is gonna get drafted imo
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby landi vs ren » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:49 am

Guys do you know that there will be two draft picks tonight on raw.
landi vs ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:09 pm

giz_119 wrote:

heh.... actually, I predicted every match correctly except one.... I don't exactly call that surprising.....

Now... either Batista is going to Smackdown or both titles will get combined on raw and the smackdown championship (which I really hate the sounds off) will be awarded in that 7 man match.

i guess i confuse what i really think is going to happen with what i wanted to happen,... so.. hence the surprise i guess.

hmm.. it would be interesting to see cena and batista go at it in a title unification match. kind of royal rumble revenge.

hmm.. and with the big show going to raw.. how's that smackdown championship go down? .. maybe they'll just use one of the remaining 2 picks.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby giz_119 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:53 pm

Vyse Hazuky wrote:
giz_119 wrote:

i guess i confuse what i really think is going to happen with what i wanted to happen,... so.. hence the surprise i guess.

hmm.. it would be interesting to see cena and batista go at it in a title unification match. kind of royal rumble revenge.

hmm.. and with the big show going to raw.. how's that smackdown championship go down? .. maybe they'll just use one of the remaining 2 picks.

well.... heres some spoilers for you (the smackdown tapings happened last night in Cali right after raw believe it or not)

As I predicted, Batista get's drafted to Smackdown and also (and I absolutley hate this move) christian. Christian takes Show's spot in that match, which JBL won, but then he is of course informed that they don't need a smackdown champion anymore and Batista comes out and kicks his ass. It doesn't say whether or not JBL gets a number one contender shot or not
giz_119
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:12 pm

damn,i tried to stop myself from reading that spoiler but i couldnt help myself :P although i predicted that a couple times but i wasnt sure it was going to happen
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Peter » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:20 pm

No point of all the spoilers really. Its just typical wwe programming isnt it?

Small sometimes sharp surprises, but if you actually step back and look at WWE, its just the violence and blood we are all interested in. The ONLY other thing i am interested in with the WWE is the undertaker as the dark man, and things like casket matches, buried alive matches, all because its at the end of these matches that my imagination can run wild. WWE has adapted to society and moved towards the violent side of sports entertainment rather than the imiginative aspect, because most of its audience has grown up, and desire violence rather than adventure.

look at the recent ECW PPV, and also the useage of barbed wire items n WWE programming. I mean a barbed wire chair????? Pure proof that ECW was a genuine contender for a product that was WAY ahead of its time. Paul Heyman IS A pure genious in the wrestling industry.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:37 am

:roll: WWE and all "pro" wrestling has always been based around soap opera story lines and fighing peter but the demand for more came when ECW and WCW challenged WWE..so WWE had to get more intense and vince did and eventually won and bought out WCW and ECW not too long after that Vince had no competition and started getting stale and WWE was having ratings drop despite bringing in Hogan and others...WWE fans by this point were now wanting more of this more intense stuff..hell the WWE got more lame as they even dropped the Hardcore belt a few years ago.
It's so FREAKIN rare WWE even puts barb wire or any object in the ring anymore and even then it's PPVs,hard to even remember the last time there was a ladder match or TLC match..if they did do one at all recently on anything other than a PPV then it must have been leading up to one.

Vince is doing what any good business man would giving the MAJORITY of the fans what they want to keep their interest in his product up.
And the only reason they had the ECW thing is because some other former members of ECW had their own ECW PPV so Vince funded one for PPV but other than funding it he had nothing to do with it..it was 100% run by heyman and ECW fans loved it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby DeadPool » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:40 am

remember mankind and undertaker thumbtack match thing?
DeadPool
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:30 am

a_little_piece_of_nothing wrote:remember mankind and undertaker thumbtack match thing?

that was lovely :) coupled of course by the 2 falls from the top of the cell.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby giz_119 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:10 pm

I have had this discussion countless times..... the WWE needs competition, otherwise there is really no motivation for Vince and friends to take the company to the next level because fans don't have any other choice. They can choose to just forget about pro wrestling but that is a surprisingly hard thing to do all together. You see the crowds they can pack into a stadium just every monday night.
Anyway, TNA is very close to getting a major T.V deal, maybe even with Spike TV on the very same time slot that Raw has now after Raw shifts to UPN this (?)September(?). If this follows through it could still be a number of years before TNA can become a major competitor and theres still no guarantees it will even do well. Id like to see TNA succeed though, as it would bring back the monday night wars and there's a hell of a lot of talented guys on the TNA roster. Heh, if it does succeed, we'll have to change this topic to the "Pro Wrestling Discussion" rather then the "WWE Discussion"
giz_119
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:19 pm

unless wwe raids their lockerrooms again haha
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:51 pm

RAW is moving back to USA NOT Upn.

we'll have to change this topic to the "Pro Wrestling Discussion" rather then the "WWE Discussion"

OK sure.

Also if you want this topic re-stikied just ask since now it's pretty active.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Rashweed36 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:09 pm

any good wwe diva sites or what not that show nip slips or them naked?
Rashweed36
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic