Automotive Discussion

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Official Automotive Discussion

Postby LawXiu » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:59 am

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:
LawXiu wrote:Looking at a 205 GTi tomorrow and maybe I will be paying a deposit. If I do I will take some pictures and post.

Nice! :) If you get a good'un, and keep it decent, it'll quite probably go up in value, even if you use it. It'll feel totally different to the solid VWs you have/had though, but then I'm sure you know that anyway...

Yeah know what you mean, Golfs are solid. I managed to get a picture of it but it's in a dark garage. Here's the best I could do.

Had a bad day yesterday. When the head gasket blew on the VR6 we stored it at a friends house for later repair. We got the head off last night and the bores are fucked. The first cylinder was full of water as expected but cylinder three and six are ruined. Off to the breakers next week. Shame because it was fuckin quick.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Its been a great past couple car days for me.
A few days ago I decided to go ahead and install my CAI from Alta(subsidiary of Perrin who makes parts exclusive to MINI). I had it there ready and waiting so I went for it.
Took a few hours to get the job done. The mini has such a small amount of space to work with so re-tightening things were hard to manage sometimes. But it was still fairly easy. I feel more familiarized with the engine bay now and confident to get other things done in the future with it.

Before:

After:

After that I decided to go for a run up the mountains and through the woods.
Had a great time. The CAI sounds and performs great. I'll make a video of it later on sometime.

Once I finished my run I decided to get back home.. but then suddenly as I was just about to leave the route an amazing thing happened. A Nissan Skyline GT-R showed up and went down the trail to where I just was.

As he passed my car he smiled at me and I at him. He stopped parallel to my car and revved up and then so did I. He then burnt out in front of me and took off. So ofcourse I did a U and chased after him.
For miles I was chasing this guy in the GTR and it was crazy how fast it was. By the time I U'ed it was off and out of sight. So I had to really be on my game going around the trails and canyons to catch up to him.

Eventually I did. I can attribute that to the great handling that is the MINI. :)
Once I caught up to him I caught him off guard and passed him up. Then he passed me up and it was like this for awhile. Id catch up to him around the corners and then on the strait aways he gunned it and I would have to floor it to keep up. These were also one lane roads so we had be to careful of on coming cars at the same time and only go out of lane when we could see what was ahead.
This was a great time for me. I did use up some tread on my tires screatching around corners but it was well worth it. :P

And today I decided to give it a wash and go for a photo shoot. 8)

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:04 am

AxM you dropped this.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Axm » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:41 am

Ryudo wrote:AxM you dropped this.

Rofl
Actually been thinking about getting one of these for my useless back seat.

Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:14 am

Nice pics, I'm sure there are a ton of great areas for photographing there. In fact when I was in SD that's what I was thinking all the time.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Myles » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:54 am

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Man, I have been pouring money into cars since I was 18. That was back when I had my RX-7, i was street racing, betting on races, gambling, we were fucking with the cops/running from them, drifting. I hate to say it, but it was like some real Fast and the Furious shit from 2002-2004. My friends also had fast rides 240s, other RX-7s, Evo's, eclipses, a twin turbo volvo, miatas and we were almost at the point where we were getting sponsors and actually about to start doing events on the tracks as a team. My life was soooo crazy and wild back then, me and my crew were infamous in the streets of Atlanta. We had a collection of tickets hanging on the wall in my apartment, one day the cops showed up and saw them (about 15 or 20 of them) and was like "Is this is some kind of joke?!??!!?" He didnt have shit on us mainly was coming to talk and tell us we were having too many wild parties and to cool it down, he left and we all busted our guts laughing. One of the asian dudes I was living with had no clue who it was and asnwered the door with his katana and the cop like freaked before he actually came in and saw the tickets "why are you answering your door with a weapon in hand?". Crazy crazy times, but looking back on it I wouldnt trade those days for anything, and would do it all over again if I had to relive those days. Dont think I want to turn back to the way I was then, although a part of me still wants to, cause the fast life I must say was a trip and very addicting. Oh yeah, and what do you know, we were all anime and video game nerds, go figure! haha

Not suprising, especially with the video games, we are more addictive personality prone, needing fast moving objects/colours/noises etc. It's the rush we all look for in life.

And that sounds amazing, AG. You've always seemed like a dude I could hang out with for sure. I live a pretty quiet life now, but I had a wild life around that time too.
Myles
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Axm wrote:
Ryudo wrote:AxM you dropped this.

Rofl
Actually been thinking about getting one of these for my useless back seat.

Going to have a hard time getting your car to 88mph. :D
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:46 pm

^eh, how? Cooper Ss are pretty quick??
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:09 am

Got the car together! Had to be at least 70-80 hours of work, but all well worth it in the end. It really came out great, better than I even expected. Going to be detailing it tomorrow through out the day for Sunday's car show, just in time. Will putt around and take some pictures as well.

Waiting on my Wideband Sensor / Gauge to come in, will be tuning it next week. At that point it'll be 100% running and complete. Going to run wastegate pressure to the car show on Sunday, just to get there.

Frickin' finally.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Axm » Mon May 02, 2011 1:56 am

Grats buddy. And very well done. Cant wait to see the results.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Yama » Mon May 02, 2011 6:12 pm

[LOTS OF PICS INCOMING]

This past session of work has included:

Go: Denso 450cc's to compliment the 13G's, Walbro 255, 3SX Hot Wire Kit, FMIC kit, Apexi SAFC2 and an Innovate Wideband sensor w/ gauge.

Show: Dropped further with the Megan's. Redid the engine bay. Cleaned, painted and detailed. Further enhanced the look with the 3SX dress up kit (replaced lots of vacuum hoses), polished covers and all of those other goodies.

Custom: Cut out the center tooth from the '97 bumper. Love the '97-'98 look, but hated the tooth. Shaved the emblem, opened up the fog lights areas a bit, etc. That, along with some necessary repairs and got it repainted. Very happy with the look and it's obviously unique as it is not directly available in any OEM form. Also threw on some different corner lights.

That's about it. Brought it out for the first time on Sunday to a car show, ended up winning best Mitsubishi. Definitely made it all worth it. Taking her to Pampena Motorsports on Wednesday to be Dyno Tuned, want to make the most out of this 13G street set up. Looking forward to a fun summer with it. Enjoy the pics!
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Luvly KM » Mon May 02, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm looking to get one of those new AUDI A1's with a turbocharged volkswagen engine, what can go wrong.

Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Axm » Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 pm

WOOOOOOO!
Holy shit Yama. That is amazing. And on the 8th day, God made the VR4. Amen.
I think the drop you made looks great. The engine bay is clean as hell. Your intercooler is also looking good. Really impressive all around.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue May 03, 2011 8:01 am

Funny looking handbrake..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Tue May 03, 2011 11:03 am

Axm wrote:WOOOOOOO!
Holy shit Yama. That is amazing. And on the 8th day, God made the VR4. Amen.
I think the drop you made looks great. The engine bay is clean as hell. Your intercooler is also looking good. Really impressive all around.

Damn, thanks man. Haha. Labor of love. I'll take a video once tuned.

Crimson Ryan wrote:Funny looking handbrake..

:roll:
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic