Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Postby shieldos » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:51 pm

Here's a question i pose to everyone..has there even been a worse Champions League group then...
BARCELONA
AC MILAN
CELTIC
SHAKTAR DONETSK

(btw i am a celtic fan :()

also how come all the english clubs get easy draws? especially man utd
shieldos
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Xieldos
XBL: Xieldos09

Postby MattyHAZUKI » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:24 pm

because man utd were seeded so were arsenal and liverpool and i guess chelsea were as well?
MattyHAZUKI
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sidewinder » Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:22 pm

Well David James flops hopefully 4 the last time in a England shirt

Robinson for England !!!
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amin » Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:07 am

this also makes me giggle, arsenal dont have the better team sorry to burst your bubble

Yeah ok...
I think its pretty clear.

G.Neville Ferdinand Silveste O,shea vs Lauren Campell Toure Cole

Neville better than Lauren
Campbell slightly better than Ferdinand
Toure better than Silverste
Cole better than O'Shea

As for midfield i dont need to list as uze already agree. Strike wise yeah man u have got a hell of a lot better but Henry and Reyes (very underated so far) are ebtter than any 2 players man u could put out. If you want to talk number of great strikers then yes man u have more depth left in reserves.
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sidewinder » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:19 am

Rooney Van Nistelroy
Rooney Smith
Smith Van Nistelroy
Van Nistlelroy Saha
Rooney Saha
Saha Smith

ect thats y i think they hav a better strike force
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:23 am

LOL

Postby MorbuZZ » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:37 pm

The Lonely Shepherd wrote:Well David James flops hopefully 4 the last time in a England shirt

Robinson for England !!!

Damn right James sucks
MorbuZZ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby eddie_bo_jr » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:14 pm

How many goals a season does van nistelrooy score from anywhere other than inside the 6 yard box ?! Maybe now they got Rooney man utd will be a little more entertaining instead of just running up the wing, cross, followed by the usual tap in. Losing Beckham has hurt man utd badly, he was the master at crossing, but now he's gone they just don't look that threatening any more and other teams know what to expect.

Henry and Reyes ( not even taking Bergkamp into account ) are possibly the best pair in Europe, maybe only Real Madrid or Inter could put up a better front line, but then arsenal have the best attacking midfield line up to help out too.

Personally I think Arsenal will win the premiership, probably the champions league, but not the FA cup, man utd will try to get that cos it's the only trophy they have a realistic chance of getting this season, though chelsea might have something to say about all this ... as for La Liga, it's about time Barcelona won it and AC or Inter will win Serie A

I have to agree with the stuff said about james too, I've never been a fan of his, he just looks shaky, they should either play robinson or kirkland, JUST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT JAMES !!!
eddie_bo_jr

Postby Amin » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:19 pm

^ I agree with everything you just said.

As i said man u have better reserves in the strikers department but when reyes and henry go out, theres no combination better and James, WHAT DA FUCK! He definately looks shakey and seems to be like that in a lot of games. We definately need a new keeper to step up because without a good keeper, Engalnd will never win trophies.
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby MattyHAZUKI » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:56 pm

eddie_bo_jr wrote:How many goals a season does van nistelrooy score from anywhere other than inside the 6 yard box ?! Maybe now they got Rooney man utd will be a little more entertaining instead of just running up the wing, cross, followed by the usual tap in. Losing Beckham has hurt man utd badly, he was the master at crossing, but now he's gone they just don't look that threatening any more and other teams know what to expect

well that's what van nistelrooy is paid to do, put the ball in the net.how he does it doesnt really matter does it?

ronaldo over beckham any day
MattyHAZUKI
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby QWERTY » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:58 pm

Give me Henry over Van Nistelrooy any day.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby eddie_bo_jr » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:54 pm

MattyHAZUKI wrote:ronaldo over beckham any day

HAHAHA, Ronaldo has talent, I'll give him that, but Badiel and Skinner got it right when they did that line dancing thing with him ! He gets boring very quickly, watching him you always know which way he'll go and what he'll do and when. As for who I'd have in my team ... hmmm ... probably Ronaldo but only cos I'd slap him a few times, or wait to see him get injured for real when a dive of his goes horrifically wrong :twisted:

Man Utd are a predictable and other teams are affraid of them when they shouldn't be - they're not the team they were 3 years ago - Chelsea are more worrying.

I know van Nistelrooy is paid to score tap-ins, it just annoys me that people even consider him in the same class as Henry who can score from litterally almost anywhere on the pitch. van Nistelrooy is good at what he does, but he only gets goals and is nowhere near as good in terms of being a complete player - how many assists does he get a season ?! I think last season Henry had the highest scoring and either the 1st or 2nd highest number of assists.
eddie_bo_jr

Postby MattyHAZUKI » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:47 pm

van the man is a striker not a provider
MattyHAZUKI
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Stevie » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Henry is both, and gets both jobs done even better.
RVN was a striker part central midfielder at PSV.

Also, Robinson can be as big of a flop-artist as James.
He's just so inconsistant. Kirkland is young and inexpierienced.
Stevie
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sidewinder » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:22 pm

I think u are underestimating Robinson a lil bit hes at a better club now if Kirkland doesnt get the games im possitive Robinson will get the no1
Sidewinder
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic