Football

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: soccer

Postby Tuffty » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:01 am

I know it was to be expected, I saw the match and saw for myself that Tevez did a decent job out there on the pitch today, but the amount of praise and adulation heaped on Tevez from City fans, ex-players and the team, despite all that was said from those same people in October/November, just goes to show what a pack of hypocritical fucks everyone involved is. They call us desperate for bringing Scholes back? Give me a fucking break.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Italian footballer dies after collapsing on the field

''He looked at me in the eyes when he was taken into the ambulance,'' Pescara's general manager, Danilo Iannascoli, told Sky Italia. ''We are living through a drama.''

Italian media reports said a car belonging to traffic police blocked the ambulance's way into the stadium and a window had to be broken so the car could be moved.

''I don't know if the ambulance was late, but I know that the entrance onto the pitch was blocked by a vehicle,'' Iannascoli said. ''Morosini collapsed, he tried to get back up but then collapsed again.''

Why wasn't the ambulance on the field?That is absolutely no excuse,they could've possibly saved his life.RIP Piermario Morosini :sad:
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:20 pm

Yeah sad story.

Ashley Young might just dive UTD all the way to the title.

Chelsea have to apologise for some scum fans who boo'ed during the Hillsborough silence

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... _Tottenham

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvLMELpuklQ[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:28 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT-hsS49XMQ[/youtube]

FF to 1:35(-ish)
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Wigan made me smile again.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 am

It's the Premies, and you're all invited!

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... wards.html
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 am

Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby PirateMuffins » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:36 am

So Chelsea beat Barca last night, i know people are gonna say defending is part of the game but god does it piss me off when a team just parks the bus.
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:19 am

Drogba needs an oscar
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't know. In a way, it's Barcelona's fault isn't it? You need two teams to play football. As beautiful as it is, when Barcelona play like this it invites the sort of defensive reaction we've seen from Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid over the years. If they want to get a result, that is.

Even if the team wasn't as romantic as it is today, with a lot more players from the footie school (Thiago, Cuenca, Pedro, etc), perhaps the defining Barça team was on Pep's first year, with Messi not as brilliant as he is today, but with Eto'o and Henry having the quality to score a lot more goals. Teams back then hadn't got their number either...

They have got to definitely find a way past these 4-5-1 counter-break formations with venomous attackers and tight defenders (and super keepers).
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby PirateMuffins » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:00 am

You cannot blame a team for being awesome at keeping the ball ;-) It's up to the opossition to break that up, and yes, it is doable, that 10 point gap Real had on Barca at one point came due to the fact that the lesser teams in La Liga no longer feared Barca and had a right go at them.

If anyone remembers the Barca - Real Cop Del Ray semi final this season aswell at the Camp Nou...Barca were winning 2-0, Real then finally got off their arses and got right into them and made it 2-2 and almost won the game, it shows that you can rattle them if you get right at them, sitting back does the opposite.

Chelsea had 21% possession, 1 corner, 1 shot on goal, i don't think even Greece were that bad back in Euro 2004 ](*,)
PirateMuffins
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Absentia » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:45 am

in http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4263114/Heart-pair-Muamba-and-Morosino-in-chance-shirt-swap.html

A GOALIE swapped shirts with heart victims Fabrice Muamba and tragic Piermario Morosini in the ONLY two internationals he played in.

Ex-Faroe Islands stopper Poul Dam, 24, played against Bolton and England star Muamba in a 2003 youth international.

Five years later Poul took the shirt of Italy under-21 star Morosini, who died aged 25 after suffering cardiac arrest in a match on Sunday.

Poul said: “It freaks me out.”

Meanwhile, a heart surgeon yesterday said Muamba, 24, could play again in half a year.

It follows a miracle recovery after his FA Cup quarter-final collapse a month ago.
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tuffty » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Absolutely crazy match today with Man Utd vs Everton. 4-2 at 70 mins and then we somehow threw those 3 points away by conceeding 2 more goals. I just....I can't explain how. Could be that Rafael had a shocker of a game today. Again, too freaking complacent for their own good, when will they learn? Course now problems are building up as City won their match, which cuts down to 3 points between us. And we have to play them next. If you ask me, that match will be a draw and the remaining games will decide it. Just feel so gutted after today's match.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:16 pm

And Pienaar cant get into the Spurs squad why Harry?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:49 am

Mental, yeah.

On the upside, Everton might finish above L'pool :D
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal